What 'mindless' games do you enjoy playing?

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
qwop or globetrotter xl for online games of mindlessness

plants v zombies is also pretty mindless ... rockband ... you know when you get in a groove and then suddenly you look away and you have highway vision? ... yeah that's pretty mindless right?

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Grand Theft Auto but without completing missions.

Total Overdose. Even playing the campaign is mindless.

Algodoo. Making a full auto submachine gun was pretty much the opposite from mindless, but spawning water in front of the muzzle and watch the bullet tumble at high speeds and create a huge cavity on the fluid is priceless.

Wings Over Europe. Spawn some MiGs and take on a huge dogfight with a F-14 with all the realism options on "medium" or "low" is darn fun. Then use my radar to spot some squads 50 miles away - but no AIM-26 Falcon left! Must chase then all the way into Eastern Germany and gun them down.

thatguy1

Mar 1, 2010
Driver San Francisco. Saving the city by crashing random people's cars using their body without them realizing it.

Jaloopa

Jul 7, 2011
They've both been said but Saint's Row 2 and Dynasty Warriors are both great for knockabout fun. I also find Oblivion good for dropping in and out of.

Bermuda Cake

Jul 29, 2011
Super Crate Box is a great fun and free to download, mowing through enemies and constantly changing gameplay with switching weapons.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Racecarlock said:
Saints Row 2 and Just Cause 2. Nothing like crazy stunts, chaos causing, car stealing, and blowing shit up for a good rush of mindless fun.
^This. Also Prototype. Nothing beats climbing on top of the tallest building in the vicinity, only to jump off and do a bullet drop in the middle of a car pile up below. There's something ridiculously satisfying about the sight of 5+ cars just flying off away from the centre of your impact.

Not that I'm knocking the fact you can chuck cars at helicopters mind you. No siree.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
God of War 2 or Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland. God of War 2's new game plus is great for just jumping on and plowing through like half the game in just 2 hours, and since Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland is a remake of Kirby's Adventure for the NES I already know the game like the back of my hand and can beat the whole thing in under an hour.

Ursinedriver

Nov 30, 2010
I'm suprised noone's said Katamari Damacy. It's the only game that gives you a contact high just from playing it.

Kanlic

Jul 29, 2009
SpaceBat said:
Vanquish.
Sure the voice acting sucks, the story is weak and the characters are one-dimensional, but there's just something so fun about avoiding a million rockets being shot at you and then sliding towards a gigantic death machine at high speed, while barely avoiding thousands of bullets, a huge ray of death shot towards you, several melee robots, only to jump forward in slo-mo, blasting everything to bits with your assault rifle, rocket-launcher and tons of other weapons and finally just beating the shit out of the last robot with your bare fists.

And then, take off the helmet, stand in the middle of dozens of malfunctioning robots and smoke a cigarette. Like a boss.
Couldn't have said it better. Definitely one of the hidden gems of the year

ScrubberDucky

Feb 17, 2011
Hearse Curtain Pe--ehh, First Person Shooters are my popcorn games of choice. They're like action movies are to most people. Nothing terribly deep or interesting in them unless you find a gem, just another way to kill time.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
Fidelias said:
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3.
I admit it. I am utterly dumbfounded I was ninja'd.

I love the DW Gundam games, all the characters from my childhood pastimes beating the ever-loving shit out of each other? I'm either playing Marvel vs Capcom 3 or Dynasty Warriors Gundam.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Bejeweled, Shatter, PixelJunk Monsters, Tetris, PA:OTRSPOD ep. 1 and 2, Peggle, Mushroom Wars, Critter Crunch, Flower, (now onto my Steam library instead of just the PS3 library though some of them correspond to both) and Puzzle Quest 2

Spectral Dragon

Jun 14, 2011
[Gavo said:
]Just Cause 2.

Just cause you can blow everything up.
This is the best reason for JC2. Oh, and whoever came up with that grappling hook is a bloody genius!
Of course, also TF2 and Left 4 Dead 2. Point, click, dead.

LoorTheDarkElf

Jun 22, 2008
Doom. Old school Doom on my cruddy old PC. That or some Turn-based RPG where there's no penalty for me dozing off in the middle of a battle.