What it your favorite fictional world/universe?

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
JIst00 said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.197081-Your-Favourite-Fantasy-World#6373336
Ah, sorry about that. I used the search function and that didn't come up. >_>

It's interesting to see how many different ones people have. Though it seems 40K seems like it's the most popular one.

lSHaDoW-FoXl said:
Awesome land O__O.

If not that then give me any place with a lot of cute elves ^.^'
Is awesome land next to imaginationland?

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
I don't think anyone would be offended by this but, all the lands of Norse mythology, its just so badass!

JIst00

Nov 11, 2009
Kapol said:
JIst00 said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.197081-Your-Favourite-Fantasy-World#6373336
Ah, sorry about that. I used the search function and that didn't come up. >_>

It's interesting to see how many different ones people have. Though it seems 40K seems like it's the most popular one.
Nps, was more adding that to this =P

This being a gamer website, I imagine that 40K would come out on top, The Dawn of War games, and maybe the odd 40K table-top player dotted about too.

As I said there, mine would be the setting of The Tales of the Malazan Fallen by Steven Erikson books, The Severn Kingdoms depicted in G.R.R Martins Song of Ice and Fire books and the dystpoic future in the Takeshi Kovacs books by Richard Morgan.

I really cant recommend Richard Morgans Altered Carbon, Broken Angels and Woken Furies enough, if u like ur future noir, u'll love these.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
The Stargate universe! And Krynn from the DragonLance novels! I love them both... Why must I choose between them!?

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
First place: Warhammer 40,000. It's got so much to it.
Second place: Utopian Rapture. It was utopia until those damn plasmids came around.
Third place: the original Wonderland.
honorable mention: Pokemon. I want a damn Mudkip.
Final Fantasy VII world.
Spira of Final Fantasy X. I don't like the game really, just the place. And Auron.

Slaanax said:
Warhammer 40k, something about everyone being evil in a unique way.
Umm, how are Tau or Tyranids evil? Don't give me that "Tyranids just want to eat everything" bit, that's not evil.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
The world of Pokemon and of Freelancer blow my mind. I also like the F-Zero universe, even from what little of it we actually see in the games.

manicgreenapple

May 19, 2010
Terry Prachett's Discworld.

It's a flat world. On a giant turtle's back. Balanced on four elephants. AND it came from Terry Prachett's mind. Perfect world as far as I can tell.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
I'd have to say Star Wars, because of 3 reasons.

1. I'm a Star Wars UBER-GEEK!
2. No one apparantly cares if you walk around with a gun or a lightsaber hanging off your hip.
3. I want the Force BIATCH!!!

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
The world from One Piece. Why? Because it's all about a man's romance: Adventure!

manicgreenapple

May 19, 2010
Rakkana said:
My child self is forcing me to go with Pokemon.
Your child self is wise.

Apparently in Pokemon land nobody really studies to be anything else than a Pokemon trainer, so that WOULD be awesome.

OT: The Fable universe. Though it would suck to live there if you don't have hero-blood lineage or whatever you call it, since apparently all normal people do there is sell vegetables and be carried off by werewolf things.

Nick Meisenhelter

May 3, 2010
For some reason, I'll have to go with the Plastic World from the Army Men games. I just love blowin' shit up. not to mention, I'm pretty handy with a rifle myself.

Hlain

Sep 26, 2009
Well, I have a fondness for the world in Wheel of Time, mainly because of the awesome physics/magics they use. That, and saldean farmgirls...