What makes you known on the Escapist?

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
For being an instructor in the arts of manliness to young men desperately in need of such instruction.

For being funny as fuck.

And for being a passionate and tireless defender of singleplayer gaming, simulations, and obscure strategy games.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Hazy said:
I have come to recognize you as an Evangelion fan (i.e. awesome) and the Rei avatar is pretty much a staple.

I was a bit surprised to see you had changed it for a little bit, as the blue one looks so serene. Glad you went back.
Believe it or not, i'm probably not as big of an Eva fan as some would expect. Still, I think its a very awesome show. As for the avatar, I only changed my avatar for about an hour. The one that I used temporarily is now my fancy profile picture. I prefer this one, in any case. :)

Doctor VonSexMachine said:
Having a vagina helps with making pink haired characters. You don't get many dudes making their moe in that game. Unless they use those maid girl mods. *shutter*
Tell me about it. Nobody who I have met who plays Fallout 3 has ever admitted to me that they use those aforementioned add-ons. Not that they would admit something like that to me, anyway. That stuff is so immersion-breaking anyway, so I can't really understand why somebody would want their character to look like that in a post-apocalyptic world.

JPH330

Blogger Person
Jan 31, 2010
The fact that I'm not known.

It's all like, whoa, there's that mysterious guy nobody cares about. It's pretty exciting.

Johanthemonster666

May 25, 2010
I just joined

But I seem to have an annoying habit of carrying on too much(ranting or lecturing), and I'm a comma slice/parentheses Nazi lol

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
The Hell if I know!

Would someone like to tell me?

Edit: If I were known for anything, it'd probably be my love for the Dresden Files and Republic Commando. But I'm probably not known.

Marble Dragon

Mar 11, 2009
Snotnarok said:
I'd be surprised if anyone knew me :|
You look familiar. But maybe that's just me. I couldn't say that I knew you.

Although, I don't really 'know' anyone on this site. Knowing requires some form of conversation, and I don't do that. I just look at what people say. It's not like there are any users I track, either. (Thank goodness.) And if someone asked me to remember what they had said in the last post of theirs I saw, I would draw a complete blank. But I remember people I agree with, I remember people that have been arguing, and I remember avatars. So, I don't know people. I just remember what they look like. It's a little like real life; you can see someone a hundred times, overhear many conversations with friends, but you still wouldn't know them.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
I don't think i'm very well known. Probably because i'm sneaky .... gotta be sneaky Charlie, sneaky.

captainfoss

Apr 21, 2010
In a way, what you asking applies to about everywhere in life. I know this sounds cliche and all that jazz but its really what makes you stand out, what you have to offer to the community.
I've been known for my kindness and energetic posts, and for some people; their known for their border line being banned posts.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Swollen Goat said:
If I am, it's my avatar. Maybe my sense of humor. Mostly the avatar though.
I actually remember your divorce for some really random reason.

...And if my brain has somehow mixed you up with a different escapist, then im going to have to punish it with a night of heavy drinking.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
My disregard for public safety. And I take off my pants everyday while looking someone in the eye. But thats at school.

Here, I make people laughably uncomfortable.

ChaoticLegion

Mar 19, 2009
I've been a member now for a year and 2 months... I come on here most days and browse the forums, however I'm not very well known because I only often post to a thread when it realy interests me or when I have something i consider important to say. So my lack of posting is probably my downfall.

Xelt

May 11, 2008
I don't think i'm very well known really, I always seem to be post in the threads to do with World Of Warcraft thoguh, so maybe that?