What? No Catherine Rage?

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
Odegauger said:
ProfessorEkim said:
From what I see, those guys live under mountains when it comes to gaming.

Medal of Honor lets you play as the Taliban in multiplayer and Fox news got pissed, but every other game I think has done that.... so it seems only to be popular games.

Hell, I saw a Baptist church forum post about how evil Minecraft is! (but I'm pretty sure that whole website is a huge joint trolling operation)
I know what you're talking about, and it totally is.
please direct me to this. I need something to laugh my ass of about.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
hemlocksoames said:
Or you could admit that some of us far right Christian folk actually love the games Atlus makes. I'm sure a lot of things will make more sense after that.
I think we're few and far between.

OT: I've no real interest in Catherine. I don't like puzzles, platformers, horror, or erotica in video games.

Odegauger

Apr 7, 2010
Epicspoon said:
Odegauger said:
ProfessorEkim said:

Medal of Honor lets you play as the Taliban in multiplayer and Fox news got pissed, but every other game I think has done that.... so it seems only to be popular games.

Hell, I saw a Baptist church forum post about how evil Minecraft is! (but I'm pretty sure that whole website is a huge joint trolling operation)
It was a screencap in a thread that got closed a couple months ago, on a different forum. Either way, it wasn't very funny.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Ummmm. Why?
Because it's Japanese? because it's different? because it's violent? They can't complain about the endings since no one who makes these controversies ever plays the game to the end.
As Yahtzee said, "If you find the Japanese offensive, you'll find this game offensively Japanese"
If the game wasn't selling well, I would invite controversy to boost sales but it's selling great.
Controversy is never something you should hope for but I was hoping for fox news to jump on the Alien Rape Hive in Duke Nukem Forever just so gamers would reply, "yeah, the game sucks, we agree, tear it a new one"

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
The whole Shin Megami Tensei franchise is packed to the brim with things that have the potential to bring the controversy pot to combustion; and yet, every game has just flown right under the radar in North America. It really shouldn't come as a surprise that Catherine would follow suit (albeit it's not a SMT game. Same developers though).

It's half because Atlus just isn't that popular in North America (but enough to be profitable I guess), and half because... Well... I swear, I have NEVER seen an ad for anything made by Atlus on TV or anywhere other than gaming websites.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Kahunaburger said:
It's not mainstream enough. See also: Witcher, Witcher 2.
Pretty much this. I mean Portal 2 got a thing for making fun of adopted people, so I've a hard time believing that the newsies care about anything that isn't a triple a title that is going to sell a billion copies.

I guess we might see something for The Witcher 2 once it hits xbox.

ProfessorEkim

Jul 23, 2011
Epicspoon said:
Odegauger said:
ProfessorEkim said:

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=51266

Someone else showed me it, and I bookmarked it to show others for shits and giggles, here.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
It's not mainstream enough to garner attention on that level.

It's the same reason why the media rails against Grand Theft Auto, but not the Saint's Row series (though they just might when SR3 comes out due to the increased interest and its over-the-top approach).

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Xzi said:
They only cover shit that's popular AND somehow offends. IE GTA or CoD. Catherine was kinda a niche thing despite fairly good sales.
What about RapeLay? That game was totally unknown but ended up making a bigger controversy than GTA or CoD combined, and even above Mass Effect.

OP makes a fair point. Why ISN'T Fox all up on this? Have they grown the hell up? Or is there something else at play?

IDTheftVictim

Jan 20, 2011
We already know FOX doesn't research anything, how would they learn about Catherine

Edit: It could also be that Catherine is open about it's subject matter, while other games hide it(as in its not on the cover). What will they expose about Catherine that makes thier audience think that they are trying to covertly corrupt people?

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Cuz there like 'dudes check out this is underage sex appeal and encourages adultery' [im using Fox news logic]

'nah guys its made by Atlus its TOO AWESOME'

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Araxiel_1911 said:
Wait, let me get this straight:

You are dissapointed that there are no people, that have not a single clue about video games, are talking bad of video games on national TV?

What the fuck is wrong with you?!
its the fact that it will get more sales if it gets controversey. its the married with children strategy

Zandarck

Jul 13, 2011
ProfessorEkim said:
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=51266

Someone else showed me it, and I bookmarked it to show others for shits and giggles, here.
You seen this person's tabs? Far most left one.
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/attachment.php?s=6783632bdb0cd02cf9f5e822fddb7fbc&attachmentid=13825&stc=1&d=1286141784

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Saelune said:
They are pre-occupied with trying to make Bachman not seem like a nutcase. Or to make her seem like one. I forget when it comes to conservatives. They attack games more when they're bored.
No, you're confused. They're just busy nutting to Bachman. Y'know, since she doesn't look like Margaret Thatcher and therefore is every bit as smokin' hot as Ellen Page or that lovely Adam's Apple-sportin' Ann Coulter. This gives them something to nut too other than Limbaugh's and O'Reilly's thoughts on women and minorities so they don't start to suspect that they may be bisexual, which of course in their minds is the worst thing that could ever happen in the history of everything.

OP: It's Japanese, and unless I've just missed it, it hasn't been advertised on TV a whole lot. Remember, the so-called religious right don't watch Community and listen to the Pixies. They don't exactly have their collective finger on the pulse.