What is Your Favourite Band?

famousninja

May 27, 2008
Sayvara said:
Having a fav band is for fanbois.

Either I like a particular tune at the moment... or I don't. Who plays it is not relevant. Sometimes some artists tickle my fancy more often than others, but not enough to earn the title "Sayvara's favorites".

/S
I object to your reality and will substitute my own (which has far better grammar)
I find your lack of ability to define what you like and don't like rather strange, as taste (whether it be musical, theatrical or interactive) is one of the defining points of someone's personality, and serves to allow a small insight into how someone's mind works, and to say that you never become attached to any music is normally a good sign you shouldn't be posting in this thread, which is for all us 'fanbois' (shudder)

Anyway, getting back on topic, (which I seem to lose on many occasions, like the keys to my car or the combination to the shackles on the hookers in my basement) Whilst I have a rather broad taste in music, there are some artists that stand out more than other in what I rate as totally freaking awesome, and these are as follows:

Queens of the Stone Age
Infected Mushroom
Daft Punk
Stevie Wonder
Tool
Tim McMillan
Yawning Man
Monster Magnet
Solar Fields
Squarepusher

The list does go on for a long while after that, so I limited myself to only 10. The all time champion is of course, Queens of the Stone Age, whose very existence is responsible for my own forays into musical pursuits, ever since I saw one of their clips on some cheesy morning MTV-esque show and ever since I've been to every gig that I can get to, which isn't that many, since Queens hasn't toured Australia for a while.

Oh dear, I guess you can call me a 'fanboi' now, I have a fanatical devotion to something. I guess I'm only human, unlike you mighty space men from a planet very close to Beetlegeuse.

Stevato

Oct 3, 2008
Okay, in first place we have two bands (Because i can never decide who i prefer) we have:
Metallica & Nine Inch Nails

Followed by

Arch Enemy
Pantera
Stone Sour
Megadeth

If things turn out well i should be seeing Nine Inch Nails & Metallica at Sonisphere this August

I'm ecstatic to say the least :D

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
Well at them moment my favourite singer is St.Vincent(Annie Clark).
For those who haven't heard her, here's a song from her latest album;
"The strangers".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ3jUjFtG80

Spirit_Of_Fire

Feb 28, 2009
TopHatTim said:
Spirit_Of_Fire said:
I would have to say Green Day. They haven't made a single song I dont like.
i question your sexuality.

On topic-
I like Alexisonfire
the shins and MGMT
Really now? I'm intrested to know why you would say something like that...

henrebotha

Jan 29, 2009
I don't know.

Radiohead
Muse
Incubus
Kayo Dot
Porcupine Tree
Nine Inch Nails
The Mars Volta
Massive Attack
Portishead

Wait...What

May 10, 2009
a combination of ours

BLINK 182 (SEE AVATAR)
Less Than Jake
My Chemical Romance
Green Day (now playing)
Streetlight Manifesto
The Gaslight Anthem
Frank Turner
Fall Out Boy
Jack's Mannequin
Fake Problems
Big D and the Kids Table

Obscure yes....strange? yes

Gooble

May 9, 2008
Traditionally I would say RATM, Beck and Be Your Own Pet. Though after several years of listening to them, they start to lose their awesomeness.

At the moment I don't really have a favourite, I'm listening to different albums by different artists every day, but the most recent favourite/band I listened obsessively to was Rolo Tomassi.

goater24

Feb 5, 2008
Spirit_Of_Fire said:
I would have to say Green Day. They haven't made a single song I dont like.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.88556?page=4

EDIT: Don't want to labour a point but...

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Timme_Woot said:
What is your favourite band. (Kaiser Chiefs Rule!)
I'm not even nit-picking - but shouldn't it be "Who" is your favorite band as opposed to what?

And I don't really listen to music anymore, but I'd still say Rise Against and Switchfoot.