What is your favourite dog breed fellow escapists?

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
Marik2 said:
[HEADING=1] HUSKIES [/HEADING]
YUSH!

I love almost all breeds of dogs, but the ones I enjoy in particular are boxers, bulldogs, and rottweilers. They are some of the most loyal, loving dogs I have ever seen, and have assloads of personality.

My grandma owns a boxer, who she spoils like a child. Seriously, that dog gets christmas presents, sleeps in her own bed, and will eat from the table.

Rottweilers have been in my family for ages, and I have missed every single one.

And bulldogs? They are just plain awesomeness.

Chihuauas (Or however you spell it) are really good alarm dogs. Plus, they are really pack dependent and will get along with eachother.

However, I reeaally want a husky, malamute or mastiff.

xAnarchysAngelx

May 22, 2010
I would say Huskies (white and black)
Seeing as I own one, I named her Frostbite, but we all call her Frosty

randomsix

Apr 20, 2009
I like 'em if they're big and fluffy. Preferably large enough to double as an ad-hoc pillow.
Also tamaskans 'cuz they look pretty sweet.

Tanthius

Jun 4, 2010
While I prefer cats I like dogs as well. I used to have a Cocker Spaniel and while sweet as it could be it was the dumbest dog I think I've ever seen. We had a beagle growing up, it was too smart for its own good and used its powers for evil. Folks had a toy poodle that was just pretty much useless. Miniature Schnauzers are cute but maintaining their hair is gross and they are a bit on the slow side. Our Corgie is super sweet and very excitable but he is as dumb as a box of hair.

Then there was Grace our German Shepherd. That dog was legendary. I've never seen that kind of loyalty or devotion in an animal. I've never met another dog that was as protective and behaved as a loyal guard. She had abandonment issues, tore up tons of stuff, and shed everywhere... but was still the greatest dog ever. Shepherds as a breed tend to be super loyal, highly intelligent, and very caring. I can't imagine a finer example of the canine species. How many animals can boast they pull injured cops away from gunfights and then shield them with their bodies. A K9 unit in my town made the news when the dog actually laid on top of his partner and took 4 rounds protecting him from gunfire. The dog was buried in the police cemetery with full honors. Biggest downside though, hip displacia. Heart breaking to watch such a majestic animal unable to even get out of bed because their back legs hurt so much.

B2kCyclops

Apr 28, 2010
Tanthius said:
WBiggest downside though, hip displacia. Heart breaking to watch such a majestic animal unable to even get out of bed because their back legs hurt so much.
HD and ED are the major downside of all the big breeds, that have been "overbred". German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Great Dane, etc. many of them have these problems, because most breeders bred them for decades primarily for the looks, neglecting character and health.
But luckily this is changing, and the bloodlines are getting healthier.

WrathOfAchilles

May 20, 2009
Dachshund http://www.lepetitpuppynyc.com/site%20pics/dachshund_darci.jpg
Very emotionally expressive dogs and I have a big penis so I don't need something like a pit or rot to compensate.

flirl21187

Jun 28, 2010
I was just looking at dogs today, actually. Both of my favorite breeds were mentioned. I love the King Charles Cavalier Spaniels and Miniature Schnauzers. I'm totally a cat person (I own 2 at the moment) but if I was to get a dog it would be one of those.

Brikson

Jan 28, 2010
Favorite pure breeds are German shepherds and English bull dogs. Always had muts growing up cause they are cheap to get and have fewer health problems, or at least that's what I've been told.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
German Shephard for their loyalty and devotion, or huskeys for their wild, energetic and untamed personalities.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
I really love Huskies. My dog is a mix between a Huskie and something else. We got her from the pound the day before she was to be put to sleep. Her fur is gold and white and she has 1 brown and 1 blue eye.

One of the best dogs I've ever had.