What is your favorite OLD PC game?

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008

Freespace 2 suffered a tragic fate. It was in most ways better then the 1st and it sold poorly despite having 5/5 star reviews all around. To me it's the best Space Sim ever made, yes better then Tie Fighter.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
better then Tie Fighter.
Hey I forgot about Tie Fighter, I played that game a ton too. Never tried Freespace but I always loved Descent 1 and 2 - I wanna play those games NOW dammit! Nothing works on XP or Vista! :mad:

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
shatnershaman said:
Sam and Max hit the road, a point and click game that was actually good and is by far the funniest game I've played.
This. SO this. Whackiest video game humor in history.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
300lb. Samoan said:
better then Tie Fighter.
Hey I forgot about Tie Fighter, I played that game a ton too. Never tried Freespace but I always loved Descent 1 and 2 - I wanna play those games NOW dammit! Nothing works on XP or Vista! :mad:
There's a Freespace 2 source code project out there called "Freespace 2 Open Source Code Project" or something similar. Anyways the game works fine on XP and Vista and also supports widescreen resolutions and all that jazz. I recommend checking it out.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Diablo 2 is 10 years old, I think. So, that.

Never really liked Starcraft. Didn't play anything older, really. At least, not unless its a port.

Amiel

Apr 15, 2009
Civilisation
The Settlers
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Day of the Tentacle
Monkey island 1, 2, and 3

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Woudl you class quake as old? its the only older game i ever played properly. If not i would say doom

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
SuperFriendBFG said:
There's a Freespace 2 source code project out there called "Freespace 2 Open Source Code Project" or something similar. Anyways the game works fine on XP and Vista and also supports widescreen resolutions and all that jazz. I recommend checking it out.
Hey, that looks like fun! too bad I don't have freespace or freespace2, otherwise I'd try this out. :( Also, I tried Glidos for Descent2, but it crashes my system everytime. And I forgot, I DID get Descent 1 working with Dos box, but the mouse input was iffy and I really really REALLY was dying to turn the resolution up.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
I hated Lemmings, because I was too young to ever complete a level. I just couldn't make them do what I wanted them to do!! American Mcgee's Alice is a bit too recent, if you ask me. I was thinking much older... plus, now that I've re-read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass, I realize how inaccurate and uninformed it is.

Raptor (see AC10's post) is a good one, but my choice is Another World, by Eric Chahi. Even then, when I was 7 or 8, I realized that game was something special. I wasn't too surprised to discover Fumito Ueda was inspired to make ICO thanks to that game.

How do you post pictures here?

Freestyle270

Mar 20, 2009
So many awesome games shown in this thread. The game I continually have the urge to return to is Homeworld/