What is your favorite Star Wars game?

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
There are countless games based on Star Wars. Everything from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back on the Intellivision in 1982 to The Old Republic. They span everything from 3rd person shooters, first person shooters, RPGs, racing, flying, and likely many other genres.

It would be tough for me to decide. Knights of the Old Republic is up there. I actually enjoyed the N64 game Shadows of the Empire a lot despite some of its harsh criticism. I spent many an hour playing X Wing versus Tie Fighter. The Rogue Squadron games are excellent. I actually pulled the Gamecube's Rogue Squadron 2 out of storage the other day to play it as I never actually finished it.

What is your favorite game?

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
inb4 Battlefront 2.

I haven't played many of them, but I remember playing a Star Wars hack n' slash for the PS1 where you could choose to play as the orange crabface jedi.

Yeah, that one was pretty fun.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Dr Pussymagnet said:
inb4 Battlefront 2.

I haven't played many of them, but I remember playing a Star Wars hack n' slash for the PS1 where you could choose to play as the orange crabface jedi.

Yeah, that one was pretty fun.
I think you might be thinking of Jedi Power Battles? That one was alright, yeah.

Personally I've really loved quite a few Star Wars games - for me, the two Knights of the Old Republic games are top-notch, along with Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy and Republic Commando, which is one of the best squad-based FPSes I've ever played, has an outstandingly well-developed set of core characters and even manages to completely avoid the Jedi. Fantastic game.

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
Knights of the Old Republic 2, followed by Republic Commando, the former being an amazing deconstruction of the Star Wars universe and the Force itself, while the latter is...
EscapeGoat said:
one of the best squad-based FPSes I've ever played, has an outstandingly well-developed set of core characters and even manages to completely avoid the Jedi. Fantastic game.
which is about the same as what I think of the game.

Also, while I wouldn't rank up it there with my two favourite Star Wars games, Empire at War is pretty damn cool, if only for the fact that you can see a lot of the different planets in the SW universe represented in the game and that there are some very cool mods out there for the game.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I really, really like The Force Unleashed. It's the only Star Wars game I've ever played that makes me feel like I really have all the tremendous power of the Force at my disposal.

I know it got poor reviews, and I know people tend to dislike it for what it does to Star Wars canon, but c'mon. You can play as Luke Skywalker and grab TIE-Fighters out of the air with your mind.
I can't possibly hate a game that lets you do that.

Rawberry101

Jan 14, 2012
Add one more to Battlefront II. Battlefront I was also sweet. Does anyone else remember the Tatooine level where the Tusken Raiders play as a third faction? Great Stuff.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Battlefront 2, without a shadow of a doubt.

So many hours spent playing that. I had Legendary in all the good weapons :p

THIS IS LORD VADER. FEEL THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
KOTOR and Republic Commando are fine choices, but I'm going to go for Jedi Outcast.

Why? It lets you be a powerful force user without going completely over the top, unlike Force Unleashed. Also, Kyle Katarn is just a likable guy.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Jedi Academy was pretty rockin'. But I probably had more fun with Battlefront 2 with my mates.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Used to be the first Rogue Squadron until I played The Old Republic. Both games are excellent at immersing you in the setting and making you feel like a major player in the galactic conflict. I really hope they change/add a space combat mode closer to Rogue Squadron in the Old Republic eventually.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
Jedi Outcast for me. I can still play that game today and enjoy it just as much as when it was new and awesome. The puzzles have aged great, and the combat of this one and Jedi Academy still look and feel pretty good in my opinion (another of my opinions is that the combat in the Jedi Knight games are better than any of the recent starwars games such as Force Unleashed and TOR, but I imagine I'll get my hands cut off for saying such things =p).

0z0wen

Feb 11, 2009
Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2, that was an awesome game, played so much of that on the Gamecube.

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
Wayneguard said:
There is one game that defined my childhood pre-Morrowind...

YES so much YES.

Although Battlefront 2, Republic Commando and Kotor are also pretty damn good.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Vampire cat said:
Jedi Outcast for me. I can still play that game today and enjoy it just as much as when it was new and awesome. The puzzles have aged great, and the combat of this one and Jedi Academy still look and feel pretty good in my opinion (another of my opinions is that the combat in the Jedi Knight games are better than any of the recent starwars games such as Force Unleashed and TOR, but I imagine I'll get my hands cut off for saying such things =p).

I agree with you, up to the combat. I'm sorry, but the saber combat in Outcast was terrible. Especially on the gamecube, with the dual click system. I always just used the Golan Arms FC-1, or Jedi Killer as I call it. I love shotguns

oplinger

Sep 2, 2010
I've had the most fun with Republic Commando. Definitely my favorite.

But rogue squadron 2 and 3 have a special place in my heart. I have at least all golds in all 3 of them. Only games I have played where I've been so driven to be the best.

razor343

Sep 29, 2010
I'm not sure if this game is ridiculously obscure or if it's horribly bad and I never saw it but Star Wars: Bounty Hunter anybody? I played it on the PS2 and had lots of fun with it...Sure KOTOR and Battlefront 2 were far superior games but frankly I played Bounty Hunter before those two gems so it holds a special place in my heart.

Jan 18, 2012
Probably a tie between Battlefront 2 and The Old Republic. The first is great for some fast paced shooter fun and the second is more for a good story and cooperative online play.