The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
http://isohunt.com/img.php?mode=release&path=53995.jpg

All the way, no questions asked.

DUNGEON KEEPER 1 and 2!

Sh0ckFyre

Jun 27, 2009
300lb. Samoan said:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Agreed.

psivamp

Jan 7, 2010
300lb. Samoan said:
i forgot to mention DESCENT.

when am I going to get a Descent or Descent-like game on a modern platform? I miss that game!!!!!!!!!
DESCENT! Oh, man, that brings back memories. Good and bad. Good - the game rules, bad - my father and I got a modified copy with a pair of shutter glasses to play it in 3D, shutter glasses suck. Speaking of 3D, we have the tech to do VR goggles right, why isn't anyone on top of this!?!?!?

psivamp

Jan 7, 2010
deth2munkies said:
3) Terminal Velocity (none of you have heard of it, but it was awesome back on 3.1)
Wasn't Fury3 essentially Terminal Velocity in DirectX 1 for Win95?

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
psivamp said:
300lb. Samoan said:
i forgot to mention DESCENT.

when am I going to get a Descent or Descent-like game on a modern platform? I miss that game!!!!!!!!!
DESCENT! Oh, man, that brings back memories. Good and bad. Good - the game rules, bad - my father and I got a modified copy with a pair of shutter glasses to play it in 3D, shutter glasses suck. Speaking of 3D, we have the tech to do VR goggles right, why isn't anyone on top of this!?!?!?
how about DESCENT REBORN - on 3D blu-ray on PS3 with a Samsung 3D TV? 2011 we'll have that shit!
i just blew my own mind ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu---!

edit: I just made up Descent Reborn, but it would be an AWESOME use of 3D technology - or just get the game with D2X-XL [http://www.descent2.de/d2x.html] and run the game with a set of NVidea 3D Vision glasses. It's like your old shutter glasses (which I wanted so frkin BRD back in the day) but way updated. And running at 120hz v-synced ;). Plug that in and see if your eyeballs don't jump out of your head and start fuckin each other (either because it looks so cool, or they're writhing in pain.)

edit2: I would totally try the same thing with Z-Doom [http://zdoom.org/News], except it's going to look like a firing range full of cardboard cut-outs. Hurray 2.5D engine rendered in 3D.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
psivamp said:
deth2munkies said:
3) Terminal Velocity (none of you have heard of it, but it was awesome back on 3.1)
Wasn't Fury3 essentially Terminal Velocity in DirectX 1 for Win95?
I wouldn't know, I never played it. Back then I was too young to afford games on my own, my dad bought a game "pack" and I got a few for my birthday. Off-hand, I remember having Terminal Velocity, The Island of Dr. Brain, Nightraid, Doom, and TIE Fighter.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
My favourite ancient PC game just has to be Dungeon Keeper. Man that stuff was addictive, and it got insane when you had multiple keepers going at it in an all out brawl. The guy doing the voiceover was damn talented.
"Your dungeon heart is being attacked!"
"Your creatures are fighting amongst themselves!"
"You need a bigger lair for your creatures."

But my favourite one of all:
"The Lord of the Land approaches!"

AdamRBi

Feb 7, 2010
Megarace, Hover, Roller Coaster Tycoon, and of course... Cosmo.

<spoiler=Increase your Health>http://lh4.ggpht.com/_FL9EaqicjX8/S-mec_N3dEI/AAAAAAAAAKo/aLXiuNtsXuU/cosmo.gif

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Might and magic 6? i think yeah
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Warcraft 1 orcs and humans
warcraft 2 tides of darkness
warcraft 2 beyond the dark portal
simtower
Diablo 1
why do people consider sc1 to be an old game, people still play it... religiously

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
Vondrakenhof said:
Dungeon Keeper.

Being an evil supernatural overlord, building a dungeon and raising an army of evil minions....

Good times....
This. Oh god this.
DK demands a remake. I'm begging you, EA.
The gameplay in the first one was brilliant, and largely untarnished in the second, but the voice over in the second was by far the best.

/thread