What property should Telltale try next

astrav1

Jul 6, 2009
totheendofsin said:
So Telltale has a habit of taking any property they can get their hands on and making a game from it, they've done Minecraft, Borderlands, Game of Thrones, among others and they have a batman game on the way

My question is what property do you want them to use next, what would work

I think they should make a Star Trek game, set in the original universe, none of that reboot nonsense. It could follow a new crew or be "the continued adventures of Captain Kirk" but I think Star Trek would lend itself well to Telltale's format.
I want them to try fixing up a new engine that won't run like ass. Also to try making choices actually matter, or at least seem like they matter. What they do is false advertising and it pisses me off. As for a new game, I just want more Wolf among us. They dropped the ball with their last 3 games, although Borderlands was at least entertaining, so I'm really not exited for anything else they have to offer.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I'd rather they come up with their own property at this point.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Perhaps... Dragon Age? That world has many, many untold stories, both small and large in scope a like, and it would be pretty easy for them to just create a completely original cast.

I would also say Firefly, but I love Firefly for it's characters, not so much it's fairly generic setting. Yeah, yeah, I know, burn me at the stake for that, but given that getting the whole cast back together would probably be a little on the expensive side (at least Fillion and Tudyk would be), and I'd rather not play as some second-tier group of smugglers.

Honestly, with Telltale's writing ability, I'd like to see them write their own original story in an original setting. At least that way we might get to make choices that actually matter.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Oh geez a lot of suggestions in this thread I could get excited for.

Fallout could use a good strong story involving a real main character.

And the other suggestions... Mass Effect, Star Wars, Elder Scrolls, Firefly, Deus Ex... I'd play any of those.

Also need another Borderlands one. Loved that game.

visiblenoise

Jul 2, 2014
Bioshock! I'd like to see Rapture before everything went wrong. I didn't play the Bioshock Infinite DLCs so I don't know how well that was covered.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Hmmm. Can't think of any. I'd really like to see a new season of Wolf Among Us, that's for sure. Perhaps a spy thriller with Cinderella?

Wouldn't mind seeing them tackle an original Dungeons and Dragons plot at some point, either.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
distortedreality said:
On a totally random note - the Wheel of Time.
All the Yes possible for this. I've only finished the sixth book so far, but my God would I love to see this in the Telltale Games style (and preferably art inspired by John Seamas Gallagher's character designs). I'd absolutely be okay if they don't let you play the main story.

Another great setting would be the 'Gentlemen Bastards' books or perhaps even the universe introduced in the first three 'Thief' games. Loved the art style of the cutscenes!

Do you guys think they could take on 'Dragon Age' or 'Fallout'? Could work, I think. Otherwise they could just continue with 'The Wolf Among Us' or 'Borderlands'.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
undeadsuitor said:
Telltale Fallout

or

Telltale Mass Effect, except they do the borderlands thing where instead of a hero character its some random person thats on the outskirts of the main plot
Gianna Parasini, they're singing your song...

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
undeadsuitor said:
Telltale Mass Effect, except they do the borderlands thing where instead of a hero character its some random person thats on the outskirts of the main plot
Finally, it's Conrad Verner's time to shine!

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
undeadsuitor said:
It would even have a heartwarming ending since Conrad eventually gave up trying to be a hero and started an organization called The Shepards.
Assuming Shepard doesn't tell him to buzz off, resulting in him falling off a bus... getting hit by several cars... then falling into a turbine...

Poor Conrad.

Niftu "I AM A BIOTIC GOD!" Cal might be fun, too.

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
I think it'd be cool if Telltale could do a bit of an Until Dawn thing; just really knuckle down on one short story, and fill it with actual choices that do in fact get affected by previous decisions. Maybe make it three episodes instead of five or six. Put in permadeath too even, though in that case I may have to finally stop buying their games on iOS.

Also taking from the Until Dawn pot, I think horror. Call of Cthulhu would work well I think.
And, less horror more thriller, I really do believe a Suicide Squad type format fits this proposed format nicely. Though really anyone should just make a Suicide Squad game, concept's too good to pass on!

Or, as I've said in the past, Telltale could potentially do something interesting with Team Fortress 2.

Tldr; TF2, Call of Cthulhu, Suicide Squad, and try to copy Until Dawn.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
I would like to see a video game adaptation of Fantasy Flight's Android: Netrunner. I would love to see Telltale do a murder mystery tale set in the Android Universe. Kind of mirrors the first board game release then.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Archer.

I can think of a load of really good reasons. Firstly the flat, flash style animation would be much easier for Telltale to animate, so we wouldn't get the occasionally dicey, glitching animation or mistimed expressions we do in their more ambitious translations.

Secondly, the game could do a great job playing off of what the audience want Archer to do, versus what he actually does. Most of the Telltale games limit how much of a dick you can be as the protagonist, whereas Archer is a dick by default - the player interaction could be more about trying to make Archer less of a dick, or by finding creative ways to be a malicious asshole. They kind of touched on this in Borderlands, and I'd like to see one of their games go all the way.

Thirdly, it would make the QTE action scenes more fun. If you fail a quick time event during, say, a shoot out, instead of it being an instant game over, Archer instead sustains a violent (and hilarious) injury that will persist throughout the fight. Deliberately letting the guy get more and more injuried, or skillfully trying to come through unscathed are both viable play styles that matches the humour of the show.

Fourthly. B plots. Archer flicks between spy thriller and office japes. I'd love to see a game handle that.

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
Laggyteabag said:
I would love to see TellTale tackle Firefly.

Y'know, space cowboys, smuggling runs, Nathan Fillion. I would love that so much.
This'n here.

The 'Verse needs to be expanded, and if the show can't be revived, the movies can't be revived, the comics did what they needed to, and a decent space-sim can't be made, we may as well leave it to TellTale.

Thomas Barnsley said:
Call of Cthulhu
Alternatively I'd settle for a Lovecraft fix, provided they get just what makes his work so fascinating. Wouldn't necessarily need to be Cthulhu either. The Dunwich Horror, The Whisperer in Darkness, At the Mountains of Madness, hell, even The Music of Erich Zann would be awesome.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
They should either come up with something original or finish the franchises they already have going before starting more. At this point I couldn't give a fuck about anything Telltale announce unless it's something original or The Wolf Among Us season 2.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
I would like to see Telltale make an actual game. Regardless of property.

I mean don't get me wrong, Telltale makes great stories. But I'm getting kinda tired of the same formula. These fairly short, episodic experiences are running dry for me and I wish they would put more game into their games.

I think they could make a fantastic turn-based RPG using an original IP or whatever property they can get their hands on for it. Considering an RPG would still let them focus on the story they are sooo very very good at. While allowing them to also develop something that can be a fully fleshed out game. Turn based systems don't have to be very complex, and usually only require either a special mechanic or twist on them to make them memorable and fun, (ie Materia, or full party swapping, or summoned shadows).

As much as I've enjoyed the walking dead, I've found myself bored most of the time playing Tales from the Borderlands because it was the same shit with a different skin. The batman game will be exactly the same, and I really think they could benefit from making a real game, as I can't believe recycling this same formula will last much longer. (Although I suppose if they keep getting their hands on new big name IP's, fans will always buy into it.)