What is your all time favourite anime?

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Clannad and Clannad: After Story, best anime I have every seen in my whole life, it has change my life and also has made me buy all the Dvds.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Dominion Tank Police and Project Ako, what can I say I'm an eighties girl lol. Part of my love of Ako is the fact that it's hinted that she is the daughter of Superman and Wonder Woman which I wish was made canon becuase it would be hilarious.

jigaboon said:
The Slayers...Lina Inverse is the coolest character ever. .
Yes, Naga also cracks me up something chronic. When she made a dragon appear and it was fucked up with tiny feet and a massive head it made me cry from laughing.

Jun 5, 2010
DBZ is what introduced me too anime/manga (mostly manga im not much of a fan of not professionally dubbed anime because im thick or something) but the funniest thing I ever read was Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. but I really don't read manga anymore.

Mylock

Mar 11, 2009
My favorite would have to be Angel Beats closely followed by Soul Eater and Rosario +. While watching each of them I got obsessed halfway through and watched the rest all at once. (this was about 22 episodes for Soul so that's 11 hours straight) Honorable mention to Rozen Maiden and Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi.

PhoenixVanguard

Aug 28, 2010
Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Runners up include Cowboy Bebop, Seirei no Moribito, Paranoia Agent, and this last one will sound strange, but...Episodes 2-15 of Gungrave. Really. I swear it's some of the best storytelling to come out of Japan. No foolin'. For realsies.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
It's still The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya even after watching Clannad.

Actually I should clarify. TMOHS has been my favorite anime pretty much since I've seen it but I watched Clannad on recommendation from about a billion people and it was the most emotionally powerful, moving piece of work I've ever seen in my life. That is, right up until the last episode shat all over everything with the worst ending in existence [sub]if you don't count Lost[/sub]. So that kind of blew it for me. Clannad is still one of the best things you'll ever lay eyes on but don't watch the end.

Honorable mention goes to Mai Hime which is just fucking cool.
Also Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne is one I can't recommend highly enough. It's got everything, experimental cloning projects, immortal lesbians, BDSM re-purposed as an interrogation technique, God is a hermaphrodite. Seriously watch the fucking show it's more awesome than your brain can process at one time.

Mr Dizazta

Mar 23, 2011
excusablegold said:
two words guys: bible. black.
no?
ok full metal alchemist then
(or possebly hellsing.)
Well I never...yeah I have to agree. That is my secret shame.

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
Mikeyfell said:
Actually I should clarify. TMOHS has been my favorite anime pretty much since I've seen it but I watched Clannad on recommendation from about a billion people and it was the most emotionally powerful, moving piece of work I've ever seen in my life. That is, right up until the last episode shat all over everything with the worst ending in existence [sub]if you don't count Lost[/sub].
Except for the fact that Clannad's ending ties perfectly into the series main themes of change and family, is well explained and shows growth and development of each of the main characters, such as Nagisa and Tomoya putting their reservations of the future and past behind them so they can move on, symbolically and literally.

It's the best end a series like Clannad could have hoped for.

Frostlich1228

Apr 28, 2010
My favorete anime has ti be avatar the last airbender i know its kinda a kids anime but still it used to make me laugh and cry all the time glad they finished it.....took awhile but they did

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Harry Mason said:
Ergo Proxy.
Yeah Ergo Proxy kicked an extremely large amount of ass... one of my favorites... second only to Serial Experiments Lain...

The only show so good I bought it on every format it was released in...
Original VHS, both DVD boxsets and most recently the imported copy of the special edition blu ray... damn thing pushed $300...<.<

DoctorPhil

Apr 25, 2011
That's an easy pick, most anime sucks, that leaves only few good ones.

I suppose Dragon Ball Z, it's the anime I've enjoyed most in my life, thanks to me being a young teenage boy when it aired, wich is when DBZ is the most awesome thing ever made. But when you're older, it obviously becomes less good.
Ranma 1/2 was also absolutely amazing and hilarious when I was younger, I tried to watch it again recently but I just can't apreciate it's humor anymore, such a shame. Can't decide between this and DBZ.

But as my older self, It's Darker Than Black, it's just so well made, everything about it is excellent. Only season 1 though.

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
Of all time? Black Lagoon. Because of shit like this:

<youtube=ZTQSBm5A_FI>

Revy is badass incarnate. She could scare a Space Marine.

Gregg Lonsdale

Jan 14, 2011
Definitely Bobobo-Bobo-bobo. Just because it's so unbelievably japanese that it loses the pretentiousness most japanese animes have.