What made you join the Escapist?

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I think I was originally linked to Zero Punctuation on this site and so came for that. After a bit I ventured into the forums and have stuck around ever since.

I have no friends at all and im lonely who play games or talk about them outside of friends I play with through Skype. So I like coming to the forums here to talk about games and the industry. This site has one of my favourite forum structures and is one of the few places where people can actually have an in-depth discussion on games. I like the forums and community here which is what made me originally join and what keeps me coming back.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I joined as a user because of the threads. I clicked on one that I liked the question (Theory:The first Final Fantasy game you play becomes your favourite in the series.Agree?Disagree?) and wanted to put my two-pence (tuppence, or however it is spelt) in.)

From there I stuck around for the people; and especially the yearly British Escapism meets (this year London, info can be found here Everyone welcome. We have a range of people of ages from 16-30 odd and of all backgrounds/social circles/introverted/extroverted levels. Seriously, no one has ever been and not made friends or had a good time!

Reaction threads here to see what we get up to.)

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
I came because of things like Doomsday Arcade.
Then I lurked around the forums for a while, often seeing posts I would have liked to reply to, if I had an account.
Eventually, I saw a post I really wanted to reply to. I think.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Yahtzee. I discovered him on episode 3 and and followed him here when the escapist rolled up to his house with a van full of money, was a decent community as well.

I pub clubbed last year due to the Jimquisition Ad Block episode, but cancelled the renewal due to recent changes, think I still have a week or two of it left, though.

Now I'm just hanging out to see where the site goes.

Wakey87

Sep 20, 2011
I'm just here for Zero Punctuation. I have little interest in the forums tbh, I prolly joined because the forum I used to frequent got shut down and i needed to fill that void.