What is your all time favourite anime?

Snoozer

Jun 8, 2011
FLCL is great, Death Note has a very good anime adaption, but the best is Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood! (Do not mistake with the Anime, that is just called "Fullemtal Alchemist")
The team was limited on 64 Episodes so the quality is incredible! It is one of the few animes that hasn't just developed its "own story" when they ran out of material, but simply started when the original series was finished.
It actually convinced a lot of people I know, who hated the genre bevore ...
To quote a Amazon review:
"If you liked the first anime, you'll probably enjoy this series. If you like the manga, you will NEED to buy this set as soon as each volume is released. And if you've never given anime a try, thinking it was for weird geeky people... just watch "Brotherhood". Welcome to the Dark Side... we have cookies!"

Nihilism_Is_Bliss

Oct 27, 2009
Ah, I have many a favourite, but I would probably have to go with Ergo Proxy, as I hope you gathered from my avatar.
(All I see is Bieber...stupid button)

Dan Steele

Jul 30, 2010
Naruto, go ahead call me a brain washed drone or an unoriginal idiot. Naruto has a great story and most of the people who trash it unfortunatly started with the english dub.

cuppajoe1687

May 29, 2011
Cowboy Bebop and Trigun are pretty awesome (Cowboy Bebops' a little better I think)

But the best is Death Note; and I don't care about the damn ending, I think it was fine.

grimgor42

Mar 15, 2011
One Piece. Everyone thinks its a crap kid show because of the heavily edited 4kids dub version that played on TV. But the actual show is amazing. There are some points where it takes a while to progress the plot but its always been such a pleasant experience throughout. Its incredibly funny with decent action and NO TEENAGE ANGST. That coupled with the superb premise and character development makes it my favorite of favorites.

Skobvs

Nov 26, 2009
I don't watch much anime, but for me it would have to be Ergo Proxy. It's just wow!

Nightmonger

Jul 1, 2010
I don't really get chance to watch much Anime and wouldn't know where to start if im honest but i can safely say out of what ive watched it has to be

Gundam wing

CloudyObsession

May 4, 2009
Gitty101 said:
My personal favourite is Outlaw Star. I admit there are better out there, but Outlaw Star was one of my first and was just so good ^^
Oh hell yeah, Outlaw Star, no contest. My mom and I used to watch that show all the time when I was quite a bit younger, and I'm still in love with that series.

A very close second would be Ghost in the Shell SAC.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Amberella said:
I would have to say mine is Sailor Moon! Oh hey, look! Today just so happens to be Sailor Moon/Serena's birthday! ;D But yeah, Sailor Moon and I go wayyy back. :) It's just something I don't think I'll ever grow out of! Sailor Moon is what got me into anime, and it was the first one I ever watched. :)

So, what is your all time favourite anime?

Also, this is my 1000th post. :3 tehe
OT: My favourite anime is Black Lagoon. It has awesome characters and I can't stop loving Revy. It also has an interesting setting, but it was the characters that made me watch it. It was the first anime I watched from beginning to end and got me into anime.

This is my 7000th post something. Congratulations on 1000 posts. A friend told me when I got 1000 posts, that once you go gonzo, you don't get out alive. XD

CruxisCalling

Jan 27, 2011
Code Geass, no question. I could not stop crying at the end of that series, though I'm one of the fans who is still hopeful for R3.

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
Gitty101 said:
My personal favourite is Outlaw Star. I admit there are better out there, but Outlaw Star was one of my first and was just so good ^^
Absolutely love that anime! Currently watching Rurouni Kenshin at the moment!! Got to love the classics. :3

Bleedingskye

Mar 19, 2011
Neon Genesis Evangelion, most def. Does Avatar count? cause I loved that stuff, especially momo.
Korak the Mad said:
Bleach

It's a great show. The first 10 episodes are a little slow paced, but the rest of it is pretty good.

I like it because it actually has a really in depth storyline.
Totally dig Bleach, but I feel that every filler ep makes me die a little inside.

ToAsTy McBuTTeR

May 27, 2009
the Slayers, next, try, and revolution... why am i always the only one who mentions it... well the easy answer is that i'm the only one who thinks they're worth mentioning...

someone already said the other ones i really like... Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star... which are pretty close in theme really...

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Case Closed or Naruto Shippuden, I would have to say.

Snoozer

Jun 8, 2011
grimgor42 said:
One Piece. Everyone thinks its a crap kid show because of the heavily edited 4kids dub version that played on TV. But the actual show is amazing. There are some points where it takes a while to progress the plot but its always been such a pleasant experience throughout. Its incredibly funny with decent action and NO TEENAGE ANGST. That coupled with the superb premise and character development makes it my favorite of favorites.
One Piece is one of my favourite Mangas. The problem is the Anime: just is not as good as the Manga; many fillers and especially the latest episodes are horrible. In germany there is a lot of cercorship as well, because they aim at children around 7-12 years for some reason (japanese manga actually aims at a age group of 13-18 years)
I can just recommend reading it. One piece becomes better with every chapter. Eichiro Oda (author) claims to have the entire series planned out - and that makes the difference! There are sometimes plot parts left open, jsut to be continued years later - feels really epic.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
My favourite anime of all time, well I actually have two simply because I cannot choose between them.

The first is Hitman Reborn, love that show, just wish they would continue it, but at least I still have the manga.

The second is To aru Majustu no Index.

I loved this show, I mean loved it, I enjoyed the story line, the characters and how said characters developed, especially Accelerator who in my opinion has to be one of the most powerful anime characters to ever be created.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Dragon Ball.

It may not be as intelligent as Death Note or NGE, nor well animated as more recent stuff, but dammit, you can't beat this: