What? No Catherine Rage?

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Seriously? Nothing? Nothing from Fox News, nothing from the hardcore right-wingers, nothing from the Bible-thumping Christians?

Maybe I'm just living under a rock and this actually has happened, or maybe it's because of that whole Debt Bill thing eating up all the news time, but seriously? Come on. There HAS to be someone raging about Catherine somewhere, right?

CiferForLiberty

Jul 16, 2011
Apparently no one really cared. I think it might be because the game didn't get much publicity, or maybe I just haven't seen much for it.
Another reason might be because it's a Japanese game and it's the stereotype for those kinds of games.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
They are pre-occupied with trying to make Bachman not seem like a nutcase. Or to make her seem like one. I forget when it comes to conservatives. They attack games more when they're bored.

Esper Empress

May 10, 2011
There's nothing wrong with Catherine getting bad publicity. In fact, I enjoy that it's not getting bad attention. That game is really good, and there are games much worse on nudity and sexual references than Catherine.

Odegauger

Apr 7, 2010
People generally don't make too much of a fuss over Japanese things, except in cases where something goes way over the line like Rapelay. Not only do they not get much exposure, the general attitude about it is "Oh those silly Nips, whaddaya gonna do?"

Addendum: And far be it from me to defend the American Right, but come on, give them a bit of credit. There are probably plenty of soccer-moms getting all mad that that smut is in the same place there they want to buy Bible Playtime 3 for their kids, but it's not like they're so fucking sensitive that they'll make a huge spectacle over it.

ProfessorEkim

Jul 23, 2011
From what I see, those guys live under mountains when it comes to gaming.

Medal of Honor lets you play as the Taliban in multiplayer and Fox news got pissed, but every other game I think has done that.... so it seems only to be popular games.

Hell, I saw a Baptist church forum post about how evil Minecraft is! (but I'm pretty sure that whole website is a huge joint trolling operation)

Seieko Pherdo

May 7, 2011
I suppose the mass murders by people who have touched first person shooter games garner more attention, after all I'm sure you've never heard of a lethal pillow fight.

Odegauger

Apr 7, 2010
ProfessorEkim said:
From what I see, those guys live under mountains when it comes to gaming.

Medal of Honor lets you play as the Taliban in multiplayer and Fox news got pissed, but every other game I think has done that.... so it seems only to be popular games.

Hell, I saw a Baptist church forum post about how evil Minecraft is! (but I'm pretty sure that whole website is a huge joint trolling operation)
I know what you're talking about, and it totally is.

Araxiel_1911

Jun 30, 2011
Wait, let me get this straight:

You are dissapointed that there are no people, that have not a single clue about video games, are talking bad of video games on national TV?

What the fuck is wrong with you?!

FuktLogik

Jan 6, 2010
DanDeFool said:
...There HAS to be someone raging about Catherine somewhere, right?
I'm not raging, just puzzled as to what anyone sees in this game. I personally think it was shit. Not THE shit, just shit.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Catherine isn't straightforward enough. Can you imagine, at all, the latest selection of Fox News "Experts" attempting to explain Catherine to a wide audience?

Blank stares ensue.

Scythas

May 19, 2009
Araxiel_1911 said:

You are dissapointed that there are no people, that have not a single clue about video games, are talking bad of video games on national TV?

I believe the OP's point was that he was incredulous that nobody was raising hell of Catherine, not disappointed.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
There was no controversy about the evokers in Persona 3 (or literally anything in Nocturne or DDS) so it's not too surprising they haven't picked up on this game. Although.. it does seem a more likely candidate for a fuss than their other games if only due to the ads and box art.

Still, it's Atlus. They slip under the radar.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
DanDeFool said:
Seriously? Nothing? Nothing from Fox News, nothing from the hardcore right-wingers, nothing from the Bible-thumping Christians?

Maybe I'm just living under a rock and this actually has happened, or maybe it's because of that whole Debt Bill thing eating up all the news time, but seriously? Come on. There HAS to be someone raging about Catherine somewhere, right?
Jack sez Atlus is just THAT GOOD.

Araxiel_1911

Jun 30, 2011
Blore said:
Araxiel_1911 said:

Some people just looooove to argue.
I woudln't have a problem with that reportage about it. But the problem is, there's no discussion. Not even argueng. Fox & Friends say how evil video games are, how they corrupt our youth and poisen our well, and that's it. No arguing.
So I don't even see the point of that.