What is your favourite album, of all time?

Maiestas777

Feb 14, 2010
I am going to have to go for three different albums...

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
coin toss between Demon Dayz by GoRillaz or the OST to Sillent hill 3. i've listend to both alblums so many times

ad134

Oct 29, 2009

Heavy as hell without being overly loud. The Mirror/Lie is amazing, Erotomania/Voices/The Silent Man is amazing, Scarred is amazing, and the album ends with Space-Dye Vest, a true masterpiece of emotion.

Dr_McSteamy

Death Kitties!
Jul 7, 2011
I'm torn between Pink Floyd's 1971 Meddle (Pink Floyd is by far my favorite band, and Meddle is in my opinion one of their top albums) and Supertramp's 1974 Crime of the Century. I'm a massive Prog Rock fan, and I have listened to both these albums far and above any other I own.

Rudy, from Crime of the Century
[youtube]tOvM3hLdi78[/youtube]

And San Tropez (Because EMI blocked Echoes!) from Meddle

[youtube]baso1bjaHPc[/youtube]

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Hm... i think it would be "Forever Autumn" by Lake of Tears.

Well, i love some other songs of course, and depending on my current mood i may say something else might be my favourite song or such... but EVERY single song on this album is TOTALLY awesome. and this:

was my favourite song for YEARS. (It is from that album)

other songs on it:

But "Headstones" or "Crimson Cosmos" are also great albums, they got weaker with time though (still pretty good)

Runner up might be "Alternative 4" by Anathema or

I can only recommend those bands.

Purplecoyote

Feb 10, 2010
"Songs For The Deaf" by Queens Of The Stone Age, "Personal Journals" by Sage Francis and "Lateralus" by Tool.

squeeble69

Jun 9, 2009
Images and Words by Dream Theater
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? by Megadeth
Mezzanine by Massive Attack
Liquid Tension Experiment 2 by, erm...Liquid Tension Experiment :p

SpecklePattern

May 5, 2010
Queen - Made in heaven,

because that was the first album I bought. I was something like 10 years old back then. I was amazed by freddies singing skills.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Metallica: Ride the Lightning, or Metallica: Master of Puppets.

I cant decide between the two which I love more, so I have to go with both. Even though Jason Newsted was a MORE than capable bassist, and was phenomenal with Metallica, I will always miss Cliff Burton.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009

This album has got to be the greatest compilation of entrance themes in a wrestling promotion. It's so awesome.

KidTheFat

Dec 25, 2010
Coheed & Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV: Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness

That long ass title combined with 2 of my all time favorite songs being on it just puts it up there for me.

LilRock1976

Jun 6, 2011
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Strapping Young Lad - City
Immortal - At the Heart of Winter
Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World
Gojira - From Mars to Sirius

That is just off the top of my head.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Painkiller by Judas Priest.
It was the album that really made me get into metal and it love as much now, after all these years, that I did back then.

Necroshine/It Lives by Overkill are also two very strong contenders.

Jerious1154

Aug 18, 2008
In The Aeroplane Over The Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel is the closest thing to a perfect album that I have ever heard. It also contains the greatest song ever written about Anne Frank.