what makes YOU cry manly tears?

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
I knew someone else would post that eventually. Come, let us hug and weep manly tears together.
Man, that fic hits hard. So I agree with your proposition. *sweeps into bear hug and cries on shoulder*

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
....that beginning montage in "Up". That was such a low blow. And, ofcourse Futurama, the episodes "Luck of the Fryish" and "Jurassic Bark".

Best goddam show ever.

Robert Drapp

Dec 21, 2010
I'm in agreance with the Last Samurai, first time I saw Armageddon I wept alittle, and having to put down long-time family pets. I just recently lost one of my Saint Barnards after having her since she was a puppy in highschool (2002-3). Also, mostly any movie where they show a wounded man deciding that in order to save his commrads he must fight with his dying breath to hold them off as long as he can.

greenitedaze

Dec 2, 2010
My cat Duncan, generally it's tears of laughter, often joy, but sometimes just for love.
A feral long-haired cat that I've had since a kitten, mad as a box of frogs.

quantum mechanic

Jul 8, 2009
Ninja'd by the other girls/women :)

But the ending-ish of the first story arc of Naruto
[spoiler/] Sasuke sacrifices himself to save Naruto, and "dies" in his arms; Naruto gets talked into killing Haku (I know neither of those actually end up happening, since Sasuke lives and all that, but it still gets me); Sakura breaks down over Sasuke because a)she loves him and thinks he's dead; b)she feels like she isn't allowed to cry because of the ninja rules; and c)they're all TWELVE; Zabuza has an awesome yet incredibly depressing fight with/getting stabbed by a bunch of thugs; Kakashi and Zabuza's manly/...ninja-ly respect for one another, particularly when Kakashi carries Zabuza over to Haku's body; and Zabuza's whole death scene.

Sorry about the venting, but this more than anything else made me appreciate that for all the silly moments in Naruto, the writers do recognize that this is a pretty dark world for kids to be running around in, and they hammer it home in the team's first real mission. [/spoiler]
did get the tears flowing.

Also, the novel "The Book Thief." I knew it would be depressing going into it because, well, it's WWII Germany. I don't cry very easily, despite the above, but I had a flood of tears going for the last hundred pages. Not very manly, in retrospect, but I challenge you to read it and not cry.

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy makes me cry most of the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcpamvLB2JU

shado_temple

Oct 20, 2010
Schindler's List, especially when

He's realizing that he could've saved more with the things he had on him

and the first 10 minutes of Up. Only Pixar could make you care about an animated couple that quickly.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
..What makes me cry tears? All sorts of things actually, I shall not deny those facts that I am a sensitive being. From losing a loved one, to being left behind.. even where someone's feelings get hurt I become easily sad. But, what gets to me more then anything however.. is entirely something relevant like this for example:

..Gosh this always gets me so good. I loved the Anime and it was very sweet. Until this moment, it always brings me to tears I can't hold in. It even makes me literally appreciate life for what I have, so that's how powerful the moment truly is.
Oh god why did you have to post that /baaaawls

God so many things have made me cry it's not even funny... it's weird because I don't cry at things IRL. When my uncle and grandfather died, it didn't effect me at all.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
Clannad... T~T Just... so much...
Okay, okay, now that the obvious answer is out of the way,
Well, really, I could go on with a giant list of Anime that had their tearful moments, like in Minami-ke, when Kana and Chiaki thought Haruka was going overseas, or in Manabi Straight, when Mika -did- leave for overseas... see, I could go on.

gyllybug

Apr 29, 2011
The Color Purple.
That film makes me a walking water bucket, the entire way through.

Also playing through the Leliana's Song DLC. I always liked Leliana, and it's a credit to Bioware's writing that you can be so immersed in someone's back story that it provokes an emotional response from you.

Other than that, I don't ever really cry (that's my problem, I bottle stuff up and it explodes later) except at some music.

One song being "Solitude" by Evanescence (it was very situational, doesn't bother me any more) and another being "There You'll Be" by Faith Hill. Obvious reasons, if you've heard it.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
The scenes in the film version of Rent prior and after Angel's Death always hit me crazy hard. The song at his funeral is one of, if not THE best in the film.

Memor-X

Oct 3, 2010
Euphie Dying, Shirley Dying, Nunnally Crying because Lelouch wanted to die, all from Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, the first 2 just make me sad but it's the Nunnally one that almost gets me to cry, i hate seeing her sad like that, if i could i would go into C's world and drag Lelouch's sorry ass out and kicking it for doing that to Nunnally,

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
The very end of Les Misérables. During that final scene, and the trio between Fontaine, Eponine, and Valjean. It just makes me.......

newuseforvintage

In Andre the Giant's posse
Sep 6, 2009
The ending of Red Dead Redemption definitely hit home.
And Up. The entire film. I watched it with my partner and the two of us just sat there and cried for an hour and a half.

And I'll admit a little prickle when
Dobby died and Harry insists on using a shovel to bury him

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Logie--bear said:
TOY STORY 3.
I sobbed. Like a little girl.
Me too bro, me too. I watched it at the cinema with my fiancee and sister. I had to bite my lip to prevent myself from making a noise.
Same here. It was so sad! D: