What purchase have you regretted?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
My only regretted purchase that I can think of is "Uru: Complete Chronicles", because the online version was released for free soon after.

But then again, "Complete Chronicles" had a couple special bits in it that aren't in the online game, so at least there's something unique in it.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Easton Dark said:
FalloutJack said:
FF8, of course. Do I really need to explain why?
Yes you do. FF8 is the best Final Fantasy.

OT: Borderlands taught me never to pre-order anything. What you expect will not be what you get.
Kettle calling the pot black, eh? Borderlands is the greatest loot-based game and one of my favorite FPS games of all time. I'm even pre-ordering the ultimate loot chest, and I find little chance of being disappointed.

That said, I may be in a small minority, but I seriously regret pre-ordering Modern Warfare 3 and for purchasing Prince of Persia (2008) and Fable 3.

I've similarly learned to not pre-order games without at least seeing a preview of the gameplay.

Direbaka

Jul 10, 2010
Easy answer: Metroid: Other M... thank god I traded that back in, so at least it didn't cost me my money... just my time and respect for the franchise. Metroid was one series that I would purchase without waiting for a review. Learned that lesson didn't I?

Slightly more interesting answer: Multitudes of steam games. Most of the games I got through steam are good and were cheap, but I have a great many to play through still. Something about 5 dollar games that turns off my "you shouldn't buy this yet" part of my brain.

BaronUberstein

Jul 14, 2011
cryogeist said:
BaronUberstein said:
ARMA II. Terrible game, 30 bucks down the drain.
may i ask why you think that? because i thought ARMA II was a fun game
Clunky interface, fuzzy graphics*, no settings to control mouse sensitivity. Tutorial was unhelpful. Basically, the game was not fun, it was a chore to get anything done.

*probably hardware issue on my end, but I'm not buying a new computer.

Reginald

May 9, 2012
I purchased Chromehounds. Never before have giant robot battles been so painfully boring.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Do I really have to explain my disdain towards FFXIII?
Suffice it to say, that is the one game I cannot get a quarter through, let alone finish.
captcha: stool pigeon. Dafuq?

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Memory foam bed, generic Temperpedic. It was too d**m soft. After a year I switch to a Sealy & my back pains reduced greatly. Money wasted = about $800.

Another is an actual wallet-guzzling Temperpedic bed; that thing was hard as s**t. We got it for my gran'ma. After a week she stopped using it & started sleeping in her recliner. Money wasted = over $1000.

Lastly, there was that Sallie Mae loan.....

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Mass Effect 2
Fallout 3
Army of 2: The 40th day

Bad rpgs followed by a completely uninteresting shooter. These are all games I've returned btw.

Oh, and CoD:MW2. It's the only CoD game I've ever bought and It sucks. Like it REALLY sucks. I can't return it because I got it used, which also sucks.

Skylare

Dec 29, 2011
Dashiva said:
Final Fantasy XIII. Not worth the 5-Maccas-meals-worth of cash I paid for it.
first game i got with my ps3 but i tried twice to get into it just wont stick :/

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. It took all the crafted game play and story built from Ace Combat 1 through 6 and completely dumped it. Now it's all so generic with bland unlikable characters in an generic middle-east setting involving Russians and WMDs. It's the Call of Duty of flight simulators. It makes me cry when I realized I wasted $60 on it.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
Dashiva said:
This. But wait, I got stupider! I'm one of the suckers who bought the sequel thinking, surely it can't be as bad as the first one... Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice - well, I'm a sucker.

Dashiva

Jul 29, 2012
Erja_Perttu said:
Dashiva said:
This. But wait, I got stupider! I'm one of the suckers who bought the sequel thinking, surely it can't be as bad as the first one... Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice - well, I'm a sucker.
Don't worry - I nearly bought it too, since, despite 13's abysmal everything, I love FF muchly. I was prepped to purchase 13-2 on the basis that a number of my friends played it and said it was superior in every way. Then I played a few hours on a friend's console.

Those "friend" recommenders? Yeah, they're all dead now. For lying.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Dynasty Warriors 7. Everything got shrunk for some strange reason and made things very difficult to see. Even the subtitles hurt my eyes trying to read them, they were that small. But that was nothing compared to co-op mode where
1. Couldn't be done in story mode
2. Was shrunk so badly we had to stop after like 2 or 3 stages just because our eyes couldn't take it anymore.

And no there was no way to fix that problem. Happy I got it on a Black Friday sale so I didn't pay full price for it but still very sad that a franchise I stuck with for so long can create something this crappy.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
MW3
Duke Nukem

Not game related is about 90% of clothes I own, a few days after buying them I just think "WTF?!" and never wear them. It's why I seem to live in the same 7 items of clothing.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I suppose my recent one was Diablo 3 despite I did had fun with the game at the start. My sole reason to buying that game was to co-op with my mate but so far he hasn't bought it despite being a huge fan. His reason is due to being very busy with work (I take it he doesn't have self control).
While I did enjoyed the game at the start but I can lived without knowing what it was like playing it if I didn't bought it in the first place.