What is your favorite fighting game?

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
It really looks like everyone starts off trying to play Chie for some reason... All the low PSR people are playing Chie whereas everyone around my level (600+ represent!) Chie disappears. NOBODY plays Aigis or Labrys except me. Well, I think Fappy might play Aigis but who cares about him right? >.<

Chie IS good though don't get me wrong. Her autocombo is a high/low mixup on its own and her dragon kick thing chunks everything. Then there are those people who have mastered the art of shoving Tomoe in your face and never letting go.

Well I did swear to main Shadow Labrys when the game came out. Technically she's still my best character but PSR LIES! I got her almost to 700 because I was playing the bullshit damage, mixup crazy character heavily all launch week. Lolololol get rekt scrubs! Accidental powerleveling!

I played a little bit too much Labrys and found Shabrys unplayable after a few days... Seriously they are nothing alike in practice. Shabrys has twice Labrys' speed for one. I got too fond of Ariadne to go back as well. Standing Persona attack is just too useful.

Oh if you're on XBL you can add me. Exactly the same name as this but with a 7 on the end.
Owww man, that sounds like fun! Chie and Mitsuru! Or Yukiko! I wonder if Yukari was not that popular or something? Even Elizabeth made it and other Persona 3 girls.
Anyway, I'm glad they have Story mode and all that, unlike Capcom's fighters where singleplayers are so bareboned.

I only have Soul calibur 4, fight night round 4, DOA4, Virtual Fighter 5 and EA's MMA (in which the online doesn't work anymore) on the Xbox. Sorry! :(

Dreiko said:
Haha, yeah, with Tao especially you wanna go batshit (or perhaps catshit, it this case) insane all over your foes face, jumping around all over the place and creating oppenings. Tager on the other hand does kinda have to block, but if your foes can't work around how your grabs work you'll have a walk in the park with him.

Blazblue Chronophantasma is the new game, there's lots of changes yeah, there's a new guard break mechanic which crushes guard if not barrier-blocked and uses 25 meter, there's the overdrive system which gives you char-specific powerups and extended DD animations but uses up your burst, there's many new moves too. Tager for example now has an air version of his Tager Buster command grab and can also shoot his spark diagonally up to catch people jumping at him. Taokaka on the other hand has this air DD which does 1200 minimum damage and is amazing for ending combos. (it does 1600 if she is in overdrive while she uses it)
Exactly what I did haha. I remember Taokaka's supermove was hard to dodge unless you sit down. Took a few matches for my friend to get it = a lot of free wins!!

I will wait to get that new Blazblue then, instead of Continumn Shift 42156352983+. Tager's air grab sounds awesome!! Man, the big guy is hard to master but once you do, it's hard to hurt him.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
...Honestly?
Probably Power Stone 2 from back in the Dreamcast days. That was so fun. Might be just nostalgia though.

Even though i've played such things as BlazBlue, king of fighters, street fighter and MvC series, meh, they all end up leaving me with something I genuinely dislike so badly.

Hrm, I also liked the Ninja Storm games. Simple silly fun, like with the Smash Bros series.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Rival Schools and Project Justice.

Those games were ++good and I hate that Capcom dropped the series like a bad habit.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Sack of Cheese said:
Exactly what I did haha. I remember Taokaka's supermove was hard to dodge unless you sit down. Took a few matches for my friend to get it = a lot of free wins!!

I will wait to get that new Blazblue then, instead of Continumn Shift 42156352983+. Tager's air grab sounds awesome!! Man, the big guy is hard to master but once you do, it's hard to hurt him.

Hehe, there's just 2 continuum shifts games, CS1 (which got a free downloadable patch balance uptdate into CS2) and CS Extend.

Either way, the new game will be out in october in Japan and next year (q1 presumably) for the west so yeah, if you've been out for years might as well wait for it. Though...I do think extend's an awesome game and if you wanted to warm up for BB again it'd be a great thing. It's pretty cheap too by now, less than $20 new.

Oh and yeah, Tager's his best self in Chronophantasma and so is tao actually, here's some good footage of that:

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Dreiko said:
Hehe, there's just 2 continuum shifts games, CS1 (which got a free downloadable patch balance uptdate into CS2) and CS Extend.

Either way, the new game will be out in october in Japan and next year (q1 presumably) for the west so yeah, if you've been out for years might as well wait for it. Though...I do think extend's an awesome game and if you wanted to warm up for BB again it'd be a great thing. It's pretty cheap too by now, less than $20 new.

Oh and yeah, Tager's his best self in Chronophantasma and so is tao actually, here's some good footage of that:

Yeah I was exaggerating. I followed the news of Blazblue up to the release of Extend then I got caught with other games. I was waiting for a new game with at least 6-7 more characters compared to Calamity trigger.

2014 sounds fine. I can wait while working through my backlog.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
As far as chars go, Extend has a total of 19 which Cp brings to 25. CT having just 12 I'd say even EX is a considerable leap. :D

blood77

Apr 23, 2008
While there has been a large amount of fighting games that I've played and enjoyed through the years, there is only one that I get a real feeling of accomplishment from winning, Guilt Gear. And if you have to ask which version, my answer is yes :p but the next one coming looks pretty awesome.

And while I'm not one who obsesses over graphics, I mean I did choose guilty gear for this after all, I will admit that something was lost watching this:

Btw I main Slayer and Axl.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Mortal Kombat 9. I recently got a copy of the game (I've always been a fan of MK. UMK3 is the shiznit!) into it thanks to a friend's generosity, I've already learned extremely damaging combos with my favorite characters like Sektor, Johnny Cage and Skarlet. I was even undefeated in online ranked matches for a while. I was 11 - 0 and while I wasn't doing extremely well against a well-versed Sub Zero, I still had the opportunity to make a comeback. However the match disconnected and it counted as a loss. But I digress.

UMvC3. I've stopped playing it as fervishly as I used to, but I still watch and get hype at tournament matches.

On that note, MvC2. Ever since I made my friend watch the highly inspirational Justin Wong comeback video:

<youtube=gVmc5ZepdVs>

he bought it on PSN and we played it nonstop for at least 4 hours. It was one of the most fun games I've ever played.

I absolutely adore mascot fighters, so when I played PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale at a friend's house I immediately went out the next day and bought it. My main characters are Evil Cole and Raiden.

Marc Wyzomirski

Jun 20, 2013
Street Fighter III Third Strike is my undisputed favorite.

The flow of combat is so well done, along with incredible animations. It just FEELS right for martial arts action in the 2D fighter style. The flow is so amazing and the controls are so refined. No other fighter has matched this level yet, and I really hope to see a return of it in the future. In a way Street Fighter IV was a disappointment in the combat flow, but it has it's own appeal and I've grown to like it as well.

BlazBlue comes in at a second, due to all the advances it's made with 2D combat. Mainly I like the ability to still hit an opponent on the ground and dodge roll out of being knocked down. Also the way they handle grabs is great.

thegamermn

Jan 30, 2009
Injustice: Gods Among Us was about the only fighting game I could get into decently. With the mechanics being simple enough for me to grasp and do some of the basic (And even some of the more advanced) combos. However I had to play it on the easier modes as I was renting it and fighting games tend not to be my forte.

I've also been getting into Spartacus: Legends of the Arena. However: That game is less "technique" and more "Spam attacks until one of you is dead."

blood77

Apr 23, 2008
Red X said:
blood77 said:
While there has been a large amount of fighting games that I've played and enjoyed through the years, there is only one that I get a real feeling of accomplishment from winning, Guilt Gear. And if you have to ask which version, my answer is yes :p but the next one coming looks pretty awesome.

And while I'm not one who obsesses over graphics, I mean I did choose guilty gear for this after all, I will admit that something was lost watching this:

Btw I main Slayer and Axl.
I screamed like a little girl when i first saw this! I'm like the biggest GG fan around! Graphically it seems more impressive than most fighting games released now that only have 3 visual styles.

Order-Sol is my main man!
Order-Sol, really? Then I have to ask do you play him the normal way or my friend's silly-as-hell-but-dang-you-still-beat-me way that doesn't use his charge meter what so ever?

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Oh god. That one question I can't possibly answer anymore.
I'm really torn up between the BlazBlue series and Soulcalibur 2. BlazBlue for story, Soulcalibur for gameplay. I suppose my favourite fighting game would be the two of them stapled together.

Mrkillhappy

Sep 18, 2012
Blazblue is likely my favorite franchise however all system arc games are awesome. I also enjoy MVC 3 and the eternal classic SF2.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
I also use Order Sol lol. We should do mirrors, my psn is Dreikoo and also I sub Slayer.

O-Sol combos are very nice even without charge, Gun blaze>JH>JD>JH>JD>Bandit Revolver does half life mid-screen against most chars.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
Super Smash Bros. (N64)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Mortal Kombat (Ps3)
Persona 4 Arena (Ps3)

They're all easy to pick up with fairly simple specials and combos but still offer plenty of room for serious play.