What novel should they make into a game?

ObjectiveReality

May 18, 2011
Redwall as a 3D platform type thing - hells yes.

Dune as a factional MMORPG, also good.

I'd like a series of games roaming across Michael Moorcock's Multiverse following the various Eternal Champions. Probably 3rd person roaming Western-style realtime RPGs would be best. It'd be vital to make sure each game had a different aesthetic to differentiate the different universes though.

Also - Silent Hill style horror based on House Of Leaves. You know you want it...

ObjectiveReality

May 18, 2011
Ooh! Ooh! Also something based on Jay Lake's Mainspring series - a clockwork Earth which connects to it's orbital track by massive galactic gears, clock work angels, flying British airship navy.

And something based on Temeraire. I figure we're owed a *good* dragon-based flight combat game after Lair.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
The first thing you'd do in that one is give Edward and Bella two shotgun shells to the head. God, that would be satisfying.

But I say the Da Vinci Code or Angels and Demons would make pretty intersting games. Solving puzzles, not copied straight out of the books, or God forbid, the movies... That actually could be fun.

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
Piers Anthony's works give me lots of ideas... Sure, Xanth would be cool, but for pure gameplay I can see a great space combat game taken from the universe of 'Bio of a Space Tyrant - Mercenary'.

Or fighting game from the short 'Battle Circle' trilogy.

Okay, the second is stretching it a bit... but I'd love to see what could be done with the lore/technology/tactics from the first.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
The Count of Monte Cristo, revenge and a prison break!
Sounds good to me!

Redwoodhats

May 6, 2011
Do androids dream of electric sheep in a LA Noire format would be epic. Whole of future L.A to fly around in, cases and crime scenes and interrogations of robots.

Also, an Idea I've had in my head for ages, an FPS set in deep space, the forever war style. Low gravity, construction, exploring different planets, new lifeforms, construction, and with a cool multi-player, If they added the post war scenes between battles it would be the best game ever.

xochiquetzal

Oct 7, 2010
I have no mouth and I must scream by Harlan Ellison would be a great point and click adventure game...
oh... wait!!!

Audun

Oct 14, 2009
The Mistborn trilogy, by Brandon Sanderson has the potential to be a brilliant game. I would love to play as an allomancer.

The Night Angel trilogy, by Brent Weeks. Assassins Creed on steroids.

A Song of Ice and Fire, by George R.R. Martin would be an obvious choice, but i think Cyanide is already making a rts set in Westeros.

Quantom Quak

The Source of All Evil
Jun 12, 2009
WE NEED THE NAVIGATOR!
(imagine a time-traveling steampunk type thing, but instead of steam it's magnets that explode and an element that's made of time)

Cretgren

Mar 26, 2009
I vote for David Eddings' Elenium and Tamuli

masonfr8kr said:
The Iliad and the Odyssey. That would be hardcore
and that too.

Malus Darkblade could be good as well.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
A game based on the Ciaphas Cain books would be awesome.

You control Cain (HERO OF THE IMPERIUM) as he travels with the 597th Valhallan Regiment to various warzones throughout the galaxy. Gameplay would be similar to the Mass Effect series, but combat would be modified to handle larger-scale firefights and implement an attack/parry mechanic for close quarters fighting (since Cain is apparently an excellent duelist). Gunner Jurgen would always be a party member, along with a few other characters dropping in from time to time like Jenit Sulla and Inquisitor Vail. The dialogue system would provide a golden opportunity for Cain's wit and charm to shine as he tries (and fails) to stay out of combat.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Ender's Game. Not sure how it would turn out, though probably an EXTREMELY tactical shooter.

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
I'd like to see The Legend of Drizzt by R.A. Salvatore made into a God of War-type action adventure game. I can actually picture it doing very well, it being by Forgotten Realms/Dungeons and Dragons.