What the hell is it with the Fray?

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
I saw them live at V last year, and my god, they were terrible. The worst live band I have ever seen. The singer's voice was off-key, the drums sounded terrible, you couldn't hear the bass... I felt like gouging my ears off, but instead I went and watched the Fratellis. Not my favourite band, but after what had just happened, I'd have listened to the Pop Idol rejects with a smile on my face.
believe it or not i've seen a worse band live, well a few.

first and foremost is the fat guy with an ed grimley hair spike, eyeliner and sequene shirt, i'm not joking, he basically did spoken word but sung the last word of each line, ok tried to he would just try to hit a note

second is garbage, they are ok on cd but that's because they have 189734091847031284701 tracks per song, they will pick and choose notes from different takes for some songs

there were a couple more that we basically talked over and were happy they got off the stage, i've ridiculed a lot of bands on stage

i sadly missed the fat guy at the ministry show on sat, friend told me about him. he would try and play bass and miserably fail at singing, also he'd tell the crowd to show their horns like 5 times in a song. dude was outside hawking his cds, asked my buddy if he wanted one and he replied "well if you learned to play and got some talent then maybe i would consider buying your cd"

as for the fray, they suck, sorry to say, i tried to block their suck and now i'm scared again

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
conqueror Kenny said:
Russian Redneck said:
conqueror Kenny said:
Russian Redneck said:
x434343 said:
No. Stop. Do not blindly defend the band the Fray just because you like them.
That's usually why people defend their favorite bands, myself included. :/
*da da tsh*
Huh? I don't get it. Explain this to me.
its the sound on the drums when someone makes a joke.
As in buh dum tish. Didn't get it at first either (Drums that make a 'da' sound? wtf)

nightfish

Nov 7, 2007
cleverlymadeup said:
second is garbage, they are ok on cd but that's because they have 189734091847031284701 tracks per song, they will pick and choose notes from different takes for some songs
:D hey come on lay of garbage :p

ShadeOfRed

Jan 20, 2008
I don't think I've heard it. If they're like any other band that's played on the radio, all they do is whine about something or other.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
pigeon_of_doom said:
conqueror Kenny said:
Russian Redneck said:
conqueror Kenny said:
Russian Redneck said:
x434343 said:
*da da tsh*
As in buh dum tish. Didn't get it at first either (Drums that make a 'da' sound? wtf)
Have you never heard the soviet kettle drum?

TomNook

Feb 21, 2008
nilcypher said:
pigeon_of_doom said:
conqueror Kenny said:
Russian Redneck said:
conqueror Kenny said:
Russian Redneck said:
x434343 said:
*da da tsh*
Have you never heard the soviet kettle drum?
da da tsh is a snare, buh dum bum could be a tom tom or something like that.

Gooble

May 9, 2008
I agree that their music suck, and they should no way have as much popularity as they have received; just be grateful that they're a one-hit wonder and any other tracks that do become popular will probably be better than HTSAL

Also, dont blame the band, what they're doing they think is good, and have been told it's good by producers...blame the producers :p

inbetweendreams1031

Mar 18, 2008
Well, it's just that 'How to Save a Life' is just another of those really big hits that has everyone raving about it for a while... like Nickleback's 'Rockstar', or 'Who let the Dogs Out?' or whatever...

rayxofxsunshine

Mar 13, 2008
I think you're right about how their songs are all the same. Repetition can kill more albums faster than rifle practice.

I still like the Cable Car song, though, just because it's catchy, and I'm a fan of the "piano rock" genre. In the end, however, I refuse to buy their CD or waste bandwidth downloading it (since I don't buy anything these days) for all the points you said.

edit:
How to Save a Life is probably only popular because it's bloody everywhere. TV, Movies, Every Bloody Possible Radio Station, Your mom. Every media outlet has that song somewhere in its arsenal, and there's enough menopausal women and prepubescent teens who adore it to keep it going.

Fud

Apr 6, 2008
x434343, your opinion is not right. It isn't wrong, either. It is just one among millions, and no more important than anyone else's. You may think they suck, but obviously some people don't because their first album, according to Amazon.com, has sold over 1.5 million copies.

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
x434343 said:
zen5887 said:
I got nothing against the fray.. How to save a life is a pretty cool song
Why do you think that?
I like the Piano which really drives the song, the hook line is really catchy so its good to sing along too, the bassline is subtle but locks in with the drums pretty much 100%, the guitar is kinda weak but the focus is defently on the piano and lyrics (which are pretty strong) so it does the job really well, he has a pretty good voice and the drum beat is really solid.

=)

Predictable-joke

May 16, 2008
bluemarsman said:
I HAVE TO LISTEN TO THAT F@#$ING SONG EVERY F@#%ING DAY ON THE BUS!!!!
Raaagh! Look at him people! Look at how angry and frustrated he is! Raagh! What a brilliant statement m'dear.