What the f is up with all of this My Little Pony crap?

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Is it ironically fashionable or something? I'm seeing them everywhere and my old man brain is getting fuzzy.
ok, I don't care anymore

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
bdcjacko said:
Is it ironically fashionable or something? I'm seeing them everywhere and my old man brain is getting fuzzy.
Because the animation is awesome and they make for excellent reaction images.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Its the current "OMG SO AMAZING!!1!" thing on the internet.

Its not as good as they're saying, but I'd much rather the new MLP be the target of interest than most anything else on the internet. >.>

Just to sugary and fluffy for me.
Now excuse me while I go gather string and small twigs to help my blue jays build themselves a new home.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
As near as I can understand, people like it. It's from the same creative minds that brought us the Powerpuff Girls, so the sudden mass-appeal of what appears to be a show aimed at little girls isn't entirely surprising.

Personally, I think it's a cute show, and definitely a cut above most animated shows on TV today, but the level of obsession we're seeing in some fans is a little bit disturbing.

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
It's actually a good show. I don't know why it's become so popular around here, but yeah, I would say it's both ironically and unironically fashionable.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
because there is a lot of girls/ girly people on here who it appeals to? i dunno, i have only seen 2 maybe?

Misho-

May 20, 2010
Well, if you are a girl and you like it, it's cool.

If you're a guy and you like it you're a brownie (or something).

But me? I don't know... It's just 2 cute and sickening. It's weird... I don't like the show. >:/

Edit: Also it's very popular in 4chan so...

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
Its an epic show that nobody should miss, thats pretty much it.
Hell to the yeah on this.

Seriously, give it a chance. It's good, I swear.

Animation = Great. The cuteness will give you diabetes.

Voices = Awesome. Some real talent on display here, including Tara Strong, voice of Bubbles, Raven, and Rikku (from PowerPuff Girls, Teen Titans, and Final Fantasy 10, respectively)

Jokes = Hilarious. Whoever wrote the jokes in this is SERIOUSLY talented. Hell, this show has the first funny anvil gag I've seen in ages.

Do. Not. Miss. This.

Buzz Killington_v1legacy

Likes Good Stories About Bridges
Aug 8, 2009

Now that that's out of the way...as so many others are saying, it's a genuinely good show. It's well-animated and cute without being saccharine. I first checked it out to see what all the memes were talking about, and I got hooked.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
*Looks around* What little ponies might you be referring to?

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Leemaster777 said:
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
Its an epic show that nobody should miss, thats pretty much it.
Hell to the yeah on this.

Seriously, give it a chance. It's good, I swear.

Animation = Great. The cuteness will give you diabetes.

Voices = Awesome. Some real talent on display here, including Tara Strong, voice of Bubbles, Raven, and Rikku (from PowerPuff Girls, Teen Titans, and Final Fantasy 10, respectively)

Jokes = Hilarious. Whoever wrote the jokes in this is SERIOUSLY talented. Hell, this show has the first funny anvil gag I've seen in ages.

Do. Not. Miss. This.
I agree with this. I was a bit sceptical at first, but the show is really good and has several male fans. "Bronies". You can find the episodes on youtube. I thought the comments there was interesting.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I personaly think the Animation is good, and it keeps your little bastard children quiet whilst you go make a cup of tea before they start tearing each other's hair out again.