what is your most favorite RTS unit

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Hobbits from Battle For Middle Earth 2. Mainly because an army of them equipped with rocks can take down heroes in less than a second.

Nupu

Nov 6, 2010
The Nerubians from Warcraft III. Your flying archers have no change agains me now!

Kitteh

Mar 31, 2010
Petards from age of empires 2. they were medieval suicide bombers. and bad asses.

warprincenataku

Jan 28, 2010
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
warprincenataku said:
Scouts for Dawn of War 2. For me, they're the most versatile unit in the game.
Really? I thought they were very limited. They were good for taking out small numbers at long range when they'd been upgraded to use sniper rifles but apart from that they could only take command posts.
Basically my use with them was to open up suppressing fire while the tactical or heavy units get into position. What made them the most useful unit to me was the 1-shot kill ability for taking out single enemy units. Also, they are the only unit that can equip the detonators.

So once my unit gained the ability to use item while cloaked, they were unstoppable. Tank in the way. Sneak in, plant a detonator and blow it up. Large group of entrenched soldiers, lather, rinse, repeat.

I usually gave them melta bombs, detonators and either detonation packs or air strikes. They were my hardest hitting team.

I must admit my first play through I used Thaddeus, jump pack marines instead, but my second time through I found Cyrus's group more useful. I never use them both because for me they serve the same purpose. I guess it's all just in a matter of how you play. :D

allinwonder

May 13, 2010
It has to be Baneblade. Machine spirit FTW.

Second choice would be FATBOY in SupCom 1 (not that lame FATBOY in SupCom 2).

You know, I like multi-turret doctrine.

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009

A little dated perhaps, but damn it was a powerful SoB.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Greek armored hoplites in Rome: Total War. These men made up the backbone of any respectable Greek army, and while they weren't as good as Spartan elites, they contributed far more to the war effort with solid reliability, ludicrous defense, and they were relatively cheap and quick and easy to obtain. Not even the Romans could match them until the reforms. More than enough time to roll through Italy.

Riccan

Oct 11, 2009
Flayed Ones from DoW:DC. Think robots draped in the flesh of their enemies that burst out of the ground with foot-long knife fingers.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
Corkydog said:
I think Empire Earth or some game like that had a mage or wizard or something that could call down earthquakes, disease, and volcanoes on enemies. It was awesome.
Prophets. I believe their powers were volcano, earthquake, firestorm, hurricane, plague, and malaria. They were expensive, they had very little health, and they had to be really close to their target to cast spells. They also started with no energy and it took a long time for their energy to charge up enough for them to be able to cast spells. Another funny thing about them was that they start off in fancy outfits looking very regal, and in the modern age they're crazy old men wearing sandwich boards that say "the end is near."

OT: I love Immortals from Starcraft 2, and in the same vein, Dreadnoughts from Dawn of War.

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
1) Kol Battleships from Sins of a Solar Empire.

2) Summit Battleships from Supreme Commander.

3) Why didn't any say the GDI Commando?

4) Shogun Battleships from C&C 3.

5) Terran Marines from Starcraft.