What novel should they make into a game?

Zenron

The Laughing Shadow
May 11, 2010
The Night Angel trilogy would make an awesome adaptation. There are a lot of things which would translate really well into games, considering most of the story is made up of action and features badass assassin's with magic.

Wierdguy said:
They should make a game set in the Twilight universe and let you play as a vampire hunter... Id play the shit out of that.
You win... that would be a great game.

G-M0N3Y

Jul 8, 2010
Shoggoth2588 said:
G-M0N3Y said:
A game set in the Discworld universe by Terry Pratchett or ...
I remember pitching a game on a similar thread a couple months ago. A Discworld MMO wherein you chose who you want to be, where you want to be from, what you want to do. Thieve's Guild, Assassin's Guild, Musician's Guild, Unseen University, simple life up in the Ramtops, simpler life down on the Djel or maybe you just want to do some PVP in the Mended Drum. Just remember to keep your coin purse tightly sealed around C.M.O.T. Dibbler. Maybe The Shades would serve as a larger PVP arena...

As for something different...I am tempted to mention the Darth Bane trilogy but I fear what it would become.
That sounds quite awesome. My idea was more of a Monkey Island, meets Fable, meets Trine based around Rincewind and some of his companions.

I would also hesitantly agree with the Darth Bane idea though I certainly fear what Lucas would do with it.

munsterman

Nov 22, 2009
Either Codex Alera or Dresden Files.

Can you tell I like Jim Butcher?

Either one of those world has enough crazy over the top badassery to carry a single game.

Alera for those who like pokemon, romans, and low-ish fantasy.

Dresden for those who like stealth, investigation, and urban fantasy.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
Ninja'd by both
Redlin5 said:
Ender's Game would be awesome.
Currently reading through Xenocide, the third in the series (read the first many years ago), and holy shit yes. So many different aspects of his training would work as play elements. The zero gravity gun game in Battle School, all the way up to commanding the fleets in the end of the Formic War.
SckizoBoy said:
OT: I'd really like to see one set in the Midkemia universe by Raymond E Feist, but it's a case of too much to choose from.
Playing as Pug or Tomas (which would be a bit over the top, I guess) would be sweet. Such a rich area for gameplay.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I have just read "The strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" for the 10th time. I think that would make a pretty cool game, if done properly.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
G-M0N3Y said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
G-M0N3Y said:
A game set in the Discworld universe by Terry Pratchett or ...
I remember pitching a game on a similar thread a couple months ago. A Discworld MMO wherein you chose who you want to be, where you want to be from, what you want to do. Thieve's Guild, Assassin's Guild, Musician's Guild, Unseen University, simple life up in the Ramtops, simpler life down on the Djel or maybe you just want to do some PVP in the Mended Drum. Just remember to keep your coin purse tightly sealed around C.M.O.T. Dibbler. Maybe The Shades would serve as a larger PVP arena...

As for something different...I am tempted to mention the Darth Bane trilogy but I fear what it would become.
That sounds quite awesome. My idea was more of a Monkey Island, meets Fable, meets Trine based around Rincewind and some of his companions.

I would also hesitantly agree with the Darth Bane idea though I certainly fear what Lucas would do with it.
Well LucasArts made Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, a Jango Fett game. And that was actually pretty damn cool. While Lucas may be a cockmouth, LucasArts has been a pretty decent game company (depending on your view of Force Unleashed, I guess.)

FaustianBargain

Jan 18, 2011
I'd love to see a Sim City-esque game set in the Culture universe. Where the player is the mind in control of a GSV or Orbital and you get to do whatever you flippin' want with your world and people will still live there.

Archipelago of floating mountains only traverseable by birdsuits? Sure, and I would still have room for the continent devoted to lava rafting.

Jenneh

Jan 27, 2011
I think the hunger games series would actually be pretty cool. As a survival game that isnt rly horror and you have to win the games and make relationships with other characters and stuff. I just think that would be cool :p

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan, or at least a game set in that universe. Death in an Altered Carbon game would certainly have more consequences attached to it than just a slap on the wrist, since one of the major plot points of that book is the technology that allows people to be uploaded into new bodies when they die, so dying could very well cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars for a decent replacement body. Plus, I just think it would be awesome.

reddfawks

Jul 29, 2010
When I was a kid, I loved the Redwall series.

I imagine that those games could be very Zelda-ish. Y'know, solve the puzzles, find the items, grab that Sword of Martin, kick some rat/weasel/fox/other-animal-that-would-eat-you butt.

brutus3933

Aug 3, 2009
I'd love to see a game based on the Mortal Engines series. It'd probably be complicated with the massive game world that'd be necessary, but it'd be awesome. It'd be even more amazing as an MMO, with cities run by guilds

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
Relic and basically every book in the Pendergast series. It would play out in an L.A. Noire detective style of gameplay and it would be so cool...and incredibly scary at the same time.

EDIT: Holy crap everyone is saying "L.A. Noire style". You know what this means Rockstar...sequel!

Therealgijoe

Nov 10, 2010
Without Remorse by Tom Clancy. Only, push the story to more modern times, and make gameplay like Assassin's Creed. Scope out then kill the targets. Also the detective work involved in tracking down the top dog. Maybe add some flashback sections back to when John Kelly was a SEAL so that CoD players get off.

L1gh7Sp33d

Apr 15, 2009
Moby Dick would be an excellent adventure game if accomplished correctly. They would have to SERIOUSLY dumb down the source material though, thats a long fucking book.