What is your favorite game of all time?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Exile 3, or maybe 4.

Ancient, barely any graphics, but innovative, intuitive and with great story and world-building.

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
Saints Row 2. I've been searching for the perfect sandbox game, and I've found it.

Atlys

is best pony
Mar 3, 2011
Mirror's Edge would have to be my favorite game. It took a new idea and threw caution to the wind. I love the first person freerunning aspect. Of course if Assassin's Creed had a first person mode I guess that would make it my favorite game.

EA and DICE are up against each other in March Meyhem but I'm not really paying much attention to it.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Three-way tie between Tsukihime, A Drug That Makes You Dream, and Kanon.

Not counting those...probably Devil May Cry 3.

Melian

Feb 11, 2011
I'd have to go with Icewind Dale. It was the first game I ever played, and I've hade so many wonderful experiences with it that despite all the other awesome games I've played since, this game holds the best part of my heart.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Ugh, too many choices for me to pick one. Every game that I list as one of my favorites has something about it that makes it stand out whether it be sound track, game play, story, etc.

Sound Track: Chrono Cross
Villain: Final Fantasy 6 (Kefka... enough said)
Main Character: Ratchet and Clank games
Story: Mass Effect
Gameplay: Dark Cloud
Setting: Brutal Legend (I love the metal theme)

All those games' developers made it to at least round two of my MM bracket (yes I have Double Fine beating out Nintendo), but the one I have winning MM didn't make any of those (Blizzard).

okogamashii

Mar 15, 2009
Vampire: the Masquerade Bloodlines. It's the only game that I'll finish, then immediately start over, and enjoy just as much.

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
Man thats a tough one. i'm thinking... Donkey Kong Country 2. probably the most awesome platformer ever IMO.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
My favorite changes from day to day. I love lots of games but I'm not a "fanboy" of any game (I'm not meaning that in a derogatory way, it's just the best way to describe a super fan of something). Right now I'd say Uncharted (I have the sequel, but haven't played it yet since I just picked it up yesterday) and Q*bert which is always in my top five.

Naughty Dog is in MM, but I have no idea where I placed them, however.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
HailtotheKing said:
Check any of my previous posts, and odds are I'll mention the vastly underrated PS1 classic Chrono Cross, technically a sequel to Chrono Trigger in the same way that KOTOR 2 is a sequel to KOTOR 1. Same world with references to the previous game, but not all that much to do with it.

This is probably the reason that an insanely large number of people dislike it, because it isn't a direct continuation from CT. Also, it had a brilliant and unique battle system that forced you to actually use your head and plan in battle, which I'm given to understand people didn't like. Seriously, if I could pummel the shit out of the game repeatedly when I was 10 years old, there's no reason for anyone to be so confused by the combat that it renders the game unplayable.
That game is simply amazing.

Another complaint I constantly hear about it is that it has too many useless characters. It's such a weak complaint because the game never forces you to use most of them. I picked up every character I could just because, but pretty much never used any party other than Serge, Fargo, and Glenn once I got them.

Plus the songs used in that game are 5 star epicness.

Lazier Than Thou

Jun 27, 2009
HailtotheKing said:
Check any of my previous posts, and odds are I'll mention the vastly underrated PS1 classic Chrono Cross, technically a sequel to Chrono Trigger in the same way that KOTOR 2 is a sequel to KOTOR 1. Same world with references to the previous game, but not all that much to do with it.

This is probably the reason that an insanely large number of people dislike it, because it isn't a direct continuation from CT. Also, it had a brilliant and unique battle system that forced you to actually use your head and plan in battle, which I'm given to understand people didn't like. Seriously, if I could pummel the shit out of the game repeatedly when I was 10 years old, there's no reason for anyone to be so confused by the combat that it renders the game unplayable.
My complaint with the game was that I never understood the storyline. I dunno if I'm just stupid or if I missed things in the game, but I could never understand what was going on, who I was supposed to be killing and why.

I did like the combat system though. Wasn't too happy about the stars system at first, but it grew on me. It allowed for a much better means of staying properly balanced throughout the game(at least, on the first play through).

Brownie101

Feb 10, 2009
Easily Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun. It's gameplay was great and it's graphics have aged quite well. Westwood, however, is not in March Mayhem since they were bought out by EA.

Jaccer

May 2, 2009
Pokemon. No matter how much I play it, or how many of them I play; I can always find joy in the newest one, or going back to play one of the old ones.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Valagetti said:
Portal, its just the personification of perfection.
Seconded. Hilarious + smart + short + different = best.

Even some games I'd consider my favourite of all time, don't offer as tightly wound a plot and campaign as Portal does.

EzraPound

Jan 26, 2008
Uhhh. . .

Shenmue II
Super Mario Bros.
Resident Evil 4
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Grand Theft Auto III
GoldenEye 007
Deus Ex

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
believer258 said:
Super Metroid, because it is absolute perfection in every way. If you don't believe that you can be immersed in an old 2D game, something's wrong with you.

Nintendo may be in March Mayhem, but I didn't put them very far in my bracket.
Almost exactly this. To me it's almost perfect but still the closest to perfect I've played. The atmosphere is far more interesting than all the big popular 3D games I've played recently, and I've played all the Metroids.

newuseforvintage

In Andre the Giant's posse
Sep 6, 2009
Banjoa Kazooie rocked my world back in the day, as I've grown up I'd say Red Dead Redemption. It's the only game i've ever had the drive to get 100% on.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
This is a terrifically hard choice: one game that beats out all others in all genres?

I would probably have to say Morrowind, but Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Legend of Zelda OoT, Civilization 4, Starcraft, and KoTOR are all waaaaay up there.