What property should Telltale try next

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
So Telltale has a habit of taking any property they can get their hands on and making a game from it, they've done Minecraft, Borderlands, Game of Thrones, among others and they have a batman game on the way

My question is what property do you want them to use next, what would work

I think they should make a Star Trek game, set in the original universe, none of that reboot nonsense. It could follow a new crew or be "the continued adventures of Captain Kirk" but I think Star Trek would lend itself well to Telltale's format.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Call me boring, but I wish they'd go back and do another season of Walking Dead and/or Wolf Among Us.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I want to see Telltale's Moby Dick. I want to choose between what sailor I save and which one I can't. "Ahab will remember that".
And then everybody fucking dies anyway.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I'd more or less buy anything if it had Telltale's name at this point.

Really, the only request I'd have is to do something original or if they have a universe to work with, original characters. My biggest complaint in their Game of Thrones game was that I felt so restricted and it changed my actions because I knew that I couldn't affect certain characters.

If I did choose, I think playing a smuggler in the Star Wars or Firefly universe would be pretty sweet. You get your crew and a number of jobs to take, keeping your crew happy and paid while balancing risk/rewards as well as the moral stuff that could show up (Smuggle this family out of the war torn country or a bunch of contraband that'll get you paid).

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
On a totally random note - the Wheel of Time.

There is a TON that they could do with that IP. Could do something on the fringes of the books, or before/after. There's a huge fan base for the series, a ton of lore, and a huge appetite for the story to continue in some form. There are a lot of little tidbits in the books that are never fully explained (and more than likely never will be in book form) that Telltale could really explore, and I don't know if I'd trust any other dev to do it the right way.

Or, just give us more Clem and TWD. I'd be fine with that.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Does it matter?
Honestly, they all seem a bit samey to me and I'm rapidly loosing interest in them as a developer.

I may be wrong though, as I haven't played any of their games lately.

But, Star Trek The Next Generation would be nice.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
We need WARHAMMER 40k!!!!!!
We really need a more fresh approach of the Origin story of Horus. Telltales CAN make a good story out of it.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Walking Dead Season 3: Clem's Badassery Knows No Bounds

Or, alternatively, Wolf Among Us Season 2.

Tales From the Borderlands Season 2 would be neat as well...since that one was genuinely funny and well written. I think I got a lot more out of that one than the other two (and WD S2 made me tear up like a little baby) so, eh, I want to see what they can do-

Really. So long as they maintain the same level of quality (engine and release timing not withstanding) I'd love to see 'em tackle pretty much anything.

Fuck it. Firefly. Fiiiiirefly!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I know they sound cracy but what about they create something original as in not based on any frictions? Don't get me wrong, their games are great but I would find it interesting if they were to created some original setting/ story/ characters that are not link to any preexisting franchised.

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
I'm less concerned about what property they do next and more interested when they're going to update or change the god awful engine they've been using for the last couple of years. It's hard to get excited about a new property when I imagine the same facial expressions and stiff animations recycled into a new set of characters. I don't even want to imagine how they're going to bastardize Batman.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I've been reading tale of the ketty jay series by Chris Wooding which was recommended by someone here on Escapist. (Its a good series. Thank you who ever you are). So that's the first thing that comes to mind. Its an underrated gem I'd love for it to see more exposure.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Honestly? Come up with something original.
SweetShark said:
We need WARHAMMER 40k!!!!!!
We really need a more fresh approach of the Origin story of Horus. Telltales CAN make a good story out of it.
And because that affair is 'shrouded in the mists of time and legend' they can take some artistic freedom as well. Yeah I can dig that.
Johnny Novgorod said:
I want to see Telltale's Moby Dick. I want to choose between what sailor I save and which one I can't. "Ahab will remember that".
And then everybody fucking dies anyway.
So far, the GoT one is seeming to be a break away from that trend, at least when the final outcome is concerned though I have yet to finish the last episode. That illusion of choice is indeed getting a little tiresome. I was cool with it at first because it was about the reactions of the people involved but enough is enough.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Something with substantial game play would be nice. At this point, the property is secondary to me.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I would love to see TellTale tackle Firefly.

Y'know, space cowboys, smuggling runs, Nathan Fillion. I would love that so much.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I'd like to see them tackle The Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Bethesda's story telling often leaves a lot desired, but their lore and world-making is pretty solid. Would be fun to see people who know how to write a story make something out of it.

HybridChangeling

Dec 13, 2015
undeadsuitor said:
Telltale Fallout
Exactly, Fallout needs that sort of treatment, and make it like a base education of the series, maybe play as a ghoulified Great War survivor and teach the players about the new lore Bethesda sort of made, because right now peoples understanding of the Fallout lore of the Bethesda games are little more then context clues and "Hey that was sort of in the old ones."

Also, Jurassic Park, but the right way this time! Also another idea of improving the revamped lore. Escaping Jurassic World or even trying to prevent a breakout on what I can assume to be where Wu went to, Site B. You have dinosaurs, you have a rich tropical environment, there are a million ways to make this cool.

Mad Max (sensing a trend?) would be a fun property for some storytelling. A junior history man on his way to the ruined cities to try and figure out the world that came before him. The "you choose your own adventure" aspect would be deciding what old things were used for, and it can actually change how it works. Have everyone eat scavenged vitamins to hype themselves for battle, pitchforks as signposts. Crazy stuff like that.

Metro 2033, (last one I promise) and do the actual books, LoTR style, by having almost everything in them. Multipart chapters. I think this series could be revived with a storytelling of the excellent novel.

A Bond Movie, like be a secret agent who has to do the secret agent things, make choices, call bluffs, lie your way through, and all that.

Terraria because I have no idea what the actual tartarus goes on in that game.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Tales of Oregon Trail

"Nicole has dysentery. Jennifer will remember that."