What Modern Warfare 2 boycotters are playing

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Glademaster said:
Kalezian said:
Glademaster said:
Zefar said:
You know what's more fail?

There are only around 50 people playing it on that list. There are a total of 874 members in that group. People don't know how to leave it.

Boycott petition was up in 200 000 signatures. And MP only gets up to 60 000 players.

Boycott didn't fail at all.
Well basically this

MatParker116 said:

how funny is this?
Also how many of those copies are legit and where is the discussion in this thread?
its a steam group, yea?

then they have to be legit or they get banned.

question answered.
You failed to answer the question which was where was the discussion and no they do not have to be legit copies that is why there are cracks for games.
You don't understand, you this is a screenshot from steam, you have to OWN the game on STEAM to have your status displayed there. You can't crack the game and use steam you get banned for that stuff. Plus why would you use steam to play the cracked copy of a game?

Joeshie

Oct 9, 2007
Snotnarok said:
Glademaster said:
Kalezian said:
Glademaster said:
Zefar said:

There are only around 50 people playing it on that list. There are a total of 874 members in that group. People don't know how to leave it.

Boycott petition was up in 200 000 signatures. And MP only gets up to 60 000 players.

Well basically this

MatParker116 said:

how funny is this?
Also how many of those copies are legit and where is the discussion in this thread?
its a steam group, yea?

question answered.
You failed to answer the question which was where was the discussion and no they do not have to be legit copies that is why there are cracks for games.
You don't understand, you this is a screenshot from steam, you have to OWN the game on STEAM to have your status displayed there. You can't crack the game and use steam you get banned for that stuff. Plus why would you use steam to play the cracked copy of a game?
Not really. You can display status's for games you don't own on Steam as well.

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
Well i never signed any petitions but I am boycotting and decided to take advantage of the steam weekend deal and buy Crysis Warhead instead. Yay spending 15 bucks on an awesome game instead of 60 on a mediocre game!

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Joeshie said:
Snotnarok said:
Glademaster said:
Kalezian said:
Glademaster said:
Zefar said:

Well basically this

MatParker116 said:

how funny is this?
its a steam group, yea?

question answered.
Not really. You can display status's for games you don't own on Steam as well.
Yes but then it says

Snotnarok
In Non-steam Game
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Snotnarok said:
You don't understand, you this is a screenshot from steam, you have to OWN the game on STEAM to have your status displayed there. You can't crack the game and use steam you get banned for that stuff. Plus why would you use steam to play the cracked copy of a game?[/quote]

There is a line of code in the Steam Source files that will unlock the entire Steam catalog. I knew a guy who created a new Steam account just so he could play HL2: Episode 2.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
sheic99 said:
Snotnarok said:
There is a line of code in the Steam Source files that will unlock the entire Steam catalog. I knew a guy who created a new Steam account just so he could play HL2: Episode 2.[/quote]

I heard about that but I thought they fixed it haha. Oh well. Who knows anymore honestly, though the screenshot is still very funny.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I'm a boycotter and I'm not playing it.
I'll stick to Team Fortress 2 and Counterstrike.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Considering hundreds of thousads of people boycotted it, a few playing it is envitable

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Zefar said:
well, actually... I recon it failed the minute it became the fastest first-day sales game in history, and Activision/IW began making a pool made of money...

boycott was meant to hurt their profits and thus encourage them to bring back dedicated servers... and it failed in both those aspects :p

OT: haha, thats really funny XD

However, please try and put a longer description on the thread... like "hey guys, check out what I found, I think its so ironic! what does everyone else think?" or something.

Bobbovski

May 19, 2008
Simalacrum said:
Zefar said:
well, actually... I recon it failed the minute it became the fastest first-day sales game in history, and Activision/IW began making a pool made of money...

boycott was meant to hurt their profits and thus encourage them to bring back dedicated servers... and it failed in both those aspects :p

OT: haha, thats really funny XD

However, please try and put a longer description on the thread... like "hey guys, check out what I found, I think its so ironic! what does everyone else think?" or something.
I did hurt their profits... just not enough to make them bring the dedicated servers. But it was still a victory since we didn't give them our money. The only ones that lost were the ones that didn't want to lose the dedicated servers but ended up buying the game anyway because they have a weak will.

Jun 11, 2008
Snotnarok said:
Glademaster said:
Kalezian said:
Glademaster said:
Zefar said:

Well basically this

MatParker116 said:

how funny is this?
its a steam group, yea?

question answered.
Why to play multiplayer and I do understand it is just that I know there is stuff for that on the internet you can nearly anything on the interent if you put in effort to look.

Jun 11, 2008
JeanLuc761 said:
Glademaster said:
There is no crack out there that allows you to play illegitimate games on Steam (that I know of anyway).
I remember seeing one on a torrent site ages ago but it was longish ago so it might be unuseable now.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
That is so fail and so funny. Atleast when I boycott a game I actually boycott it.

I feel kind of alone not owning MW2 though.