What VideoGame Characters Do You Share The Same First Name With?

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
After the release of the mechromancer DLC for Borderlands 2 it got me thinking as to which videogame characters do you personally share the same first name with? Spelling does not matter.

As for me, isn't it obvious?!

felbot

May 11, 2011
your name is gaige? sweet name dude.

anyways in another thread like this someone pointed out that the main character of golden sun is named felix, though i have not played golden sun so i cannot confirm this.

if anyone know any other characters named felix then would you be so kind as to tell me about them.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Well, I share a name with a couple of characters such as...

and

I think my name should be easy enough to guess at this point...

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
I've only very recently encountered a video game character with my name. And it was kind of awkward because it was a visual novel and the character in question is female...

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
I've never seen a game main character with the name of Bernard, I gotta say. My name's no Joe, that's for sure.

I've seen a random trainer in one of the Game Boy Advance Pokemon games be called Bernard, but that's about it for my name, as far as I know.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
I have the same name as Solid Snake. And a few common NPCs form time to time but that's the one that comes to mind.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Saulkar said:
felbot said:
your name is gaige? sweet name dude.
It is unfortunately spelled without the "I".
How many people try to pronounce it "Gag?"

Apparently there's some snow boarding games with it and Harvest Moon.

Oh and Ricky Gervais pops up as himself in GTA, does that count? I'm counting it.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
PinotEnvy said:
Would you kindly believe my first name is Andrew?
Goddamnit! I thought I would be first to say that this time! =P

So yeah, Andrew Ryan.

I'm pretty sure I've also been a fisherman and a Pokemaniac in various Pokemon games.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Qitz said:
How many people try to pronounce it "Gag?"

None, it is spelled Gage, no one I ever met made that mistake.

NewYork_Comedian

Nov 28, 2009
Freaking Mass Effect just has to make everyone who has the name of Comrad want to face palm themselves to death.

At least in the third game under the right circumstances you can get him to sacrifice his life for you, but since I'm a compilitionist Jenna just had to save him despite his screw ups.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
For the longest time, the only time I ever encountered my own name in a video game was in one of the Pokemon Games, in the form of a clown trainer. Not exactly inspirational.

However, recently, my name has finally popped up in a video game series. And not just any video game series, but my FAVORITE long-running series. It's not spelled exactly the same, but it's pronounced the same. Behold:

Now that Axel is officially named Lea, I can safely say that I share a name with a certified badass.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
The only character I can think of is Steve Burns in Resident Evil 0. Steve must not be a popular name in games.

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
I'm going to cheat a bit and count my name's English version as well, since I assume Valtteri isn't that of a popular name in games.

Uh, I think there was some guy related to a sidequest with a blood mage in Dragon Age 2 called Walter.
Other than that, I can't think of any.

*sniff*

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
I share my name with a somewhat minor Legend of Zelda character: Colin [http://www.zeldawiki.org/Colin]

He's the only Colin I know of in video games, and as far as characters that I could share my first name with go he isn't too bad. Not exactly a badass, but not a bad character by any account.

Also, upon further inspection I've found that two minor trainers in the Pokemon games share the same name with me: a Pokefan on the SS Anne and a Worker in Oreburgh Mine.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Also Frank Tenpenny from GTA San Andreas voiced by Samual L Motherfuckin Jackson
Frank Pritchard from Deus Ex Human Revolution
Frank Horrigan, the final boss of Fallout 2
there's a few others, I just listed the ones that were major characters.

Shreder55

Jul 1, 2009
Harry Mason from Silent Hill.

Well I'm screwed now.

(Or Pitfall Harry which is a bit better)