What Video Game Character Do You Think Has the Highest Kill Count

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
This came a cross my mind while I was playing Ass Creed 1 (I'm getting all the flags) after dispatching yet another group of 25 guards.
I honestly can't come up with a good answer.
Characters/PCs in multiplayer don't count, and it has to be kills that happen either in gameplay or cutscenes.
The kill count keeps going for games in a series and cameos as long as it's the same character, however kills that happen between the appearences don't count.
(Basically, the devs aren't allowed to say their character went off and killed a billion people between games)
If it's something like Shepard doing some mass genocide--as he does--then just put a star next to their name
It can be a player character or an NPC.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I think Master Cgief might be pretty high up on the listsince he destroys all the Halo Rings with all the flood and Covenant left on them...

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
Master of Orion 2 with a fleet of Doomstars all equipped with stellar converters. I have killed billions. seriously.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Max Payne holds the highest kill count of junkies, mobsters and mercenaries. Seriously, I'm close to finishing Max Payne 1 and he is just mowing through them all.

YuheJi

Mar 17, 2009
I immediately thought of Prototype. It is ridiculously easy to kill people in that game, even when you're not doing so intentionally...

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
PrimitiveJudge said:
Master of Orion 2 with a fleet of Doomstars all equipped with stellar converters. I have killed billions. seriously.
I personally don't think you could count games like Masters of Orion in this case given they lack "characters" in any traditional sense of the word.

For my money, I'd bet Master Chief has a body count in the hundreds of thousands from the events of Halo alone.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
It would be someone from a strategy game, the kind that involves nukes or planet destroyers.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Shepard killed millions of Batarians when he blew up that Mass Relay with the asteroid didn't he?

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
Eclectic Dreck said:
PrimitiveJudge said:
I personally don't think you could count games like Masters of Orion in this case given they lack "characters" in any traditional sense of the word.

For my money, I'd bet Master Chief has a body count in the hundreds of thousands from the events of Halo alone.
I created a character, based on my personality and slaughtered billions of people. Based on rules alone I have a high kill count. However if the OP would of discredited RTS games then I would agree with you 65% (only because I have played Halo and Halo ODST only.

Hmm might of gone to far off topic then back on topic then off topic.. '

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Well... depends... kills done in person? Or kills ordered?

If the former, then... I'unno, really... Serious Sam?

If the latter... the player-head of state in any TW game... -_-

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I want to say Dormammu . But other than Marvel vs Capcom i'm not sure if he is in any other games .

The only other chater that comes to mind is Wilhelm ( vector CEO) from the xenosaga series .

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I'm tempted to say Serious Sam, but I'm sure there are better candidates.

Datsle said:
The first Goomba in Super Mario,
Actually yeah, this right here. That little guy has probably wiped out half the world's gaming population.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
In cutscenes or in gameplay? Evil Cole MacGrath in inFamous 2 hell he basically uses humans as a renewable energy source in gameplay

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Serious Sam.

Sure a couple of video game characters blow up planets, but those are indirect kills. Sam gets his hands dirty.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Indirect kills count? If they do, Kratos pretty much unleashes the apocalypse and killed everything and everyone by the end of 3.
If they don't, then I guess some characters in Dynasty Warrior should take it.

MoreThanANoob

Oct 9, 2012
I was going to say something like the Doom Marine, but then I saw someone bring up Prototype...

...Yup.

Fisher321

Sep 2, 2010
Indirect kills in an RTS I would have to say the Novalith Cannon in Sins of a Solar Empire. Seriously, this shoots a round so big that it travels across the galaxy and can decolonize (wipe out the planets population and revoke an empires ownership of it) in a single hit. This thing has a cool down time of about 5 minutes, so that's billions of people every five minutes. Yea, pretty bad..

Also, the Capital ships on that game hold about 3-5 thousand personnel, so yeah destroying more than 3 Capitals in a single battle is already sending the death toll to over 10,000. And that's not even counting all the other ships in the fleet.

So one big battle with multiple Capital ships and a large support fleet could easily result in death tolls of over 50,000.

OT

Probably Master Chief.