What is your deal breaker?

jimahaff

Apr 28, 2011
Let's say that you meet the Girl (or Boy) of you'r dreams. This person is perfect in every way, everything you could ever want in a partner, they love/like/care for you (whatever word you are comfortable with), everything is perfect, except for one thing, one critical deal breaking problem. So what is the deal breaker for you? The thing that you just couldn't live with, no matter how perfect this person is, because of this it just won't work.

For me it would be crassness and perversion, basically cussing a lot, talking about sexual things casually, and an overall lack of etiquette and manners. No matter how attractive or intelligent she is that would break the deal for me.

So what is it for you, what is the ultimate turn off, or that one thing you just can't live with?

Esper Empress

May 10, 2011
Nosiness. I /hate/ nosiness. I am a private person when it comes to my things, whether it's my cellphone or computer. And if they give me the whole 'if you won't let me look at them, that means you're hiding' lecture, that would just make it worse. I think that if you really trust someone, you don't have to look through each others' things like that.

Kahldris71

Jun 1, 2011
I have to say, Clinginess?. It?s the one thing i can?t tolerate. I can tolerate an annoying laugh or a religion as long as they don?t try to force it on me. For example i dated a woman, who i was quite happy with for the first month. Until she got clingy... to the point of calling my cell phone while i was in the washroom. To tell me she missed me. For context, she was in the living room watching TV, and i had only been gone for about 3 minutes. I draw the line at potty calls.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
jimahaff said:
basically cussing a lot, talking about sexual things casually
Really?

Manners and etiquette among mixed company aside, I wouldn't at all mind dating a girl comfortable with strong language and talking about sexual subjects.

For me it probably be a weak moral center. I can't see myself with anyone with little sympathy for the less fortunate, the inability to withhold insults/poor treatment, and such things like that.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I too cannot stand crassness. Manners and polite language are easy.

Just do it and life becomes much better for all of us.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Smoker

I don't mind a good fire at all, but cigarette smoke just smells horrible.
Grand_Arcana said:
I've friend-zoned a very attractive girl for being too dim for my tastes.
That, too. I can't handle stupid.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Probably... Coprophilia or something similar, I would imagine. Definitely a big turn off for me.

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
Stupidity would probably affect all other areas. No intelligent conversations, I couldn't take their feedback seriously; it'd be a deal breaker (even if she was an absolute 10).

Zaeseled

May 17, 2011
Idiocy. I can deal with some airhead-iness and stuff like that. But, for example, she can't answer a question like
"If Bob drives his car 60km/h, and he drives for 60 minutes, how far has Bob driven?"
then we have no future together.

Gabes

May 8, 2008
If I were to answer in the broad sense just by reading the title of the post I would say poor spelling...

But on topic: narcissism. I'm not talking a little self-centered (or even a lot), I'm talking about the kind of person who is so obsessed with their self that they can do no wrong. Nothing is ever their fault and everything that happens that effect them was done to them or for them. Forget inconsiderate, it's the person who could get in a car crash, have a few cuts needing stitching and still find a way to turn the conversation to their plight and not that of the other passenger who is in critical condition.

Yeah, that person. I'd never speak to them but it would be because I was a ***** or they were too much for me. I'd be polite and cordial to them but that would be because they are such an amazing person. I'd hit them with a blackjack and throw them off a cliff but that would be because I was jealous of them. No outer beauty could fix their inner ugliness. Except maybe duct-tape on their mouth. Maybe I could overlook it for time.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
You might want to fix your title. I'm just saiyan.

People like me are rare on this site, but if she's not my religion, and if she doesn't have the same ridiculously strict morals, then no.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
If she doesn't have opinions. I don't care if she's stupid, I've been out with stupid. But they must have a sense of self, with opinions on things (not just regurgitated opinions but thoughts of her own).

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Me and you would not get along at all OP. I've had to tone down my crassness because I was starting to slip in front of my younger siblings (and my parents don't appreciate that). Quite frankly I'd love a girl that tosses out "****" as casually as any other word.

Self-confidence issues might be a deal-breaker for me. Image problems, weight problems, jealousy, I don't think I'd handle a partner if these were crippling. They'd have to be pretty fucking crippling though, and I would have had to have tried and failed (badly) to help her through it before it broke the deal.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Not being attracted to women, I guess. That would make things kind of difficult.

Alright, other than that, let me think...well, if they didn't like my parents or my family, I'd choose my family over that partner, that's for sure. Or if they wanted me to give up my career and stay home. Things like that I couldn't deal with.

KarlMonster

Mar 10, 2009
I don't quite know all of my deal-breakers yet. Smoking is a big turn-off, so if she won't quit for me, that's a deal breaker. It sounds a little unfair, but I won't start smoking for her, and the compromises are all crappy because kissing her will taste like ashtray.

Wushu Panda

Jul 4, 2011
Seriously? Crassness and open about sexuality is a problem? Those women are the easiest to hang out. They tend to be honest and direct, no bullshitting or mind games. I've always loved those girls, too bad they've always had boyfriends when I knew em, hell of a good friend though.

A turn off would have to be something similar to the people who appear on the show "My Strange Addiction". There was this one women who liked to chew rocks. Literally picks up rocks, bites into them and crunches...wtf?