What was the last comic book/manga you read?

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
X4NDR said:
I've been getting my Batman lore on:

Arkham Asylum A Serious House on Serious Earth
The Long Halloween
The Killing Joke
The Dark Knight Returns

Anyone care to recommend me other Batman comics? I'm really itching for more.
As I said above, Hush is interesting, but not as great as it could be. Read it depending on how much you liked Long Halloween.
Under the Hood is supposed to be good, but I haven't read that much of it and your opinion may vary depending on your emotional attachment to a dead Jason Todd.
I heard good things about everything that happened when Batman was "dead", but I haven't checked that out.
If you are just looking for Batman mythos, my GF swears by Gotham City Sirens.
Oh, and Batman Year One is supposed to be really good thing and the other worthwhile part to Frank Miller's alternate Batman universe. Approach at your own risk though. (Again, working off of rumors more than actual reading).

Incidentally, how was Long Halloween and Arkham Asylum. I may be on a bit of a Batman kick and looking for new stuff.

FURY_007

Jun 8, 2008
Caught up on Secret Warriors with issue 28, such an awesome series, can't wait to see where they take Nick Fury

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
In the spring I read up to volume 12 of Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star), but I've been too busy with other stuff to really read any manga, so I never finished it.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
I didn't know they did a Batman: The Animated Series-style Dark Claw book! I knew a little bit about Anaglam seeing ads for the books in some of my old 90's comics. I guess the last comic I read was issue two of the newly rebooted Batman (Although he hasn't been rebooted at all...) or maybe it was the latest Shonen Jump, I don't remember.

Oh, wait now I remember, it was this really crappy Transformers comic I found based on the old movie...

Frezz

Nov 3, 2011
The last thing I actually held in my hand to read was a volume of Eyeshield 21, which never fails to entertain. It is such a seriously underrated manga.

The real last graphic novel-type thing I've read though is a webcomic, Gunnerkrigg Court. It was fun catching up after getting distracted from it for a while. Damn good stuff.

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
Black Lagoon was the most recent manga I've been reading. Good stuff and it seems the Anime was pretty faithful in its adaptation.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I haven,t gotten around reading my manga backlog the last paper thing I read was Solanin (partially) and a part of The Forgotten (a Doctor Who comic)

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Just finished reading the latest TWGOK issue (issue 168) 's still going along pretty well. Kudos to the writer to keeping it fresh and interesting while the central idea is still the same.

As for comics, the last one i read was an issue of Wolverine vs Deadpool quite a while ago, i wonder if that's still ongoing...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I finish reading Eragon last book "Inheritance". It was good overall althought the final battle was anti climatic (espically the dragon fight). I like the fact that unlike Lucus the last few chapters was able to resolve anything that could of left as a plotholes well except for one or two but I feel that was intentional.
So overall the whole series had been a decent book series for me (I don't read alot) despite it being unoriginal.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Just read the entire Akria series, damn that's a long book. Mostly density of ideas rather than actual length.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I recently got a compilation of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, so there's that.

And honestly, I liked the Amalgam universe concept, but don't know where to get the sub-comics...

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I assume last finished one: Two to Two, a short little Yuri manga about two couples come to terms with their relationships with their older lovers and themselves. I've seen better Yuri manga but it was short and enjoyable.

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
Full Metal Alchemist volumes 19 through 26 or whatever it's on right now. My copies of 1 through 18 are all at my family home which is about two hours away.

X4NDR

Dec 16, 2010
j0frenzy said:
X4NDR said:
I've been getting my Batman lore on:

Arkham Asylum A Serious House on Serious Earth
The Long Halloween
The Killing Joke
The Dark Knight Returns

Anyone care to recommend me other Batman comics? I'm really itching for more.
As I said above, Hush is interesting, but not as great as it could be. Read it depending on how much you liked Long Halloween.
Under the Hood is supposed to be good, but I haven't read that much of it and your opinion may vary depending on your emotional attachment to a dead Jason Todd.
I heard good things about everything that happened when Batman was "dead", but I haven't checked that out.
If you are just looking for Batman mythos, my GF swears by Gotham City Sirens.
Oh, and Batman Year One is supposed to be really good thing and the other worthwhile part to Frank Miller's alternate Batman universe. Approach at your own risk though. (Again, working off of rumors more than actual reading).

Incidentally, how was Long Halloween and Arkham Asylum. I may be on a bit of a Batman kick and looking for new stuff.
Arkham Asylum was quite a surreal experience. I haven't read a lot of comics so I don't really have a gauge on the standards but it's definitely not the traditional panel comics you normally read. The art style has surrealist overtones with very detailed illustrations. The Joker was especially disturbing for me. I can see where the game got it's influences from. If you plan to get this apparently there's a 15th anniversary rerelease of it with annotations about the symbolisms in the book which will help because there are a lot of them. The story can be hard to follow at times because of the art but it's essentially Batman trying to get out of the asylum as well as a side story that explains how Arkham Asylum came to be. Again the rerelease should help understanding the story more.

The Long Halloween wasn't as memorable as Arkham Asylum but it is pretty good nonetheless. It focuses on a holiday killer as well as how Harvey Dent became Two-Face. There's also a Batman-Gordon-Dent team as well as a pile-of-money burning scene. Sound familiar? The Christopher Nolan film was largely inspired by this book. Again I don't have a lot of experience with comic books but I did like the film noir tones and how they incorporated Batman's rogues gallery into the story.

If you're interested in any of these books by all means read them. I found both enjoyable on different levels. Also thanks for the reply. I'll be on the look out for those titles.