What Movie/Game Secretly Made You Cry ?

Airbear101

Jun 14, 2009
I'm serious, there has to be one movie or game out there that made you tear up...

I'll start, when i was like 6 or 7, i cried during:

Airbud-when he makes Bud run away :(

Man up and let's see what you got!

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Movie-Wall-E. Any part where he's alone or sad.

Game-Seeing Snake as an old man in MGS4.

Both were very sad and both made me tear up. :"(

InsanityManifest

Nov 14, 2007
Spike's death in Cowboy Bebop. I didn't just cry, I bawled. I had followed the series since the first episode and for it to end like that, with that incredibly sad yet fitting song...

It was like watching your friend on his deathbed whispering, "the ride was fun but it's over now, and what a ride it was."

I was 16.

**Tears up thinking about it**

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
Advent children when Cloud had that epic fight and saved the world (or any epic world saving fight) Lucky bastards I wanna fight to save the world too =(

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
I had to hide my face a little bit in the beginning of UP, granted I was only tearing up, not crying. [i/]Big Fish[/i] on the other hand, I was crying and I didn't even feel the need to hide it because even the manly people of the room "had to go to the bathroom because they had something in their eye".

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
I don't know about any of you guys, but I almost started to cry when Sora unlocked his heart to free Kairi's in Kingdom Hearts.

It only made it even more sad when she tried to catch him as he was falling, only for him to vanish before she could get to him.

THEMANWHOIS

Mar 12, 2009
When I was little, this movie called Little Nemo scared me and made me cry the first few times I watched it.

Gadzooks

Jun 15, 2009
Bambi is the only one.

Why are childrens movies so lame nowadays? That movie was deep and disturbing, but moving, and my little child mind couldn't take Bambi's mother dying.

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
The Notebook, for a movie. Not because I specifically liked the story that much, but because I am/was in a situation that's roughly the same. The Bourne trilogy also made me cry at one point, due to the same reason as with The Notebook. Also, the "making of"s from the LOTR extended edition discs have also been known to have the same effect on me, because they display so well how fucking brilliant that movie and the people behind it are.

I don't think I have any games that made me cry, though.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I don't particularly make a point of trying to hide my crying at movies and games. Here are some examples:
- During Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind I started to cry at several points of the movie. Actually... I've cried at a lot of Miyazaki's work.
- After seeing the "true ending" of Chrono Cross I almost cried and then the "Radical Dreamers" end theme really did it for me.
- Forest Gump
In fact, just by the virtue of posting in this thread all those things you "secretly" cried at aren't really that secret.
On the Miyazaki note, I even cried of happiness and laughter during My Neighbor Totoro.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Toy story 2. Shhh! Don't tell anyone.
Also, the book Where the Red Ferns Grow has the saddest ending ever. It made me cry.

The_Valcanon_Effect

Mar 15, 2009
Most recent movie: Up. The first 15 minutes are enough to make me love a character and feel sorry for him.

Most recent game: When Carmine dies in Gears 2. I know it's kind of sad, but I liked Carmine...

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Secretly? Can't think of many times I've gone out of my way to hide such things...though admittedly I don't advertise, either. >_>

Movie - Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Seven words.

"My friends...you bow to no one."
Game - Pick a moment from Tsukihime or Fate/Stay Night.

"---It hurts, right? I can actually terminate you without making you feel pain, but I'm hurting you like this on purpose.
?? Unless I enjoy this, we won't be able to call it even for all the time I had to spend with you until now.

See, don't you hate me, Tohno-kun?
So please hate me??! Tell me I betrayed you. Tell me it would have been better if you never trusted me.

If you don't---I won't be able to kill you??!"
And because this thread might get too gloomy, I should mention I also cried at Kohaku's True Ending.

Seriously, the game blindsided me by giving a happy ending to the one girl who really deserved it most.