What Shouts do you actually use in Skyrim?

DesertMummy

Jan 6, 2011
I use the summon dragon one and the inferno one. However, if I could invent a shout to use, it'd be one that made Skyrim enjoyable.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
Whirlwind sprint and Dragonrend, just because the first one is convenient and the second one makes fighting dragons a hell of a lot easier, I use a melee fighter, oh, I use clear skies, but again its for convenience, the offensive shouts arent very good

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Aura Whisper for when I'm being stealthy. Need to know where the enemies are.
Dragonrend for fighting dragons.
Fire Breath/Ice Breath to quickly stop attackers so I can run.
Become Ethreal for when I need to survive on low health or escape, or jump off a cliff.
Fus Ro Dah if a follower is in my way.
Storm Call for shits and giggles.

TehCookie said:
Clear Skies is the one I use the most often to interrupt dragons and end snowstorms.
What does Clear Skies do to dragons?

Folji

Jul 21, 2010
Slow time is probably my favourite, alongside unrelenting force and throw voice.

Hey slug breath!

Mar 9, 2010
Mostly Unrelenting Shout, Dragonrend and Become Ethereal; occasionally I'll pull one out of my ass if the situation is getting bad but those three are most common. They're the most useful out of all of them. Throw Voice is pretty useful but difficult for sneak characters to get a hold of.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
I haven't gotten all of them but of the ones I had, almost all of them were practically worthless
the only ones I really used were disarm, force push, call of valor, call storm and the one that is for distracting people and making them go somewhere else (as I'm an assassin, so it helps)
also the one that works for dragons, but I haven't fought them very often, really

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
I personally reduce the shout cooldown time by half, which makes dragon shouts actually useful and viable. Combine that with an amulet of Talos that actually does something, and it's really good and oddly enough, still balanced. Because of this, I tend to use a mix of most shouts because, well, I can now.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Sean Hollyman said:
Become Ethreal for when I need to survive on low health or escape, or jump off a cliff.

TehCookie said:
Clear Skies is the one I use the most often to interrupt dragons and end snowstorms.
It staggers them and interrupts their breathe attacks while having an extremely short recharge time. So you never have to deal with their breath attacks again.

TechnoRaven

Mar 10, 2012
Fus roh Doh for quick stuns and knockdowns, as orc rage insures most enemys dont get back up.

Mark of Death for faster dead enemys

Whirwind sprint for traveling around without my horse and "strategic advancement"

Ice form for the lols.

And Dragon Rend because i cant throw great swords acurately.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
I abused the shit out of the "go invincible" and "swing your axe like a fucking barbarian" shouts. Being a two-handed warrior, those two were the most useful.

BlackEagle95

Apr 3, 2011
Unrelenting Force-Too much fun
Dragon Rend- Full force to bring the dragon down, then joor, the first word, to keep them down. Works wonders for a melee character.
Aura Whisper- Is useful at times.
Whirlwind Dash-Getting away or through traps
Become Ethereal-Same as everyone. Cliffs and running.
Ice Form-Tie up the mage or bandit chief while I handle the mooks.
Call Dragon-Why would you not? It's a personal dragon panic button.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
TehCookie said:
Sean Hollyman said:

TehCookie said:
It staggers them and interrupts their breathe attacks while having an extremely short recharge time. So you never have to deal with their breath attacks again.
Dang, I'll have to try that sometime, I just use Spellbreaker, it works a charm. Walking right up to a Dragon's face through their breath, with only a shield between you makes you feel cool...

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Mainly I've used:
- Unrelenting Force
- Worldwind Sprint
- Kyne's Peace
- Fire Breath

Surpheal

Jan 23, 2012
FUS RO DAH: For those pesky bosses at lower levels.
WULD NA CAST: For being over there when you don't want to be where you are now.
ZUUN HA KEETH(?): For when I think those enemies shouldn't being using their weapons when I do.
Become Ethereal: For when I want to get from the top of something to the bottom quickly.
Storm Call: For when I really can't be bothered to fight anything.
Clear skies: Because I my enemies should die on a bright sunny day.
Ice form: What, I like to look at ice sculptures.

That is about it.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
BTW, whats the deal with Odaviing? Hes supposed to be good at fighting other dragons, but every time I have summoned him to fight one, after letting them duke it out for a while and seeing him YOL a lot at the other dragon, it turns out he has done pretty much no damage whatsoever to it.

Chao_Ulv

Apr 15, 2012
fire breath, cause its painful
ice form, because freezing em in place is great on getting a few hits on a deathlord draughr
unrelenting force for the lolz(ragdoll physics are fun ;p
and elemental fury for the crazy attack speed

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
I play on easy, so I like to use fire breath, or fus ro dah to knock people off cliffs. Storm call is fun to use when the entire town guard is on you :) I find that I only need to use healing pots when facing dragons or powerful mage users(I have very very strong dragonbone armor, arrows litterally bounce off) even with my enchantments on, thankfully I have spellbreaker.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
On my old character it was Fire Breath and Unrelenting Force, mainly.

My current character will not be triggering the dragons, so none now. I am so over fighting those pests.