What is your Zodiac Sign?

Zajber

Apr 2, 2010
I'm a Leo/Monkey and it does fit me extremely well, almost insanely well. (Only almost)

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
I'm Virgo. But that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Filip Chausidis said:
Zodiac is bullshit, they post general truths about people, usually negating themselves in the same sentence (ex: "Leos are very calm, but can be aggressive if provoked") making statements that everybody can relate to. You need to start thinking about the logic behind something (as in how could the date possibly affect your character) and rely on scientific evidence in stead of anecdotal.
Because that's just the description of your Sun sign. Everybody knows their Sun sign (where the Sun was located at the time of your birth), but *real* astrology takes into account where all other planets were, in which houses and in which signs (and relations between them and many other things). Astrology in newspaper is real astrology just as real math is only knowing how to count to 10. Of course there is no logic in thinking that all Leos are like this or that. That is bullshit and not a single astrologer will tell you that.

CactiComplex said:
I stick with the old one, making me a Cancer. Does it describe me accurately? Well, given that most descriptions of the sign seem to add up to contradictory, moody, overly sensitive, bitchy individuals then absolutely.

I can't judge myself against the positive aspects of the sign because I can't find it within myself to see any positive attributes within me. Also, I take the zodiac as fun and not as a way of life.
There is no "old" or "new" astrology. We use western zodiac which is "old", the "new" one is nothing more than just another type of zodiac, used in the eastern countries like India for example. It's called sidereal zodiac and is based on the fact that the night sky changes and that constellations move to different positions over time. It is slightly different, in both signs and explanations of those signs. We use the western zodiac (tropical zodiac) and the astrologers have always known that the constellations shift, but they decided to follow the old zodiac positions and use the explanations in correlation to the old night sky, because it's much tidier and harmonic. There is no "old" and "new"; there's tropical and sidereal, they are two different systems, and astrologers have known about since ancient Babylon. You know, one person cannot just say that the zodiac is changed; astrology is a subject matter that can be studied in special schools and there are schooled people that can decide on these matters, no matter what people think about astrology :)

Astrology is somewhat of a hobby of mine. I use it mostly for fun. And it is fun when you find everything about yourself in your natal chart. It helps me in a way, knowing that there is an "explanation", at least an unreasonable one, to deal with some of my flaws. It's something like personal psychiatry (that you don't have to pay for). But is it a way of life? No, not really. Whatever it is in your natal chart, it is by no means final and unchangeable. It does not tell you your "set path" or "destiny"; there is no such thing. I'm somehow sad when I realize how many people really know almost nothing about astrology and they immediately reject it as something that is trying to tell them what to do. I didn't want to be that kind of a person, so I educated myself on the matter first. I know there are people that are not interested in this, but it would be wise not to judge something you lack the knowledge to judge.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I'm a Scorpio, and yes it's accurate because the desciptions are as vague as they can be.
I could read any sign and find stuff that would be "right on!".

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
The Atronach. Magic is cool and all but having to guzzle down potions everyday is a bit of a nuiscance.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I'm an aries (both on the "old" one and the "new" one, my birthday is on the fifteenth :) ).
I think it describes me pretty well.

On chinese, I'm a wood dog. The idea of me being considered a "popular" or "well liked" person is quite laughable. So yeah, not too good there.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Aries. So apparently that makes me a bunch of vague crap that applies to everyone.
I do my best to subvert it all anyway. Just to be a dick.

I'm also a Monkey in the Chinese zodiac. Which I don't even have to consciously oppose because none of it fits me anyway.

CactiComplex

Jan 22, 2011
Beliyal said:
CactiComplex said:
I stick with the old one, making me a Cancer. Does it describe me accurately? Well, given that most descriptions of the sign seem to add up to contradictory, moody, overly sensitive, bitchy individuals then absolutely.

I can't judge myself against the positive aspects of the sign because I can't find it within myself to see any positive attributes within me. Also, I take the zodiac as fun and not as a way of life.
There is no "old" or "new" astrology. We use western zodiac which is "old", the "new" one is nothing more than just another type of zodiac, used in the eastern countries like India for example. It's called sidereal zodiac and is based on the fact that the night sky changes and that constellations move to different positions over time. It is slightly different, in both signs and explanations of those signs. We use the western zodiac (tropical zodiac) and the astrologers have always known that the constellations shift, but they decided to follow the old zodiac positions and use the explanations in correlation to the old night sky, because it's much tidier and harmonic. There is no "old" and "new"; there's tropical and sidereal, they are two different systems, and astrologers have known about since ancient Babylon. You know, one person cannot just say that the zodiac is changed; astrology is a subject matter that can be studied in special schools and there are schooled people that can decide on these matters, no matter what people think about astrology :)

Astrology is somewhat of a hobby of mine. I use it mostly for fun. And it is fun when you find everything about yourself in your natal chart. It helps me in a way, knowing that there is an "explanation", at least an unreasonable one, to deal with some of my flaws. It's something like personal psychiatry (that you don't have to pay for). But is it a way of life? No, not really. Whatever it is in your natal chart, it is by no means final and unchangeable. It does not tell you your "set path" or "destiny"; there is no such thing. I'm somehow sad when I realize how many people really know almost nothing about astrology and they immediately reject it as something that is trying to tell them what to do. I didn't want to be that kind of a person, so I educated myself on the matter first. I know there are people that are not interested in this, but it would be wise not to judge something you lack the knowledge to judge.
In that case, I hold my hands up, plead ignorance, and apologise for any offence I've caused. I think I've made it clear that I don't know that much about astrology at all, despite my interest in the subject. It's something I keep meaning to find out more about, but never quite seemed to find the time. Maybe it's time to make more than a passive effort there.

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
CactiComplex said:
Beliyal said:
In that case, I hold my hands up, plead ignorance, and apologise for any offence I've caused. I think I've made it clear that I don't know that much about astrology at all, despite my interest in the subject. It's something I keep meaning to find out more about, but never quite seemed to find the time. Maybe it's time to make more than a passive effort there.
No offence taken :) It just a friendly advice, because astrology can be very nice and fun activity. It's a shame that most people never really get to know anything about it; they lose interest mostly because of that newspaper astrology and generalizing about astrology as a whole. It's a really interesting part of our knowledge, it survived for thousands of years, and developed dozens of different system all around the world. Too bad that it ended up as something to fill up the last page in a magazine and made people aggressive about it as a consequence.

CactiComplex

Jan 22, 2011
Beliyal said:
No offence taken :) It just a friendly advice, because astrology can be very nice and fun activity. It's a shame that most people never really get to know anything about it; they lose interest mostly because of that newspaper astrology and generalizing about astrology as a whole. It's a really interesting part of our knowledge, it survived for thousands of years, and developed dozens of different system all around the world. Too bad that it ended up as something to fill up the last page in a magazine and made people aggressive about it as a consequence.
In that case, you can take this as a promise that I will learn more about it. Off to the library I go :)

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I am an Ares and my Chinese zodiac is a Rabbit (Fire rabbit to be exact) so it doesn't matter which one I prefer (Ares and Rabbit are similiar to each other).

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Greek: Cancer (June 28th)
Chinese: Year of the Horse (91)
Japanese: Blood type B+