What old IPs/series do you think or would you like to see a new game in?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
After River City Girls 2, a completely new Double Dragon game would be nice. Neon came out 10 years ago. Double Dragon 4 is fine, but it's not what everybody wanted.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
After River City Girls 2, a completely new Double Dragon game would be nice. Neon came out 10 years ago. Double Dragon 4 is fine, but it's not what everybody wanted.
Probably heretical to the fans of the game, but I grew up watching the animated series and not playing the game. I think the animated series wasn't that popular overall with fans, but I was a dumb kid who liked anything.

When I actually did play gameboy version somewhere as a kid, I was wondering where the dragon powers were.... so part of me wants the premise of the animated series put into game form somehow. Like how some of the old Power Rangers beat 'em ups have transformation mechanics.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Probably heretical to the fans of the game, but I grew up watching the animated series and not playing the game. I think the animated series wasn't that popular overall with fans, but I was a dumb kid who liked anything.
I used to watch show, but the last time I watched it, I was 8. You couldn't get me to sit down and watch a full episode. The intro is still bad ass,

When I actually did play gameboy version somewhere as a kid, I was wondering where the dragon powers were.... so part of me wants the premise of the animated series put into game form somehow.
In Double Dragon Neon, there is a super move where you can summon a dragon. That's about it. Otherwise, the series is one big Bruce Lee and Fist of the NorthStar reference.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
After playing some of HI-FI Rush, I still want a Viewtiful Joe 3. The reason why I'm saying this, is that many former devs of VJ worked on HF.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Bring back Urban Reign & Fighting Force! UR at least deserves an HD remaster. Put it up for $9.99 on digital stores, Namco, and call it a day. It sells itself on that price alone.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I'm gonna mention a game that I haven't even played, where the appeal I see comes from how some real world developments have happened that would make another entry interesting.

Sleeping Dogs.

The premise of the original game is that you are a police officer in Hong Kong, infiltrating gangs, and must balance being a police officer with not blowing your cover.

Since its release a public servant in Hong Kong is no longer serving the democratic rule of Hong Kong, a public servant is serving the authoritarian regime in Beijing. While stopping gang members is something both would approve of, closing down newspapers critical of the Communist Party leadership is something only the latter would approve of, and they are in charge now. In this environment it would highlight how a system can become corrupted and what it means to be a good police.

At least that's the impression I've gotten; it's possible Hong Kong is not there yet, but if not that would still be an interesting story: how to balance what Beijing wants with what Hong Kong wants.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
1) I'd like the original Sirtech Wizardry series resurrected. Wizardry 8 was one of my favourite RPGs ever. Games did carry on coming out after that, but only because the IP was bought out by some Japanese company that produced garbage with no meaningful connection to the original series (honestly I wonder if they just wanted the name). Admittedly, Wiz8 isort of ends with an extremely appropriate series-ending conclusion, but one where it would be easy to move on with new things.

2) This might be a slightly odd one, but I'd like the third game in the Lords Of Midnight series reworked and re-released, as the original was a car crash and a horrible end to a classic trilogy. There was actually an intended fourth that the original creator Mike Singleton (now deceased) wrote a basic narrative and plan for. He handed to the IP to an enthusiast who re-released the original 2 for PC and mobile, but has since made little progress beyond that - in his defence, he has a day job and a family to prioritise.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Would like to see a remake of Lost Patrol. It showed that war is actually bad before Spec Ops had even been born. You can buy it on Steam.

Tenchu was good too.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Bring back Space Channel 5 while you're at it, Sega.
Bringing back Space Channel 5?
Could that IP be alive?
For some I deem pleasant surprise,
But would it be a move most wise?

Or perhaps there be Space Channel 6?
Are there quirks that it could fix?
Music old and new could mix,
Ulala could work her tricks.

But how'd I miss Space Channel 4?
What did I play the Dreamcast for?
Long dropped out from Console War,
Don't know what Sega has in store.

Can't find Space Channel 1 to 3,
Oh woe is life, this misery!
Must stay calm, not get tipsy,
In little diddle of whimsy.

Well, enough of postulations,
Sure Sega's in deliberations.
I'm sure within that weird space station,
Songs continue to fans' adoration.

(That was harder to drabble up than I thought it would be.)

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Panzer Dragoon Saga

Not Panzer Dragoon. Panzer Dragoon Saga. Because it has some unique mechanics that were worth exploring further, but were never used in anything ever again, and that's a shame. That's old school Sega for you, good at ideas, even better at ditching them. Speaking of ditching, I'd also take a game that just emulates and elaborates the Saga mechanics.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Interstate 76, Interstate 82.

I haven't played the originals and I fear they got a bit too polygoney for our current standards, but still, I mean, Starsky and Hutch in Mad Max ? I so do not oppose this.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Interstate 76, Interstate 82.

I haven't played the originals and I fear they got a bit too polygoney for our current standards, but still, I mean, Starsky and Hutch in Mad Max ? I so do not oppose this.
They kinda have a sequel. Vigilante 8.

Its a straight up car combat game as opposed to what the originals were, but its got some of the same characters.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Just realised that The Eternaut would make for a freaky open world survival horror.

Players wouldn't like the ending, though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Comix Zone - Sega or whoever they outsource towards can either go hand drawn like they did with Streets of Rage 4, or go 2.5D cel-shaded. There can be platforming and puzzle solving, but give either checkpoints and unlimited continues. The brawling can work similar to itself, but add more moves, a dodge, and possibly a counter mechanic. They can use a similar dodge system to Viewtiful Joe. I would also make it so punching inanimate objects won't make you lose health. That is something stupid that never needs to be done ever again.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
After the disappointment of the LotR prequel tv show, I decided to wash the bad aftertaste from my mouth with a LotR prequel that doesn't suck as I wait for the release of Trails to the Azure on the 14th of this month, which entails me finally trying the Shadow of Mordor series. And damn...that game's epic. It's not exactly super old, but I think a ps5 Shadow of Mordor type game in that aesthetic and following that creative vision would be incredible.