What is your "That Book"?

Cybele

Jun 7, 2010
Diana Wynne Jones' Howl's Moving Castle
What? It's a really good book. Like, Terry Pratchett kind of good.

hurfdurp

Jun 7, 2010
Hagi said:
hurfdurp said:
Of course it's much more than that. A lot of things I post on here can't really be taken at face value as generally I tend to be an oaf. I'd say the more recent books have actually become even weaker in that department if anything. I wouldn't wait years on these books if it was just for a simple sprinkling of the word phallus :p.
Wasn't really directed at you personally :p, so no oafishness (heh, my spell-checker says that's actually a word!) detected.

I was just wondering since I read them and later read some reviews in which even went as far as referring to it as erotica. So when I saw your comment I just had to ask whether I was missing something or not.
Fair enough :D. I suppose if it was someone's first entry into a book that delves beyond magical first kisses, they may consider it, erotic? Otherwise, you seem to be on board.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
DJDarque said:
The Dresden Files. I could read them all day, every day. ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.
Damn right. I didn't like Ghost Story as much, but I *did* read it at 3 AM the day it came out after not sleeping for a night, so I'm gonna read it again and see if I like it more when I'm more awake~ And another one for me is John Dies At The End.

Most stuff by HP Lovecraft, if I can work through the antiquated word-use.