What novel should they make into a game?

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
What novel or short story would you like to see as a video game?

My vote goes for Watership Down. "All I wanted was a nice game about bunnies," I can here children cry.

(I know everyone is going to say HP Lovecraft books already)

Wierdguy

Feb 16, 2011
They should make a game set in the Twilight universe and let you play as a vampire hunter... Id play the shit out of that.

G-M0N3Y

Jul 8, 2010
A game set in the Discworld universe by Terry Pratchett or the Xanth universe by Piers Anthony would be awesome in my opinion. Both are quite expansive worlds with plenty of opportunities for interesting gameplay. The satirical nature of either series would lend it's self well to a Fable like game.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
They should make a game out this awesome short novel I read called God of war! I think it would make a great game! oh wait...

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Sober Thal said:
bdcjacko said:
What novel or short story would you like to see as a video game?

My vote goes for Watership Down. "All I wanted was a nice game about bunnies," I can here children cry.
Can you play as the dog at the end???

I don't know of any that would work, nor of any previous ones that were good.
Sure? It has been forever since I read the book, I don't know what is what. I just know it is cute bunnies being horrible.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Wierdguy said:
They should make a game set in the Twilight universe and let you play as a vampire hunter... Id play the shit out of that.
All boss fights to be done in the presence of Bella. CRY, *****! CRY! /jk

OT: I'd really like to see one set in the Midkemia universe by Raymond E Feist, but it's a case of too much to choose from.

Other than that: Gaunt's Ghosts... obviously.

TheSuperiorXemnas

May 18, 2010
I would like to see Eragon turned into a game. Not the movie version (Spare me the movie version), but one that actually looks like someone read the whole book and didn't just look at sparknotes.

jcox2820

May 3, 2011
Dune would make a cool MMO. You could use the setting to create complex, philosophically charged quests and quest lines. That'd be pretty awesome.

You could make a good version of Alpha Protocol out of that series of novels about Eugencis wars in Star Trek.

David Webber's universe is a great setting for all kinds of stuff.

A really, really awesome RTS could be made about Thrawn's life as told in Timothy Zahn's books. It would be multi-factioned, story driven, and actually cast the player as a real character, unlike most RTS's.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I love the Elric of Melniboné stories, although between Devil May Cry and God of War, a guy stealing souls from the enemies he slays has pretty much been done.

How about the Casca the Eternal Mercenary books? Play as a soldier in different times and cultures over the last 2000 years. It'd be like Assassin's Creed but less stealth and more slashing.

SckizoBoy said:
OT: I'd really like to see one set in the Midkemia universe by Raymond E Feist, but it's a case of too much to choose from.
get it at GOG [https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Betrayal_at_Krondor]. Feist later novelized it as Krondor: The Betrayal.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
Fucking Dune. Its been done, but not well. I can totally either see a Total War set in the Dune universe (!!!) or a adventure/RPG game. Sword fights, politics, space travel, survival, sword fights, assassins, witches, laser guns, and sword fights? Hell yes.

Phlakes said:
A Mass Effect-like Dune game would be amazing.
Exactly. Let's get on this, man. The two of us can do it.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
Eric Huntinton said:
green eggs and ham obviously
How about a text adventure?

What will you do?
>Eat green eggs and ham
You can't eat ye green eggs and ham!

And then you're left wondering why you can't eat ye green eggs and ham.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Falseprophet said:
SckizoBoy said:
get it at GOG [https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Betrayal_at_Krondor]. Feist later novelized it as Krondor: The Betrayal.
Oooooooooooh... I wondered why the 'Riftwar Legacy' trilogy read like RPG's... now I know. Hmmm, I'll look into that. Thankee kindly.

HerrBobo

Jun 3, 2008
Metro 2033, oh wait.

That has to be the best novel to game conversion thus far.

Word has it they are making Metro 2034 into a game too.

KanHanderan

Jun 2, 2011
Gaunt's Ghosts would be cool, but what I'd most like to see is a Pre-Heresy game-The Horus Rising trilogy and Flight of the Eisenstein provide a lot of material to pull from.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Many books would be great. OP they already did a Cthulu game.
Mine would either be a Robert B. Parker LA NOIRE type of thing or an adventure Elizibeth Peters kind of thing.