what is your most favorite RTS unit

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Evil Tim said:
Kinda odd to be raised by an image I actually made. :D
...for that I thank you. Between that picture and the LOLnuke video [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7NrmyjIuxU], I've been inspired to waste hours upon hours making a monstrosity I can only call "LOLmavors" on maps where the aforementioned broadswords would more than suffice.

MartianWarMachine

Neon-pink cyber-kitty
Dec 10, 2010
My favourite RTS unit would have to be Teron Gorefeind from Warcraft 2. He was so awesome that even the God-mode cheat couldn't save you from his Death and decay!

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
Evil Tim said:
Lord Kloo said:
These bad (and fat) boys roll around at two miles per hour and are equipped with 12 battleship tier guns, 2 anti air cannons and have the ability to create any unit they want to in a short time..
Well, you have to wank around with the config files if you want them to build T3 land units or aircraft, and it looks a bit silly watching one trying to build a battleship.
ah yes, i should have said any land unit up to tier 2, I had the mod that allowed it to build anything, it looks incredibly stupid building Atlantis..

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
loc978 said:
Evil Tim said:
Kinda odd to be raised by an image I actually made. :D
...for that I thank you. Between that picture and the LOLnuke video [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7NrmyjIuxU], I've been inspired to waste hours upon hours making a monstrosity I can only call "LOLmavors" on maps where the aforementioned broadswords would more than suffice.
Oh, I did that in about five minutes by dropping them with the dev console. That's why the one nearest the camera has trees inside it.

AfroTree

Feb 21, 2010
Have a guess at my overall favourite ;D

although, right at the moment, it's the

note to self, PS3 will crash when forced to fire 60 rockets, 24 times..at the same time >.>...

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Lord Kloo said:
Fat Boy - A massive rolling fortress and factory from Supreme Commander

These bad (and fat) boys roll around at two miles per hour and are equipped with 12 battleship tier guns, 2 anti air cannons and have the ability to create any unit they want to in a short time..

Did I also mention it has a shield generator, can go underwater and can dock air craft on its roof..

The only thing that can stop these beasts is strategic bombers or well calculated artillery..
And of course the horrible spam technique..
I do love a good Fat Boy

Lonely Swordsman

Jun 29, 2009
The humble Basilisk artillery tank from Dawn of War.
The mission of the Imperial Guard is to hold the line. And with a cannon that can hit you from halfway across the map, I can pretty much draw that line whereever I want.

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
Lonely Swordsman said:
The humble Basilisk artillery tank from Dawn of War.
Argle bargle SP gun is not a tank. Also, Basilisk gun is actually this thing [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Belarus-Minsk-Museum_of_GPW_Exhibition-2.jpg].

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
supcom: FA fatboys and nuke submarines were always fun

i also loved bears in WC3 and praetorian cohorts in rome: total war. you could beat 1,000 gallic soldiers with 160 pratorian cohort units stretched across a narrow point or surrounding a single point of entry.. i used to have to tell them to stop advancing too fast they would kill everything before the rest of my units could catch up

NicoDK

Sep 21, 2009
From Red alert 3, Mammoth tank from VERY early beta, before they changed it's voice.

PurkinjeFiber

Jan 21, 2011

The ability to create a huge vortex to suck units into, AND mass recall? Awesome.

Although my favorite unit for utility purposes would be sentries, from SC2.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Chimeras in Warcraft 3. Nothing strikes fear into the heart of the enemy like a squad of Chimeras behind their base. They can single-handedly take on 4 ground armies and win.

Mar 9, 2010
warprincenataku said:
Scouts for Dawn of War 2. For me, they're the most versatile unit in the game.
Really? I thought they were very limited. They were good for taking out small numbers at long range when they'd been upgraded to use sniper rifles but apart from that they could only take command posts.

Probably the MG42 from CoH, either MG team or Grenadier upgrade. That weapon just cut down enemies in the blink of an eye.

Stephanos132

Sep 7, 2009
I really enjoyed using Nuke MiGs on C&C Generals: Zero Hour, if only because it really annoyed my buddy whenever I blew away his armies and started playing/singing 'It's raining men' down the mic as the corpses his troops did literally rain down upon the battlefield

TerranReaper

Mar 28, 2009
<---- See icon for answer.

Although in terms of actual usefulness, I would say the Siege Tank or Goliath from the same game. Stealth Tanks from the Command and Conquer series was always one of my favourites to use, even if they were insanely squishy.

jamescorck

Jan 25, 2010
The aerial units of the Terrans in Starcraft. It's been a decade since I last played so I forgot what their name was ;_;

Wilko316

Jun 16, 2010
Space Marine Terminators from DoW, either that or Dark Rangers from TLOTR:Rise of the Witch King.
Terminators are the true power behind my armies in DoW, but the same goes for Dark Rangers as once they're upgraded they're unstoppable.

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
Lord Kloo said:
Evil Tim said:
Lord Kloo said:
Well, you have to wank around with the config files if you want them to build T3 land units or aircraft, and it looks a bit silly watching one trying to build a battleship.
ah yes, i should have said any land unit up to tier 2, I had the mod that allowed it to build anything, it looks incredibly stupid building Atlantis..
Wait I didn't notice it before, I'm calling shens. Experimentals in SupCom1 are all created as if they're buildings, the only way a Fatboy could build an Atlantis is if the mod made it a T3 engineer, and then it would still have to build it on the ground (well, the ocean).

And you'd have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddlin' kids.