What old IPs/series do you think or would you like to see a new game in?

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Jet Force Gemini would be pretty cool with a more modern design in a sequel. The universe they built has so much cool stuff, I'd love to see it expanded upon. If not a sequel, then a Metroid Prime Remastered level remake would be awesome

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
I was going to mention Wild Arms but then I remembered - this exists:

Also I find it funny how in its very own words - "aims for that old-school JRPG style". While people are having some discourse over the use of the term JRPG after the whole FF16 interview, here's an upcoming game that seemingly wears the label on its sleeve.

Last I checked on this game they only revealed 3 playable characters, and now there's a full 6. I hope there's some sort of party swap mechanics during active battle... I always hate it when games do the whole here's so many characters! Enjoy half of them being benched!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Can we get another Need for Speed Nitro? At the very least, an HD-Remaster. The game is stuck on the Wii and you can't get it anywhere else!

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I was going to mention Wild Arms but then I remembered - this exists:

Also I find it funny how in its very own words - "aims for that old-school JRPG style". While people are having some discourse over the use of the term JRPG after the whole FF16 interview, here's an upcoming game that seemingly wears the label on its sleeve.

Last I checked on this game they only revealed 3 playable characters, and now there's a full 6. I hope there's some sort of party swap mechanics during active battle... I always hate it when games do the whole here's so many characters! Enjoy half of them being benched!
I've enjoyed the wild arms franchise, but most were just kinda okay tbh, 3 was probably the best and 5 is easily the worst. But they didn't do quite that much to seperate themselves from the pack, the cowboy theme really just translated to spending a lot of time in wasteland. The tools system was fun but most puzzle with them were pretty simple. Otherwise the one thing that stick out were the anime opening that would change as you progress the game, but I don't think it would have much impact nowaday and I doubt this remake as the budget for that.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
I've enjoyed the wild arms franchise, but most were just kinda okay tbh, 3 was probably the best and 5 is easily the worst. But they didn't do quite that much to seperate themselves from the pack, the cowboy theme really just translated to spending a lot of time in wasteland. The tools system was fun but most puzzle with them were pretty simple. Otherwise the one thing that stick out were the anime opening that would change as you progress the game, but I don't think it would have much impact nowaday and I doubt this remake as the budget for that.
I really enjoyed the hex combat system in Wild Arms 4. It added movement mechanics without bogging the combat system to be a whole tactical RPG deal. It managed to spice up the whole turn based battle system with some light positioning and managed to still be very quick and snappy. That isn't returning here but I hope they can maintain the spirit of it.

Anyhow with how homogenized the AAA gaming landscape is, I don't think this really needs to be anything more than decent. To me it's kinda like seeing the return of a fast food menu item that was removed. Wild Arms was never a super big thing anyway, and reviews were always middling for all its games. But I think that's fine. I kinda enjoy stuff like that. Even if it was really nothing more than typical JRPG tropes wrapped in cowboy Western themed packaging.

As long as the backers were happy and the devs aren't in the red, I'll see this as an overall win.

Reactions: meiam

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
We could really use Virtua Fighter 6 right now. We got a new Double Dragon coming soon called, DD Gaiden. I am skeptical and not in the mood for rouge-lites/likes that are mandatory and not an optional mode.