What is Your Favourite Sound Effect From Any Game?

Jak23

Oct 1, 2010
"Maximum Armor" from Crysis, because I spend the majority of the game sneaking, so when you hear maximum armor, $h!t's about to get REAL!

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
RagnarokHybrid said:
My God, the alert sound from the MGS series will forever be embedded into my memory.

If Rising goes wrong, removing that sound effect would be the most likely reason.
Audemas said:
Codec beep from Metal Gear Solid series, I love it so much I've had it as my notification tone on my phone for the past six years.
Those sounds will never leave me. It's like PTSD, only with awesome.

Aside from that?

1. The sounds made by the Gravity Gun in HL2.
2. The death noises made by HL2 Striders.
3. The flatlining noise made by Civil Protection in HL2.
4. Anything said by Ragna the Bloodedge during combat.
5. Nosalis sounds in Metro 2033.
6. The Volt Driver firing from Metro 2033.
7. The Bullseye firing in Resistance: Fall Of Man.

Daojia said:
No love for the Siege Tank unfolding? I can't be the only one.
Also this, and the firing noises.

mmins

Aug 22, 2011
That tone you get when you click on a menu selection in Mass Effect 1. What? Am I the only one that thinks it sounds pretty cool?

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Various Terminator/Marines warcries from all WH40k franchise.
"Light of the Emperor" comes to mind.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
The enemy death sound effect from Lunar Silver Star Harmony. First time I heard that in the demo, I instantly wanted the game :3

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
Wolfenstein 3D. Gatling gun. Just... everything about it. The little ominous three note tone it plays when you find one, your guy's face when he picks it up, and of course, the firing. It's just so loud, big, and over the top. As actually carrying a minigun around and firing it would be, I imagine.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Bayonetta has some nice effects; clashing swords, blazing guns and some dubious sighs here and there :) but that's like the whole package...

ow I know. The "Snikt" from the Wolverine game.

Sagacious Zhu

Oct 17, 2011
The little *plipplipliplipliplipliplipl* sound effect that comes from gatherina a load of blocks in Minecraft

rohansoldier

Sep 5, 2011
I like the sound the torque bow makes in gears when it fires, a kind of low plinking noise that doesn't really register at first but you know its happened when the shot strikes your target and they explode in lumps of bloody meat. Awesome!

Also the screams of human foes in borderlands when you shoot an incendiary weapon at them and they start burning. The sound of a burning bandit is just poetic!

rohansoldier

Sep 5, 2011
columbianbacon said:
The alarmed sound that appears whenever a guard sees you in Metal Gear Solid. Perfect 'Oh fcuk' noise ever.

Followed closely by Mordecai's snicker in Borderlands whenever you get a crit, sums up my feelings exactly when popping skulls from half a kilometer away.

EDIT: Suck at the spelling
I know what you mean with the snicker, but my favourite one is when brick laughs after killing someone and then says 'dumbass'. Cracks me up every time!

rohansoldier

Sep 5, 2011
Jimmy Sylvers said:
off the top of my head the big daddy 'whale sounds' in Bioshock were pretty cool.
Sorry for the triple post but I also liked the voices of the little sisters. Cute, yet decidely creepy at the same time.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
- Shodan's voice.

- GLaDOS's voice and, more specifically, that scream from Portal 2.

- The Half Life 2 Strider sounds.

- The Half Life 2 pulse rifle.

- The run-like-fuck sound in Amnesia.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Daojia said:
No love for the Siege Tank unfolding? I can't be the only one.
I'll second that, its awesome!

The most memorable sound for me would be the "your plane just got hit with bullets" sound effect from Falcon 4.0. I swear I can smell the burning metal, somehow that effect manages to trigger my olfactory senses just right. Only sound effect I've been able to "smell".

Spineyguy

Apr 14, 2009
Try this with the speakers turned up, suddenly it turns into "YOUR FOUND CARD WORKF PERFECTLY."

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
The sound the peons make in Warcraft II "work work work" "yes mlord" they always made me lol. Like they're the eors of the mining world.