What is your deal breaker?

Dr. Danger

Let's Talk Lobotomy
Dec 24, 2008
If they're ugly or obese in any way. I'm obsessed with body image and strive for someone who compliments me physically.

On a less serious note - if they were a homebody who didn't like to travel, if they were too clingy, if they were too interested in me. About the latter, I want what I can't have.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
-If her best friend is her mother.
Things become too awkward.

-If she lives more than two hours drive away in a city I'm not familiar with.
I tried it once, and it was soul crushing. It was too damn stressful to have to schedule four hours of driving back and forth in one day so I could spend an hour or two with my girlfriend. Getting lost over a hundred miles from home at 12 in the morning is not fun. I remember one time asking a drug dealer for directions, and another time I walked out of a store that was robbed by the guys walking in as I walked out.

-If she's a colleague.
I don't date other cadets, especially if they're in my class. I've seen how they end, and I don't want to spend several years in a class of 14 where one of them hates me.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Smoker. I can't tolerate the smell of it in any way and it is my number 1 turn-off. There is no redeeming quality(ies) when someone smokes.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Wushu Panda said:
Seriously? Crassness and open about sexuality is a problem? Those women are the easiest to hang out. They tend to be honest and direct, no bullshitting or mind games. I've always loved those girls, too bad they've always had boyfriends when I knew em, hell of a good friend though.
Exactly. I want to be able to speak with my future wife as casually as I do with my best friend. Only seems to make perfect sense... to me, anyway.

Stupidity would probably affect all other areas. No intelligent conversations, I couldn't take their feedback seriously; it'd be a deal breaker (even if she was an absolute 10).
That's another good one. I'd say that's a deal breaker for me too.

targren

May 13, 2009
I've got several of them (you get more of them every time you date a new girl):

Wants kids - I decided long ego not to have kids, so if she wants them it's just not fair to either of us to even waste our time.

Stupid or can't reason logically - I need intelligent conversation and love lively debates, and if she can't stand up under me crushingly dissecting every contradiction in her arguments, she's going to be miserable really fast.

Drama addicts - Choosing the dumbest possible option in any situation just to make things tense comes off as not only stupid, but her stupidity making my life more difficult. Ass, meet curb.

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
Uses drugs. I just can't handle that. Second would be stupidity. I would like somebody I can share my thoughts without having to explain every little thing.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
If they smoked, I can't stand the smell of the stuff, or if they do chew. It's fucking disgusting and I don't see how anyone can do that stuff.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Having a penis, or at one point having had a penis. Sorry, but that is just a deal breaker

Otherwise, I would say being foul mouthed, a heavy drinker, or a smoker are all deal breakers for me.

MadTix

May 7, 2008
For me, smoking is a definite deal breaker. Other than that, though, the only real thing I can think of is if she wants to get into things of mine that I prefer to keep private, like my computer, because then it's an issue of trust.

unicron44

Oct 12, 2010
Girls with really bad self image issues. I have a friend with horrible issues (but at times I think she exaggerates it for attention) and she's always me, me, me, and whenever she talks about other people it's always in a bad light or gossipy. Also a girl who is jealous when it comes to being friends with other girls. I once dated a girl who would give me twenty questions if I ever talked to any other girls, but she would always talk to other guys and I never freaked out on her.

Rofl-Mayo

Mar 11, 2010
Probably smoking. Most of my humor is made of sexual humor so that definitely can't be a deal breaker for me.

Feb 9, 2011
I have a lot of deal breakers. I guess the one that tops the list is infidelity (obviously). That's a one strike and you're out. No excuses. Some close runners up:

Smoking, drug user, being too clingy, not having career goals or any kind of personal aspirations, a felon/criminal, not respecting my privacy/ my "me" time...there are others, but you get the picture. I'm extremely picky.