What superpower would you choose?

FateOrFatality

Mar 27, 2010
Teleportation, balanced by the fact that I can still die like a normal human and I'd be very disoriented when I arrived at my destination so I'd be extremely vulnerable then. Not really sure if that's balanced though - I mean, conceivably I could still beat a full battalion of soldiers, so maybe there should be a limit to how quickly I can teleport again.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
The ability to manipulate blood and thus kill my enemies by blocking their arteries and giving them heart attacks. I have to be touching the enemy to do so, though (like Kimblee in Fullmetal Alchemist only much more subtle). That way I'd be able to kill people without being easily caught.

That or SUPER-POWERFUL POWERS OF SEDUCTION! You know it would be awesome.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Shapeshifting. I could transform into anything, but dramatic changes in size (like if I turned into a 50 foot dragon or a mosquito) would take longer and leave me vulnerable during that time.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
Rowan93 said:
So, what power would you choose to have in these circumstances? What weaknesses do you choose, and/or what are the power's limitations?
It's gotta be telekinesis.
Counterbalance is that I get increasingly tired/faint/tunnelvision when using it to a much greater extent than my natural strength.
So lifting a car would be really difficult, trying to lift a house would cause a blackout and long lasting exhaustion, death if you tried for too long.
Maybe also make it more difficult to concentrate when doing it through amounts of dense matter. Doing it through a brick wall is relatively easy, but through a reinforced concrete bunker would be difficult or impossible

The good bit? You don't need much raw power to squeeze someone's brain when you can ignore the skull. Equally, applying a couple of dozen kg of pressure on a few square millimeters is going to make a hell of a mess :p

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Magic? I can do a bit of everything, but I can't just wish it to happen, it takes time and at least a half-decent understanding of what I want to happen. For example, I could heal people, but it wouldn't be as instinctive as someone with healing powers, I'd actually need to understand what I was healing and how. Also, being magic rather than telekinesis, I'd have a bit more lee-way in terms of the range of things I could do (I could, for example, set up magical wards/traps and the like), and my capacity for it would be my magical energy, not my actual physical energy; so I can do things that happen naturally fairly easily, because it wouldn't be going too much against the normal progression of events, as much as it would be accelerating it, or altering the initial conditions to change the course of the event, but if I wanted to shape-shift, or create something out of nothing, I'd be much more exhausted afterwards.

So I reckon with these powers I could take on a small group of trained military people, but throw a lot at me and I wouldn't really have the time to prepare for every eventuality, so I'd be more likely to need to act on the fly, and given that I'd actually need to understand what I wanted to happen, my greatest defence would be some rudimentary excuse for telekinesis (like having the barrels of their guns bend, or their shoes stick to the floor, or doors handles to be too hot to touch, or something similarly petty yet simple).

nico74

Feb 11, 2007
Stopping time. But only for as long as I can hold my breath, like Guldo from DBZ. I feel like if I trained my lungs I could hold my breath for a couple minutes.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
kommando367 said:
Shapeshifting. I could transform into anything, but dramatic changes in size (like if I turned into a 50 foot dragon or a mosquito) would take longer and leave me vulnerable during that time.
Not to mention being blown over by a stiff breeze because of the Conservation of Energy.

Mark Chipperfield

Jan 17, 2011
I would have Bernard's watch (stopwatch that can pause and play time allowing the controller to run around freely as everyone else is frozen). At the moment in my life, this would be incredibly useful, i could catch up on so much sleep, give in all work on due dates in perfect completion and i would never be late again...plus a load of other petty pranks to do.

joemegson94

Aug 17, 2010
I'd be able to move things with my mind, as well as be able to change whether something is a solid, liquid or gas, but only be able to eat paper.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
arc1991 said:
Pontus Hashis said:
Ability to give pleasure with my touch.
LOL, that would be amusing on a night out...
Or a fun trip to the zoo >_>

OT: How about necromantic abilities. Create zombies, skeleton warriors, ghosts and ghouls etc, but the only time i could use it would be between midnight and 6am because sunlight makes my creations burst into flames.

Good thing i'm pretty much nocturnal.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Da Orky Man said:
kommando367 said:
Not to mention being blown over by a stiff breeze because of the Conservation of Energy.
It's a magical superpower. It doesn't have to follow scientific laws.

kyle_silver

Oct 4, 2011
What I'd like for a super power; would be the ability to heal others, but every time I use it, it takes something from me, it makes me weaker, if I try and Heal something, like Say a Brain Tumor, it would probably kill me, or hurt me in some way.. Sort of like how Force lightning slowly Kills the user.. I hope all that makes sense.

[ And for Strangeness, my Captcha was " Face the music. " ]