What Shouts do you actually use in Skyrim?

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
FUS - for dragons on the ground and I don't feel like getting singed or frostbitten
Marked For Death - for dragons that refuse to land (haven't gotten Dragonrend, yet)
Aura Whisper - the greatest shout for scouting dungeons, or finding what keeps detecting you when sneaking out on the tundra, all alone

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
The one where you boost forwards, whirlwind sprint I think its called. (wuld na kest?)

and Fus Ro Dah because everyone else does it, and sometimes you just need to see that goat go over the cliff edge.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Let's see...I use:

FEIM ZII GRON (Become Ethereal) (Rarely)
OD AH VIING (Call Dragon)
LOK VAH KOOR (Clear Skies) (Only to dispel Alduin's meteors)
ZUN HAAL VIIK (Disarm)
JOOR ZAH FRUL (Dragonrend)
YOL TOOR SHUL (Fire Breath)
ZUL MEY GUT (Throw Voice) (Stealth characters only)
FUS RO DAH (Unrelenting Force)

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
Unrelenting Force because staggerin is helpful and it is fun to watch people fly
Dragonrend because I don't like my dragons airborn
Disarm on occasions because it is funny to watch people loose whatever they are weilding
Elemental Fury because with two daggers it is hilarious how fast you are.
Sometimes Whirlwind Sprint (mostly when I am carrying too much and trying to get to a store).
I have dabbled with throw voice, but it started hindering me when I would get into fights.
For Example...
When I got to the part where you fight Mercer Frey (I believe that was his name) face to face, I thought "Prepare to get knocked back" as I pressed the dragon shout, let it fully charge up, and then... "Hey cheese brain". Mercer promptly cut me afterwards.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
I use a pretty wide range of shouts.

Unrelenting Force: Great in combat when I need a window to whittle down a tough enemy's health, and just for comedy effect. It's also equally useful and hilarious when I'm fighting a Forsworn (it's always them!) near a cliff and they won't take a hint.

Whirlwind Spirit: Sprinting isn't fast enough! Also a good way to get past traps in dungeons.

Call Dragon: I never really need to use it but I do anyway because it's awesome to be able to do it.

Call of Valor: Outnumbered? Instant follower! His Unrelenting Force come in useful too.

Dragonred: The most annoying thing about fighting dragons is waiting for them to land, so this is useful for saving time.

I occasionally use other shouts when the situation calls for it, like Become Ethereal when Whirlwind Spirit doesn't work on certain traps; Clear Skies when it becomes cloudy and I can't see in the distance when I want; Fire and Frost Breath when I want to mix up combat a bit (never worth it really); and Ice Form for teh lulz, and it also works like Unrelenting Force in battle, although I find it's not as effective.

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
FUS RO DAH! and marked for death, it makes it easier to take people on head on and easier to take on groups with melee.
oh and dragonrend because i hate it when dragons fly around all like "look at me, i can fly" and ignore me when i want to kill them (unless it's an ancient dragon then i run away weeping like a little girl.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
YOL TOR SHUL!

Now you are on fire. Also my archmage adds EXTRA FIRE!

I tend to be a bit of a pyro in Skyrim

Shuguard

Apr 19, 2012
I only used marked for death and the upgrades. Nothing else seemed as useful till Dragon rend.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Ice block and nothing else. Its not worth going into the menu to change which 1 you have equipped.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
What irritates me about the shouts is seeing someone else studied in the way of the voice (namely the greybeards) and their cooldown is near instant. Whereas me, the dragonborn, have to wait. Making a lot of it effectively useless.

Mandal0re

Oct 18, 2008
I play a stealth archer and my most used shout by far would be aura whisper. after that marked for death, throw voice and occasionally slow time.

afrojason

Jan 22, 2012
fire breath for laughs
dragonrend to use my sword
summon dragon and storm call just for that epic feeling

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I mostly use Unrelenting Force, for throwing enemies off cliffs.
Whirlwind Sprint just to run through traps quickly and to just explore places.
Dragonrend to bring down the dragons.
I occasionally use the fire breath one.

Karhukonna

Nov 3, 2010
I used to be in the crowd that only uses Unrelenting Force, but then I discovered that... Ice Form, was it? The one that pretty much freezes a target solid? Great way to have fun when you're taking on a big baddy one on one. Met a frost troll once, on a tall mountain. I was nowhere near the level to take on a frost troll, and I sort of... Well, I panicked. I thought I had Unrelenting Force equipped, but I was mistaken. The troll charged at me as I launched my shout, and to my surprise the bugger froze solid and kept going in it's original charging direction, right past me and off a cliff.

Gotta say, I hate it when I have those moments and nobody's around to witness it. :( I can imagine what it must've looked like down below, a frozen frost troll falling from the sky.