What should I do with my 60GB PS3?

farmerboy219

Feb 22, 2009
Razor_01 said:
What are your thoughs?
I say keep it, something i wish my 40GB ps3 had was the memory cards and extra usb ports + backward compatability. I say upgrade your memory (you can buy 500GB drives off amazon for 65 GBP)

Lowbreed

Jul 4, 2009
They sell for about 600? and what not, I'm sure $400 is reasonable.
It all lies in the usb ports and BC :/

Razor_01

Jul 10, 2009
sneakypenguin said:
I just don't see you getting 400 bucks out of it. Maybe 250....
I just watched a sale end on eBay yesterday for $405 with free ups shipping. Only thing included was the PS3 console and the controller it came with. It battled from the original $250 posting to $405 ending. I couldn't believe it either.

Some people want the original 60GB's because they are about 99% backward compatible, can run Linux and have all the card reader slots.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Razor_01 said:
sneakypenguin said:
I just don't see you getting 400 bucks out of it. Maybe 250....
I just watched a sale end on eBay yesterday for $405 with free ups shipping. Only thing included was the PS3 console and the controller it came with. It battled from the original $250 posting to $405 ending. I couldn't believe it either.

Some people want the original 60GB's because they are about 99% backward compatible, can run Linux and have all the card reader slots.
Still I jsut can't see someone paying 100 dollars over retail. heck you could get a new ps3 slim and 2-3 PS2's for 400 bucks. But more power to you if you can find a buyer for a used 60gb.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I'd say keep it, there's not enough new to risk getting the slim.
Risks: Your PS3 doesnt sell as well, the slim has manufacturing problems that we don't know about yet.

joe182

Feb 18, 2005
link670 said:
Turn it into a George Foreman Grill
Gah, you beat me to it :p

OT: sell it before it dies, as mine just did :( Then get yourself a shiny new one :)

Razor_01

Jul 10, 2009
One other thing it will give someone that doesn't want to buy the PS3 because it doesn't have backward comp. and I will go out and buy the slim making the sale for that one person.

I feel like I'm doing my part for Sony that way (....standing up and being proud.....)

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Razor_01 said:
I picked up the PS3 when it first came out and I'm thinking about sell my 60GB and picking up the new Slim.

I saw a 60GB go last night for $405 on eBay so here are my thoughts. If I sold mine for $400 and after shipping I would be at $350. I would get a new 1 year warranty with the slim, a dual shock 3, 120GB HDD and all the benefits in size and power consumption with the slim. I don't use my PS3 to play PS2 games so that might benefit someone else that is looking for that.

Seems like a win win situation right....? What are your thoughs?
I can exchange my 80GB with your 60GB.

[small]Pleeeease?

Damn Sony...[/small]

joe182 said:
OT: sell it before it dies, as mine just did :( Then get yourself a shiny new one :)
He said he wanted to get the PS3 Slim. It's not shiny, it's matte.

blood77

Apr 23, 2008
(JohnsonStraits) said:
you would sacrifice your backwards compatabilit
Not much of a sacrifice if he never uses it.

That sounds like something I would do, so I say go for it dood.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
It sounds like you've already decided to sell it, so go right ahead. I'm saving mine though, It'll be worth something someday and the slim doesn't have BC.

Triple G

Sep 12, 2008
Razor_01 said:
I picked up the PS3 when it first came out and I'm thinking about sell my 60GB and picking up the new Slim.

I saw a 60GB go last night for $405 on eBay so here are my thoughts. If I sold mine for $400 and after shipping I would be at $350. I would get a new 1 year warranty with the slim, a dual shock 3, 120GB HDD and all the benefits in size and power consumption with the slim. I don't use my PS3 to play PS2 games so that might benefit someone else that is looking for that.

Seems like a win win situation right....? What are your thoughs?
Dude, just buy a 500gig SATA PC Hardrive and install it. It works and you don't have to spend much money to gain a bunch of space.

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
KingTeabag said:
Sell the box on Ebay claiming it has the PS3 inside.

Then sell the real Playstation at your local game store!
I read in an old issue of EGM that when the psp was sort of new, someone just sold the box and that was even in the discripition. Is this where you got the idea?

BTW: sound like a good idea to sell it where ever it is safest so that you won't get ripped off. I am not sure what craigslist and amazon have for seller security. If anyone knows, can you post?

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
MR.Spartacus said:
The difference is the 60G will play about 99.5% of all PS2 games The 80G's with the limited BC played about 80-90% and the new ones play precisely 0% of all PS2 games. That and the 60G had other features like four USB ports(vs two on current) and memory card slots which I've actually gotten some use out of but it seems I'm more or less alone on that.
actually no the 60GB will play 100% of the games, it has the ps2 chip on board and will play them all

InfernoJesus

Aug 18, 2009
If you really think you can get 400$ for it, go for it! Whoever bought the other one is clearly very ignorant of the going prices or really wanted backwards compatibility.