What time is right to start drinking?

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
Backstory:

Yesterday I went to the Millwoods Disease Center, a local shopping mall for gangs, in search of cheap cat food and tunafish. I found the tunafish at a store that smelled of rotten feet called Zellers, but then my dad realized he wanted a red ball from the Doller Store. This involved walking through the mall and risking malaria and getting stabbed.

On this quest, we walked past a pub/grill/gang hangout called Bo'Diddly's. I looked beyond the group of thieving gypsy children in front of me to read the sign in front of the blood-spattered doors. It read:

"Free mug of domestic draft with purchase of breakfast."

I was overcome with nausea at the idea of both having beer for breakfast and having breakfast at a place called Bo'Diddlys. Before I left, I looked inside and noticed an obese woman sitting inside, eating some sort of putrid grease banana. She took a large bite and winked at me, which was my signal to get out of there.

Topic
Personally, I don't even like to think of drinking anything alcoholic before lunch. It just seems weird to me. Although I could see having champagne for breakfast, a nice cold beer just doesn't seem to go well with cereal and pancakes.

What time do you think is acceptable to drink an alcoholic beverage? Do you take exeption to some?

blackjaw1

Nov 5, 2009
I wouldn't drink beer before 11 am. I've had beer with my lunches at 11 before and gotten some weird remarks from friends, but I don't really have a problem with it.

Mimosas, however, are the perfect morning alcoholic drink because they taste like candy. It really just depends on what the drink is. I love a few mimosas with breakfast, but I don't think I'd drink a rye manhattan with breakfast. I guess I'm okay with anything after 11 am, but before that probably only breakfast cocaktails.

Doctor What

Jul 29, 2008
A freckle past a hair, man! That's when it's acceptable!

But seriously, I think lunch is the time of day that it's acceptable to drink.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
Lunch time is the acceptable time to have a drink.

Dinner time is the acceptable time to have more.

Approaching midnight is the acceptable time to be drunk.

The_Decoy

Nov 22, 2009
While I'd generally say lunch time, I have on occasion used hair of the dog to even me out during the morning after.

Aur0ra145

Elite Member
May 22, 2009
I've drank at all times of the day (I was a professional college student for a few years.) and I must stay that the best time to start drinking is about 5pm. Really, not just because of the Jimmy Buffet song, it's just a good time to start if paced at a fun rate, and you've got to keep it up for a while.

A friend of mine once said to me, "Brad, it's 8am and you're drinking a beer, you opinion doesn't count anymore."

Project_Omega

Sep 7, 2009
Sturmdolch said:
Backstory:

Yesterday I went to the Millwoods Disease Center, a local shopping mall for gangs, in search of cheap cat food and tunafish. I found the tunafish at a store that smelled of rotten feet called Zellers, but then my dad realized he wanted a red ball from the Doller Store. This involved walking through the mall and risking malaria and getting stabbed.

On this quest, we walked past a pub/grill/gang hangout called Bo'Diddly's. I looked beyond the group of thieving gypsy children in front of me to read the sign in front of the blood-spattered doors. It read:

"Free mug of domestic draft with purchase of breakfast."

I was overcome with nausea at the idea of both having beer for breakfast and having breakfast at a place called Bo'Diddlys. Before I left, I looked inside and noticed an obese woman sitting inside, eating some sort of putrid grease banana. She took a large bite and winked at me, which was my signal to get out of there.

Topic
Personally, I don't even like to think of drinking anything alcoholic before lunch. It just seems weird to me. Although I could see having champagne for breakfast, a nice cold beer just doesn't seem to go well with cereal and pancakes.

What time do you think is acceptable to drink an alcoholic beverage? Do you take exeption to some?

When your alcoholic dad stops (=3 reference) TAG TEAM!!!

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
You drink once everyone is at the party. Drinking by yourself is just sad IMO.

InvisibleSeal

The Invisible One
May 3, 2009
I've never really considered drinking before midday actually - just seems a bit off. I have had a beer or sangria with lunch though.

An exception to the rule could be people with hangovers drinking it off though...

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
I only drink on days of the Week ending in "Y", And i dont see whats wrong with having a beer at breakfast, As long as you dont plan to do anything all day.

I believe they call it the "Festival Diet".

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
Anytime can be drinking time. Some times just feel strange, like the times after immediately waking up.

Drink whenever you want.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Riiight... now.

Not really, I actually dislike most alcoholic stuff.
I've no problem with strong, but most just taste like shit. If I really wanted to prove to my friends I'm tough, I'd just start a fight with a bus driver. (you know, because I'm a teenager and they drink to... whatever)

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
I only drink when eating at our favorite Mexican restaurant, because they have awesome frozen margaritas. Soo... whenever I'm there?

razormint21

Mar 29, 2010
Good Booze starts at 5:00 pm. Especially those after class shot sessions.
Anything earlier means that you love alcohol too much.

brettskibols

Apr 13, 2010
I'd say lunch time is the best answer, I'd never drink before then and I can't imagine how bored I'd have to be to ever drink in the morning.

Nikajo

Feb 6, 2009
Well lets turn the question around - is there ever a right time to stop drinking?! ha :)

Seriously though it kinda depends on the situation. On a normal day to me it feels weird starting any earlier than about 15:00. However on St.Patricks day I started drinking with Dad at about 12:30 but obviously this is an odd occurance.

Beer with breakfast does sound kind of revolting though. Cider maybe? At least it's kinda similar to apple juice :)

Abbyrose07

Mar 31, 2010
Usually after 5pm is when I like to drink because it's just more fun! I don't like drinking early in the day or the afternoon because then I end up just going to bed early drunk.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Custard_Angel said:
Lunch time is the acceptable time to have a drink.

Dinner time is the acceptable time to have more.

Approaching midnight is the acceptable time to be drunk.
A agree with this, although I'd replace drink with beer.

Also, on occasion it is acceptable to drink from dawn till dusk.

I am Spy

Dec 14, 2008
Insanum said:
I only drink on days of the Week ending in "Y", And i dont see whats wrong with having a beer at breakfast, As long as you dont plan to do anything all day.

I believe they call it the "Festival Diet".
Correct. When at a festival, every meal consists of Beer and a Pizza/Burger. It is glorious.

In the 'real world' however, it's fine to drink with lunch but I wouldn't really find it acceptable to just be drinking until at least early evening.