What music do you want played at your funeral?

ribonuge

Dec 7, 2009
Aerodynamic said:
Continuum said:
May I say that I love you're taste?
Hey thanks! The second song is just dribbling with irony and subtle madness. Ah irony, what can't you do?

Aenir

Mar 26, 2009
Still Alive, The Final Countdown, Never Gonna Give You Up, Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life, maybe Moonlight Sonata?

That's off the top of my head after reading most of the thread.

Oh and Let It Be.

Of course this could change over the next several decades so it is rather moot, unless you're planning on being hit by a truck tomorrow.

Edit: Someone mentioned the Imperial March. Yes. I want it played as everyone comes in. Over and over.

Tommy_Dizzle

Apr 7, 2008
halfway through the ceremony, someone should mention how i never gave anything up, never let anyone down, and then press play on the DVD player.

Rancid0ffspring

Aug 23, 2009
To make a point? I Hate People by the Anti-Nowhere League

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4ewhrWW8cc

Realistically/respectfully I've always been fond of Amazing Grace. Sung by a woman of course. If sung right it is such a beautiful song

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
I've thought about this before, actually. My choice used to be Finntroll's Svart Djup [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rCItI__EGU] (a song of an album dedicated to their dead ex-bandmember, iirc - Svart Djup means Black Depths), but it has changed and lifted to this wonderfully brilliant song by Ayreon;

[youtube]nq4ewaUKFXk[/youtube]

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
WanderFreak said:
Myself, I would play this.

This made me laugh out loud. It's rare that such a thing occurs, and as such, I thank you.

Personally, I'd pick David Bowie's Under Pressure. That way, after the speeches, everyone would hear the tones in the beginning and think, the one Vanilla Ice song that's a pleasure to listen to? There seems to be a light at the end of this tunnel!

Then they'd hear the piano keys after the tones and weep in disappointment.

Jul 27, 2009
My Last Serenade by Killswitch Engage both because it is obviously my last serenade b/c i am now dead, as well as being one of the few songs i know that is pretty hardcore but calming at the same time...or if i wanted to just be fucked up and morbid, pretty much anything by Whitechapel