What old game would you love to have a HD update of.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Jade Empire.

I mean, graphics don't always make a game but god damn is that game hard to go back to. I love the style, but that game has not aged well and is actually painful to look at sometimes.

A shame too, because I'd really like to go back to it. I mean, fuck, I can go back to KotOR1-2 with no problems but Jade Empire is just painful.

bafrali said:
Original Deus Ex and Thief 1 and 2 would be lovely to see with some polishing
The original PC Deus Ex already has an HD pack equivalent, in the form of a High-Res texture mod floating about. I'd check it out, it's quite nice.

FrozenSkye

Jan 8, 2012
Ogre Battle 64

They wouldn't even have to update it graphically. I just want it playable on my 360.

Or someone to sell me an N64 cheap. Still have my cartridge, just not the console. :(

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Tenchu, and Legacy of Kain series in HD could be used as a new form of currency if they were to exist.

I would prefer they rebooted those two series more or less from the ground up rather than try to add a few more polygons and a new coat of paint and call it HD...

I mean didn't square enix buy eidos, or crystal dynamics, anyways the company that made the Soul Soul Reaver etc.?

I want some of those pretty FF graphics to get into LoK...as long as the paradigm BS stays the hell out.

I remember in the old days of Tenchu spending a few hours on ONE level going for flawless zero item scores. I think the biggest innovation that series has ever gotten was abandoning the guards turning in 8 directions in favor of 4. Seriously, I would be crouched there waiting for them to turn their back for like 3 minutes as they quarter-turned back and forth the same 2 positions over and over...eventually you just gotta punt them off a cliff.

Some games that are so old that HD is not an option, but a remake would suffice:

Soul Blazer
Act Raiser
Metal Storm
Kabuki Quantum Fighter

Madcat75

May 7, 2010
GoaThief said:
Hmm, I'd really like to see the return of Dizzy [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dizzy_%28series%29] on consoles/PC and it would seem to suit the flavour of the month (years?); indie platformers.

Midwinter [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwinter_%28video_game%29] might also be cool.
Are you Yahtzee in disguise?? :p

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
rickaay15 said:
White_Lama said:
rickaay15 said:
um...the game that allows you to turn into different creatures when you get enough power-up, like werewolves,tigers and dragons(forgot it's name)
Altered Beast? :p
yes, Thank you!...and now i feel stupid....;-;
At least you didn't write "the game in which you can alter yourself into certain beasts".
That would've been worse :D

ChaosStep

Dec 28, 2007
Manhunt, but not just another HD ps2 port. Rebuilt entirely in the same engine as Max Payne 3.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Sparkster, and I'm not counting Rocket Knight as an HD update; I want the exact Sparkster game for the Genesis to get an HD makeover and I will be happy, thank you.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Not sure if this is on-topic, but I'd like to see Baldur's Gate one and two with upgraded graphics, and swapping out the isometric camera with something closer to Dragon Age, or maybe Skyrim/Fallout (3/NV). Hell, an update like that might make me able to play Planescape: Torment without getting confused and bored.
Yes yes, I know, heresy and all that.

SmilesX-23

Isn't much of anything
Dec 15, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
Jet Moto, and Bushido Blade

Throw in Way of the Samurai 1 and 2, and I'll cry like a android.

EDIT: TENCHU 1, 2, AND FREAKING 3. If by some strange way, I get tenchu Z then by all means.
Everything this fine scholar said.

Especially the Tenchu's; they have not aged well.

Sir Charlesalot

Aug 12, 2012
(Considering this is my first post, if I make a "rising from my grave" comment, will anyone get it?)

I'm going to be boring and go with Deus Ex, SS2 and some of the Thief games. Oh and dear god Dungeon Keeper.

Madcat75

May 7, 2010
nikki191 said:
shadoworlds.. i remember that first pc game i ever played. it was amazing because it had dynamic lighting and torches actually worked properly.. ah small things
What I remember best from Shadoworlds is a game mechanic I have not see since, the guns were made from two parts a barrel and a stock, you hade barrels like cannon, machine gun etc and then stocks like explosive, flame etc sou you could mix and match and make a flame cannon or swap the barrel to make a flame machine gun :).