What to do with eternity

rancher of monsters

Oct 31, 2010
gabe12301 said:
run for president. You can't lose when you've been living for 4,000 years.
Unless you're third party

OP: I would learn every art, science, and skill the world has to offer. I would spend mutiple lifetimes in different countries just hanging out with interesting people. Then I would go to a club and drink lots of Dos Equis

Stay thirsty my friends :)

Lagslayer

Apr 18, 2011
I'd go for the high score! Which high score, you ask? All of them! What's gonna stop me? I'm immortal, baby! Not that being immortal wouldn't suck sometimes, but at some point you will stop being crazy.

Deus mortuus est

Apr 26, 2011
I'd probably alternate between travelling for a couple of decades, taking notes and pictures and then 'settling down' living for a couple of years in a small town, working as a teacher or something, before moving on to another place so that my not-aging won't be noticed.

On my spare time I'd use my notes and photos to write books, about 5 for each century, noting what has disappeared, what has risen in its place etc. Then I'd make a digital copy of each book and send it out on the web, while storing the originals in some deep underground vault safe from wars and natural disasters.

I'd be the observer, making sure that human history was recorded and stored for later generations, or later species. (This of course means that I'd have to try all the new cool things as well... I got quite the addiction to adrenaline)

May 5, 2010
What, and human history is supposed to be a substantial experience? I'm fucking immortal. I have unlimited time and unlimited space. Therefore, the possibilities are literally endless. So what will I do?

Step 1: Build a TARDIS
Step 2: Save Earth from destruction with the help of a hot 20-something girl.
Step 3: Adopt said hot girl as a companion.
Step 4: Travel universe.
Step 5: Watch as an Ancient Villain appears and causes great tragedy.
Step 6: Reverse said tragedy using troll physics, defeat Ancient Villain.
Step 7: Leave Hot Girl behind due to unforeseen and possibly tragic circumstances.
Step 8: Be sad.
Step 9: Repeat from Step 2.

Let's face it, this is really the only right answer.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
Go to every monumental achievement and say "I've seen it done before".

That, and pick up on chicks.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
1. Avoid getting trapped in inescapable circumstances (thrown into space, trapped at the bottom of the ocean, dropped into molten rock, etc.)

2. Dick around for (however long I last until I got well and truly bored), after which...

3. Become the head of a multinational shadow government, effectively taking over the world without military might. People do not know what is good for them and who better to dictate them than an immortal who has seen everything?

Brainpalm

Apr 17, 2010
Keep playing videogames and such, then eventually take over the world and purge stupid people from existence.

The Afrodactyl

Jul 19, 2010
Well if I won't die of age, I'll grab me an assault rifle and go apeshit. Hell, if I'm going to live forever, being a mercenary will at least keep me on my toes.

AlkalineGamer

Jan 6, 2011
Whatever i want. Try and learn as much as i possibly can, better myself beyond the limits of normal humans and ultimately try to transcend humanity and physicality. or something.

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
Well, I would wander the Earth as a traveling mercenary and help the locals. There would be many wacky hijinks and heartwarming life lessons learned on a weekly basis.

After that, I would become the world's foremost expert at underwater basket weaving. It is a respected and challenging art form.

Finally, I would lurk around forums late at night and post slightly goofy comments. You know, since I don't do that already or anything.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Eventually speak every human language fruently, and become nomadic across countries, doing all notable activities under pseudonyms.

Layz92

May 4, 2009
I would work towards a extremely advanced understanding of a particular science. When I am awesome at it then I would move onto another science/area of expertise. When you have mastered all the sciences and skills you could design and build anything. After you can do that I would turn my attention towards exploration of the universe.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Invent a device that allows me to live or experience a fictional universe.[sub]Among many other things.[/sub]

Yes I would go to the world of My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic and Warhammer 40,000.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
Find out how to give immortality to my close friends and family if they want it. I don't want to live forever only to be alone. I want my gf to be with me forever if she wants immortality.

I'd start collecting things too. Swords, guns, books, anything. I'd put money in banks and let it sit for years and years and invest in things and play the stock market. If I'm old enough, I'll probably have a general idea of how history repeats itself better than history books can get across and I'll use that to become wealthy so that I can have nice things and provide for my family. I'd help contribute to organizations for medical research and the like.

All in all, I'll try to keep busy. Eternity is a long, long time.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
All sorts of things.

When time isn't as important an issue to you, your options really pan out. I'd learn skills and facts on all sorts of things. Make sure I could speak in many different languages and such. Know tons of history and science. Learn crazy math formulas and work at better predicting human actions. Live life by just traveling and trying new things. Perhaps I would work sometimes, while other times just drift by on what money I've made so far (considering I've been alive for a long time, I should have a damn good bank account), but life would be pretty interesting.

Eventually though, I'd insert myself into the right place and begin to play puppetmaster a bit. I wouldn't control all of humanity, but I'd push and pull in certain areas so that it comes out the way I want it to. Help lead the species on to a great future, whether they know about me or not. Meanwhile continue to live out a life of luxury and pleasure, while constantly watching my planet-sized chessboard.

Probably write a few books as well.