What movie, tv show ect. always makes you cry?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Recently it was this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrFADyDEaNc (It is part of episode 5 of Shinryaku! Ika Musume, an anime show) I warn you, do not watch at your own risk! Not only does this make you cry but before you cry it is extremely cute. Combine these two together can do a lot of damage to you I swear! I can only stress how sad it is (it is similar to the intro bit to Pixar UP). On the bright side to that link, it was only a fantasy meaning it's not real.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Just about everything, my emotional state gets played like 'Wanna be Sedated' on easy mode.

Shawshank Redemption, for sure, start to finish, but even dumb stuff like the opening of Watchmen, because the first few minutes just felt so right, and I'd invested hope in it working and it had. (Yeah, some people didn't like it, and I thought the love scene was kinda badly done, but hell, it all worked more than it didn't, imo)

Pilot episode of 'The Walking Dead' even got me, you can tell it's going to be excellent.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
The beginning to The Two Towers with Gandalf and the Balrog fighting and eventually the conclusion where they appear as small spark falling into the massive underground lake. The orchestral music and the choir really give it that emotional pull.

Treebeard's rant at Saruman and declaration of war at the end gets an honorable mention.

"My business is with Isengard tonight, with rock and stone.
[Ents emerge from the woods, following Treebeard]
Hroom, hm, come, my friends. The Ents are going to war. It is likely that we go to our doom. The last march of the Ents."

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
TeeBs said:
The Simpsons - Mother Simpson
This one scrubs episode which I don't remember the name of
The one where JD see's the future? With his and Turk's kid and Dr. Cox comes over for Christmas?

That makes me dawwww.

Also, Bridge to Terabithia, the book not the movie.

And: Never Went to Church by The Streets

And: Caught in the Crowd by Kate Miller-Heidke

Will edit in music video's from their respective youtube channels when I get a chance.

Mister Eff

Apr 11, 2009
"There's no such place as Mouseville."

That one scene in the Green Mile tears me up no end.

Jan 29, 2009
Kajt said:
Futurama. Jurassic Bark. Caught me completely off guard.
Dango said:
Clannad and Clannad After Story. The most touching anime ever. You will absolutely cry by the end.
I second this. Also, Kanon.
I do remember that "It requires the power of Mother Nature Herself!
*lightning strikes*
HOT MAGMA!!!"

Anyways, I'd go for
Toy Story 3,
Up,
and Wall-E.

Pixar's on a roll...

ImpostorZim

Jan 7, 2009
PunkRex said:
The Super Natural episode were the racist, phantom truck (you did read that right) kills the people who were involved with his murder. When the old women starts to tell the story of how it all went down and what happened to the church... yeah old people crying always gets me. Seriously just watch the scene, its done so well.

Oh and anything where the animal dies.

The only film that has ever made me actually have to step outside the scene was I am Legend when Will Smith has to strangle his dog. Not only is Will Smith so likable, I love animals and she was all he had...
Will Smith is just great. The guy can really transmit emotions with simple gestures and facial expresions. One of the movies that most definitely make me cry is The Pursuit of Happyness. If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you do. Not because it's sad, but because it's a good film. :)

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Most of the things that makes me cry has already been brought up...

But something that hasnt been mentioned.

Near the end of Shindler's List. Get's me everytime.

"The car...4 more people"
"I've could have gotten more."

May not be accurate quotes.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
PunkRex said:
The only film that has ever made me actually have to step outside the scene was I am Legend when Will Smith has to
strangle his dog.
Not only is Will Smith so likable, I love animals and she was all he had...
Spoiler'd just to be safe.

That part got me too though, as did Toy Story 3, and that one Coast Guard movie with Kevin Costner.

Darkgoosey666

Jul 18, 2010
films- saving private ryan makes me sad, but no tears. Toy story 3, no explanation needed. Also click had me crying, which is rare.

tv- the last episode of friends made me depressed as hell, the futurama episode 'Jurassic bark' also.

3lva

Jul 1, 2010
The charge of the Rohirrim on the Pelennor Plains in LOTR:TROTK. I cry, laugh and shiver everytime I watch it. It is majestic beyond better description.

I remember crying several times during Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It felt like an era, an awesome era of fantasy had just... ended. So abruptly. It was (forgive the comparison)
the end of a time of magic. I felt that the more naive part of me fell away.

Toy Story 3. The sheer terror I felt during som of the riskier escape scenes, the nostalgic love when I was reminded of some small fact from the other two movies that had just slipped my mind for 12 years... When the movie ended, the entire theatre, everyone there, simply sat for a minute or two. No applause during the beginning of the credits, no quick leaving before anyone saw the popcorn-mess they'd left, nothing. Once the moment was over, I for the first time experienced talking to people I didn't know in a movie theatre, and we all agreed on the same thing: our childhoods could now, without any regret from us, end.

(Sorry about ranting a bit, had to get it off my chest.)

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
The Lion King when Mufasa dies and after Scar and Simbas fight when all the other animals bow down to Simba, that's pretty fucking beautiful.

The Fox and The Hound, the part when the old lady puts Todd back in the forest.

The Jurassic Bark episode of Futurama, the ending was very sad when Frys dog is waiting for him outside the pizza place.

Every Toy Story has a scene where I cry.

Lilo and Stitch, toward the end when Stitch wants to stay with Lilo.

Monsters Inc, the scene where Mike shows Sully Boo's reconstructed door.

And many more. Yes I am a weenie and I fully embrace it.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I rarely cry during films, with the exception of the Lion King.

However, as for other forms of media, Clannad and Clannad after story made me blubber like a baby.

Also there was one specific moment in One Piece, that brought a tear to my eye.

The scene when they burnt Merry, the music in the background made things even more sad. All the time I was thinking. "It's just a ship, why am I having feelings for the loss of this ship, but still, I cried."