What stupid breach of the law do you hate?

Olofelefant

Feb 18, 2011
Jodah said:
Olofelefant said:
Jodah said:
Drunk driving for me too. My brother (who was two at the time, I wasn't born yet) was killed when a drunk drove into my father's lane because she passed out at the wheel. Not only was the bar that allowed her to drink all day every day and then drive not punished but the DA took so long to prosecute the case the statute of limitations almost ran out (it wasn't considered murder so there was one) so they forced a quick deal that was more or less a slap on the wrist.
Holy shit

I'm so sorry

OT: I fucking hate animal abusers too.
It gets worse too. A few months after the crash my parents got a card with the usual religious "I'm at peace" stuff and it was signed with my brother's name, which understandably upset my parents a great deal. Come to find out later after fingerprinting the card/envelope that the drunk driver's son was the one that sent it. He went to prison for a good while for harassment and some other stuff.
At least he got punished.

Iconsting

Apr 14, 2009
Plagiarism.

Imagine my surprise when I write an angry note on Facebook and, when a classmate is assigned to write an essay with that particular tone, he writes my essay word for word! Then I found out that someone posted a blog with a bunch of essays made for the purpose of transcending homework assignments. Mine was on there.

... So I printed out the blog and gave it to my teacher the next day.

Venereus

May 9, 2010
Once some buglars broke into my gym teacher's home while he was there. He was also a martial artist.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
I feel bad saying this here, I hate dog owners that don't pick up after their dog on my lawn. I do feel sorry about your dog though drunk drivers really do suck.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Stupidity on my part. I didn't think he would be so audacious to steal £40 out of the total £50 that was in my wallet that I left on my desk in my room. I can't believe I was so stupid to believe that he would only steal 10, 20 at the most. I intended to leave a trap to back up my earlier suspicions (Change going missing, drawer contents moved around etc). I got the money back but seriously.

Thankfully the little shit is safely behind bars, away from all of my possessions. And most probably denied the opportunity to reside here ever again. I fucking hate thieves.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Agreeing with all the ones already mentioned, as well as speeding and any kind of reckless driving.

But I also have a special hatred for high level white collar crimes. People who are already rich and way better off than most people alive in the world decide they're not rich enough so they make millions stealing from others, tricking them into doing things they don't understand, violating their fiduciary duties to these people and affecting the lives of who knows how many trusting investors or clients in the process. Entitled bastards who have all the advantages in the world, yet still can't be arsed to work or live within their already ample means, I have no sympathy for. I can't stand people abusing their power when they're already so much better off than everyone else.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Drunk driving because I'm new on the road and don't want my first accident from some shit eating punk with no self control.

I wouldn't otherwise give a shit if people get drunk, but get a designated driver for fucks sake. Or better yet, just take your adventures of drunkness to the bus, then you can entertain sober people and hobos.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
ninjastovall0 said:
whats it called when an 18-legal- year old is having sex with a 16-minor- year old.
or is that against anything?
Statutory Rape, I believe. Depends on the laws where you live.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Iconsting said:
Plagiarism.

Imagine my surprise when I write an angry note on Facebook and, when a classmate is assigned to write an essay with that particular tone, he writes my essay word for word! Then I found out that someone posted a blog with a bunch of essays made for the purpose of transcending homework assignments. Mine was on there.

... And? What happened?

Iconsting

Apr 14, 2009
[/quote]
ultrachicken said:
Iconsting said:
Plagiarism.

... And? What happened?
Everything that one could assume would happen. First, the teacher checked the website to make sure it wasn't fake. He then reported this to the principal, who arranged for the student in question to be suspended, reported the blog to the host, and got it taken down. Standard procedure.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Okay, sure. Here's a thing.

I don't drive. I am old enough and able enough, without a doubt, but I never bothered with a license. My choice. So, I never bothered with cars, right? Well tell me something, then. Exactly how am I suppose to know any obscure traffic violations, which you find in a driver's manual, IF I DO NOT DRIVE?!

Nobody I know who DOES drive ever told me that there were any that applied to non-drivers. Nobody ever said "Hey Jack! You should read this thing!". Not a thing, nobody, not a one. The world of cars never had a thing on me, but I certainly had a COP bothering me. Probably ran short on his quota too.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
the one I hate the most is when people break stuff just for the hell of it.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
FalloutJack said:

I don't drive. I am old enough and able enough, without a doubt, but I never bothered with a license. My choice. So, I never bothered with cars, right? Well tell me something, then. Exactly how am I suppose to know any obscure traffic violations, which you find in a driver's manual, IF I DO NOT DRIVE?!

Nobody I know who DOES drive ever told me that there were any that applied to non-drivers. Nobody ever said "Hey Jack! You should read this thing!". Not a thing, nobody, not a one. The world of cars never had a thing on me, but I certainly had a COP bothering me. Probably ran short on his quota too.
I'm confused. What actually happened? How'd you get a cop on your case if you weren't driving?

OT: Rape, assault, or any kind of abuse. And drunk driving. Honestly, anything that has a negative, lasting effect on an innocent person.

However, there is one breach of the law that I hate BECAUSE doing it is a breach of the law. I jaywalk like it's my job. Why is that a law?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
runnernda said:
FalloutJack said:

I'm confused. What actually happened? How'd you get a cop on your case if you weren't driving?
Crossing a highway.

It's like your complaint about jaywalking, but for highways. Now, sometimes it's for shortcuts and sometimes it's almost necessary. But here's a question for you. Why is it that a thing that I did tons of times through my college years and so on is suddenly total lunacy? I did this crap in full view of the police, no problems. You know what I do sometimes when they roll by? I WAVE. I wave 'cause I'm not even aware there's a problem. You can't unload shit on me after years of not doing a damn thing. That's bullshit.

Nubbyzor

May 6, 2011
Jodah said:
Drunk driving for me too. My brother (who was two at the time, I wasn't born yet) was killed when a drunk drove into my father's lane because she passed out at the wheel. Not only was the bar that allowed her to drink all day every day and then drive not punished but the DA took so long to prosecute the case the statute of limitations almost ran out (it wasn't considered murder so there was one) so they forced a quick deal that was more or less a slap on the wrist.
So he dodged courts for 7 years? Also last I checked no court goes easy "slap on the wrist" to a drunk driving child killer. Your story doesn't add up.