What is your all time favourite anime?

pyramid head grape

[Game-Over]
Feb 4, 2011
lithium.jelly said:
Okay, so Baccano! is really that good? I might have to try it after all then. I dunno, reading the Wikipedia page for it, it doesn't sound that interesting, and Prohibition-era US is a setting I really don't care for at all... Is it really worth trying out?
It many be in prohibition-era, but it not really the main outlet for the story. It much more than that but... ah, trying not to be spoiler here, the less you know the better. (Wikipedia isn't helping)

Anyway, I have been vague for long enough. Time to give you a straight answer, its very much worth your time, but thats all up to you. ^^

DrEmo

May 4, 2009
Charlie Emerson said:
Either FLCL or Welcome to the NHK.
If you also state either "Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei" or "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann" as your 3rd choice, I'll call the cops on you for stealing my thoughts.

I don't have a favorite, but my top 5:

1. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (I love its humor, music, art style and characters.)

2. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (The most ridiculous thing you will ever watch... and it's great.)

3. Welcome to the NHK (It will make you laugh uncomfortably and just make you feel weird in the best way possible.)

4. Steins;Gate (Time traveling text messages provide a tremendous and tantalizing viewing experience.)

5. [C] Control: money of soul and possibility control. (It's Pokemon meets the stock market. Yeah, I'll let that sink in.)

Also on my favorites:

Toriko (EAT THE OCEANS!), Darker than Black (Good characters), Kuuchuu Buranko (Trippy and incredibly entertaining.), Ergo Proxy (philosophy and such)and several others.

Least favorite: Ookami san and Elfen Leid.

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
InsanelyZanter said:
lithium.jelly said:
Okay, so Baccano! is really that good? I might have to try it after all then. I dunno, reading the Wikipedia page for it, it doesn't sound that interesting, and Prohibition-era US is a setting I really don't care for at all... Is it really worth trying out?
Yes. It's not the setting as much as the tone that makes it. It's hard to describe properly, my interest was low until I caught episode one.

It's on netflix if you got that, in the incredible dub, so check it out when you have the time.

The spiritual sequel, Durarara, is also fantastic, though it takes longer to pick up.
I'm going to have to try these out. :3 I heard about them but never went ahead and watched them. :3 I will have to when I have some spare time.

AgentCooper

Dec 16, 2010
That is hard to say really...

I will post a top count,to me these are the best of the best

Fist of the North Star

Yu Yu Hakusho

G Gundam

These three stand out to me and these series have tons of multiple viewing value.

SargeGO

Nov 18, 2009
My favorite is probably FMA (Not FMA B, even though that was also great). A close second is probably trigun. Love both of those series.

StereoMike

Jul 13, 2010
animehermit said:
StereoMike said:
so few people mentioning Evangelion. Its the best thing out there.

In terms or animation I like samurai champloo. Looks great.

Also, to the people hating on English dubs... do you speak Japanese? Because I do and I've noticed that 9 times out of 10 the English dub is far better than the Japanese.
A lot of the older dubs are just downright awful, That's why. Recently they've been increasing in quality with some releases actually being better than the originals.
I've seen old and new. Personally I find the vast majority of japanese voice acting to be almost unlistenable. Which might be a word I just made up.

thedevilscousin

Nov 14, 2010
StereoMike said:
so few people mentioning Evangelion. Its the best thing out there.

In terms or animation I like samurai champloo. Looks great.

Also, to the people hating on English dubs... do you speak Japanese? Because I do and I've noticed that 9 times out of 10 the English dub is far better than the Japanese.
I can actually hold you up on that, I speak both Japanese and English and only recently(like the las 3-4 years, maybe less) have english dubs been improving, in terms of japanese dubs they sound at least more bad-ass than the americans. And if you understand what's being said, it's not as sillu soundin as the english dub

Oh and i agree on you on Champloo, awesome animation there

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
SargeGO said:
My favorite is probably FMA (Not FMA B, even though that was also great). A close second is probably trigun. Love both of those series.
FMA will always be one of my favourites. :3 I haven't finished with Brotherhood though. I plan to sometime soon. :)

MardukGKoB

Aug 11, 2010
My favorite is Fuma No Kojiro, where rival ninja clans fight over control of the public school system in their prefecture. Which is clearly the greatest concentration of power in Japan, when you think about it. Every school is chock full of gods, demons, aliens, giant robots, super scientists (mad and sane-ish), epically-skilled martial artists, psychics, time-travelers, and other beings of immense power. Oddly, the ninjas involved are a bit less than epically-skilled so I have to wonder how they expect to influence the more useful students.

If Rg Veda had more than two episodes to it, it might have been able to take top spot for me.

My favorite scene from an anime is in Sol Bianca - the captain is out laying on the hull of her starship, sniping arena guards from orbit with an energy rifle. Allegedly to help her crew escape execution, but from the maniacal laughter I think that is secondary.

OCAdam

Oct 13, 2010
Hmm... I gotta say my favorite is Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. And then FMA:B and FMA equally side-by-side. All with the English dubs (although the Bo scene making fun of Initial D in the original Japanese is much funnier TBH). I haven't really watched that many anime series... was recommended Bleach for having lots of action, but I found I actually got bored pretty quickly. If I wanted action, I'd play UT2004 with 200+ opponents against just me. (BotManager v7)

T1tan45

Oct 19, 2010
A recent anime:
-The World Only God Knows
-Tiger and Bunny.

Overall my Favorite animes would have to be:
-Black Cat
-Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Hiken no Ace

Jul 12, 2010
One Piece hands down for me! It was Dragonball till I saw that. My top 5 nowadays would probably be:

1) One Piece
2) Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
3) Cobra the Animation
4) Sengoku Basara
5) (maybe?) Fairy Tail

Dragonball is still a classic favorite though! Also, all the above animes I watch only in Japanese of course ;)

duowolf

Mar 26, 2011
For me it would have to be Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
It has everything friendship, murder, mystery, horror, comedy, drama and great characters and plot.

Slangeveld

Jun 1, 2010
AAAAALLLLL HAAAAAILLLL BRITANNNIAAAAAA

In all seriousness, I'm seeing a lot of Code Geass' out there. Lemme try and be original...

... Nope, got nothing. CG is my favourite. Though Clannad and its sequel are probably the 'best' I've seen. If there is such a thing. Those let a hefty impact and made me feel emotions I didn't know existed let alone have.

First anime was Erementar Gerad. Which is a great anime for first watch. Ehr. The anime that made me go from "Anime is pretty cool" to "Anime is fucking awesome" was Fate/Stay Night. Around the same time or slightly before this I was watching "Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoah" which is probably the reason why I can appreciate a wide variety of genres now.

Most recently, I'd say .. "Ano Hi Mita Hana No Namae o Bokutashi wa Nada Shiranai" (O_O) is a very good one.

But yes. My favourite remains CG.

Konaerix

May 19, 2010
Well, Its nice to see a person who still feels strongly about sailor moon in this day and age, I was afraid there weren't any people like that any more...
Anyway my favorite ( and I mean FAVORITE) show is Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, otherwise known as the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
I WILL FOREVER FUCKING LOVE THAT SHOW!!!

Close seconds are:
-Shakugan no Shana
-Angel Beats
-Clannad
-Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
-Hidan no Aria
-Puella Magi Madoka Magica